We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ryan Schlutz: Miracles Without Moves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
483 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Dang Stephen now that was a detailed review! Thanks for taking the time.

I was having a ball demoing the new material at the BBM booth. Fun to see people faces when you say it involves no sleights.

Ryan
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
I really enjoyed this DVD, so it was easy for me to write so much about it. For the price, I really cannot recommend this highly enough. It's nice to see material that is both fooling and simple to perform. Hats off to Ryan and the chaps at BBM, a great DVD!
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I got an email saying my order has shipped (even though I ordered a download). I am trying to find my download link. Anyone can help? Or is it yet to be available as a download?

I tried emailing Owen but no response yet.

And Stephen, great review, I am now even more excited Smile
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
Hi Ash2Arani,
I'm glad you enjoyed my review. I'm a real big fan of "principles", and enjoyed this DVD immensely. A few of Ryan's ideas have started to give me some great food for thought over the last few days! I've got a close-up competition for our local circle in September, and I think I'll be using something I've developed off the back of one of Ryan's effects!
Warmest Regards,
Stephen
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
The effect with the four of a kind is superb. I think it's called Fourshadowed?
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
253 Posts

Profile of ozman
Folks. The download will be available from 9am USA time today. So it will be live any second now.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Can't seem to access mine via my account...and I'm in the uk...
I've asked to be banned
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1032 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I Picked this up at Magic Live and was one of the best DVD's I picked up at the Show

Highly Recommended
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2122 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I picked this up from Ryan at Magic Live as well. While I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it yet, Ryan did perform 2 of the effects for me in the dealer room and fooled me with both! Very fair and clean routines. Looking forward to watching the whole thing and posting my thoughts!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
SebastianGER-HH
View Profile
New user
Hamburg / Germany
42 Posts

Profile of SebastianGER-HH
Can anyone already access the download from BBM? Or is it only me who can´t find it Smile
SebastianGER-HH
View Profile
New user
Hamburg / Germany
42 Posts

Profile of SebastianGER-HH
Quote:
On 2013-08-19 13:07, SebastianGER-HH wrote:
Can anyone already access the download from BBM? Or is it only me who can´t find it Smile

Just received the link via e-mail the minute I wrote my comment - so all fine now!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1151 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
9am USA time today

just sayin' that such a thing as USA time doesn't exist. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Eastern Time.

That is USA time as far as I'm concerned!

:bat:
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
253 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hey - another AWESOME review for this DVD just went up at Bicycle-Cards.co.uk - if you want to know a little more about the project, have a read... http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2013/08/1......-review/
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Watched this last night and there's some nice thinking in here

Most of the effects I started watching and thinking I know what's going on here only to have your initial thoughts pulled away from under you as the trick progresses. I don't think anything here is new or groundbreaking however when combined together and utilising under used principles I can see how they can fool and certainly had me stumped.

Definately recommended especially for the think a card effect and 1492
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
483 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Thank you MagicPhill. I think you said it perfectly I love taking old concepts and repurposing them. It is so much fun to see how far you can push an idea. And the beatiful part about 1492 is that it is so hands off and seems impossible to have any control.

Ryan
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Like what I previously mentioned, I am a fan of Ryan's work and had all of his downloads (including this and the Move Monkey episode in Reel magic). After watching this I could honestly say that I would remain as a fan. Did I got fooled by the effects? Oh yeah. Are the principles new? No. Nothing that I haven't seen before but it was cleverly hidden...either with the procedure or it's within another known principle. Again, it's devilishly clever.

The biggest question would be, are there setups being made (since a lot of SWEs are somewhat has a setup)? It's a mix. Without giving much away, there are some setup that can be done once before you step out of the house and it's done. It doesn't even have to be the first trick but you can go to it on a later time. Some has an obvious pre-trick setup like Simon Aronson's famous trick, but it only requires minimal amount of cards.

Overall, I would recommend this to those who are into these type of material. I would see myself doing more tricks here than what I learned in Rioboo's book due to practicality and ease of use.
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Hmmm...

Seems to me I am the only one who definetly is NOT satisfied with what he got. Here is why:

I purchased the download version. This comes NOT as a DVD (ISO image, which could be burned to DVD), but as a Quicktime movie (MOV). This means you have no menu to select chapters (i. e. single tricks), but you have to find them by scrolling through the movie. This made me grumble, but ok, the ads not always say what you really get. Such is life. On a side note: There is a nice thread in the MC about "Inexplicable" by Steve Shufton, where you can see where this can lead to. Smile

The video is personalized in a non acceptable way (for me at least). In the upper left corner of the video my name is constantly visible. This in itself is not the problem, but the size of this "copy protection" is. It should habe been half or a third of its size to be tolerable. Since the video is shot against a dark background, I find this really annoying.

This now is my main problem with this "DVD". I consider myself as an above average English speaker, but the video often makes it really hard for me to follow the explanation. This may not be of concern for English native speakers - which I am not. Other non-English potential buyers be aware: This is no fun to watch and hear. I very much love the clear and quite slowly spoken explanations of a Richard Sanders. The sometimes giddy way of teaching of a Jay Sankey is no problem. I can follow Gary Jones in his lecture in front of some British magic circle without any problems. But here you have the conversation of two English speaker talking to each other, not to the one who paid the money for the explanation. For me the spoken explanations are too fast and slurry. But this may be only me. Find out for yourself.

This does not mean the material on this "DVD" is of minor quality. If you are well capable of speaking (and hearing!) the English language, you probably will enjoy the video.

For me I will bury the file in the darkest corner of my harddisk, shuffle some bits and bytes onto it and stick a cross on top. Smile
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
The copy protection isn't new though. Vanishing Inc has this from the beginning. I had issues downloading some before using a download manager (I had intermitent connection issues back then) due to the nature of the file being converted for the watermark. Andy was supportive nevertheless. I had no issues with this one, so I have no complaints.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 03:02, olaf911 wrote:
I purchased the download version. This comes NOT as a DVD (ISO image, which could be burned to DVD),

I've purchased a LOT of downloads from various magic companies over the years and none of them have been an ISO image! This is probably due to the very large file size (average 4GB) of ISO files. This is the first time I've ever seen someone complain that they've not been able to download a ISO image of their download. I actually don't know of any company who offer ISO files for download!

I find it odd you spent so much time moaning about the format (and security) of the download that you glossed over the actual material. What did you think of the effects??

All I've learnt from your "review" is that you obviously have very little experience of purchasing downloads!

Iain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ryan Schlutz: Miracles Without Moves (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL