The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ryan Schlutz: Miracles Without Moves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 10:07, Iain Moran wrote:
I've purchased a LOT of downloads from various magic companies over the years and none of them have been an ISO image! This is probably due to the very large file size (average 4GB) of ISO files. This is the first time I've ever seen someone complain that they've not been able to download a ISO image of their download. I actually don't know of any company who offer ISO files for download!

I find it odd you spent so much time moaning about the format (and security) of the download that you glossed over the actual material. What did you think of the effects??

All I've learnt from your "review" is that you obviously have very little experience of purchasing downloads!

Iain.

I actually downloaded quite a few videos in the past. And you know what? None of them has been an ISO image - but I keep hoping. Smile
From a professional point of view (i. e. mine) it is absolutely no problem to offer DVDs as ISOs. It is a matter of bandwidth only, but at least in Germany this is no problem at all. Anyway, this was not my main concern, as you can see when you reread my posting. I only find it worth mentioning.
Same goes for the question of the copyright protection. I never mentioned security. Whether the download is encrypted or not does not concern me the least.
I explicitly do not want to review the quality of the tricks. This I'd like to leave to real experts. What I am complaining about is the quality of the explanations. Even if you choose to disagree. Smile
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 10:07, Iain Moran wrote:
I've purchased a LOT of downloads from various magic companies over the years and none of them have been an ISO image! This is probably due to the very large file size (average 4GB) of ISO files. This is the first time I've ever seen someone complain that they've not been able to download a ISO image of their download. I actually don't know of any company who offer ISO files for download!

I find it odd you spent so much time moaning about the format (and security) of the download that you glossed over the actual material. What did you think of the effects??

All I've learnt from your "review" is that you obviously have very little experience of purchasing downloads!

Iain.

I actually downloaded quite a few videos in the past. And you know what? None of them has been an ISO image - but I keep hoping. Smile
From a professional point of view (i. e. mine) it is absolutely no problem to offer DVDs as ISOs. It is a matter of bandwidth only, but at least in Germany this is no problem at all. Anyway, this was not my main concern, as you can see when you reread my posting. I only find it worth mentioning.
Same goes for the question of the copyright protection. I never mentioned security. Whether the download is encrypted or not does not concern me the least.
I explicitly do not want to review the quality of the tricks. This I'd like to leave to real experts. What I am complaining about is the quality of the explanations. Even if you choose to disagree. Smile
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Agaton!

Thanks man! Happy I still made your cut. Smile

Hope you get use out of the routines and entertain others!

Ryan
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi folks

ryan schlutz is this weeks (25-31 aug) GUEST OF HONOUR on the Café - so if you have questions for him, jump over to the section and post 'em! it's a great chance to pick his brains on all things magic related. Smile
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
This will be back in stock tomorrow at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections......edia-dvd

Magik1
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This looks really good! A couple questions:

1. Are there any effects here without gaffed cards?
2. Are there any effects here that can be done impromptu with a borrowed deck?

Thx,
KJ
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
KJ-

All 7 tricks use a regular deck. Now a couple routines need a one time work to your regular deck but it is only one time and a couple are 100% borrowed shuffle deck and lastly a couple would require a small set up a a few cards that would be very easy to get into on the fly.

Ryan
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
So 4 tricks can be done impromptu, mmm this is getting interesting Smile
By the way, I love your "Pivotal peek", what a tool !!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
These effects look terrific ! Congrats Ryan Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hey guys just wanted to let you know Vlad posted a detailed review that might clear up
some questions if there were any.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&4

Ryan
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
I got to say, I REALLY like the shuffled/ borrowed deck routines on here... You should always have a routine ready to go when you need it and something like "Methodical" is perfect for that. Heck, setting up Ryan's version of Shuffle Board takes about 2 seconds and it's DEVIOUS.

It's been said a lot in here and other sections of the forums but Knocked Subconscious is also insanely good. You can gimmick the deck, use the deck (or just leave it set up) and set it up whenever your ready. ALSO, depending on the audience you can switch gears and do something totally different as well (I can think of two or three routines that use a similar set up minus the gimmick BUT the gimmick doesn't get in the way of those routines)... If you even just add the principle at work here... You'll have a ton of fun.

There is a ton of great thinking within this DVD and a lot I'm going to apply to my own work.

Think of doing a small borrowed deck set like:
It Cuts Deep
Methodical
Degree's of Board-dom (Keep the prediction in your wallet... if you need help PM me)

You have a SOLID set that can be done with a totally regular deck of cards on the spot (Set-up for Board-Dom and go into the other routines "checking to see if everything is there" and BOOM) What's the best part? It's sleightless, you can focus on presenting, allows you to play with the audience member(s) AND it's all really fooling material. By the end, they will think you can sense playing cards identity, read their pulse and predict their future before you met them.

On second thought... Don't think about doing that set... I want to be the only one doing it!
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just got through the video and I must say, this is one of the best card DVDs out! Really powerful and fun routines. Very powerful and easy card magic.

He uses a few methods that he says are really old. I imagine they must be old because I had never heard of them until now and I am familiar with a LOT of methods.

Not just one really good effect, but several are just fantastic!

KJ
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Does this now come in DVD or just download?
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's been out in the DVD format from the get go.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
OK Cool Cameron, I saw people saying they were having a hard time with their download in the beginning, so I thought maybe that's how you have to get it. I was wondering if I should start with ultimatate self working card tricks before I move into Miricles. I want some good tricks to use while I am working on my slights.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I don't have Ultimate Self Working DVD, but I do have .miracles without Moves. It is. Very good, but does require some simple knowledge of sleights for some of the tricks (nothing difficult, but not entirely self working). There is nothing onMiracles that a beginner couldn't pick up quite quickly, but if you wanted something completely without any moves then this isn't it. That said, let me say again: it's really, really good - and all are fairly simple (mechanically) to do.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Thanks Terrible, I do have some skills so I guess this might be a good one for me. Everyone speaks highly of Ryan , and this DVD
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Thanks Terrible, I do have some skills so I guess this might be a good one for me. Everyone speaks highly of Ryan , and this DVD
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
No doubt, this is good. But to label it "Miracles without Moves" is a bit misleading. There are some "moves", thought not many. Maybe, "Miracles With Only Some Moves" but might have been an acceptable label.

Regards,
Mike
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Thanks guys for the remarks. And thanks Terrible for clearing things up.

Insight: I was thinking the DVD should of been called Miracles with Minute moves because as you guys said why it was not completely moveless those on the DVDs were breaks , cutting type of moves and NOT DL's, control or false shuffles. But I suppose any action you do with a deck is consider a move right? Smile

TCB: Thanks for the interest. I agree with what Terrible said. The "moves" on the DVD are very easy but some routines could be presentational demanding for someone very new to card magic. But the ultimate self working series are super simple as well and completely moveless.

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ryan Schlutz: Miracles Without Moves (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL