The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Homer Arcana's 'ESP ARCANA' - Review by Tony Razzano (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
A fellow by the name of Homer Arcana Smile has come out with a book titled ESP ARCANA subtitled TEN AMAZING EFFECTS FOR TEN ESP CARDS, and that’s just what it is…ten amazing effects with ten ESP cards. You don’t need the entire pack, just the ten cards. Two each of the standard symbols. These can truly be done anywhere, any time (with one exception, but more on that later).

This is a forty page soft cover book (not an ebook). I don’t know the name of the binding, though. Each chapter is one effect.
The idea is if you have ten ESP cards in your pocket, you have ten effects you can do just about anywhere at any time. Mentalism doesn’t get much better than this.

Chapter one is called “Reading ESP” and gives a very good method of doing readings with the cards. Easy to do and most laymen will find your readings interesting. These can be done in any venue, or on a street corner if you want.

Chapter two, “Apparently Nine”, can stand on its own or it can be a nice opening to a short set. A match of the spectator’s free selection is missing and ends up in the card box. Now just hold on, my faithful readers. I know it sounds like mental magic, but I use it as an opener that nicely sets up a couple more effects that seem like psychic effects or thought reading effects, as is your preference.

Chapter three is called “E-SPAAN”. Symbol cards are thoroughly mixed and placed back in the box. Performer asks spec to hold her hand over the box and think of the wavy lines. Spec is then asked to name a number between one and ten and by process of elimination, the spec gets to that number and it is the wavy lines.

Chapter four is called “Snappy Stop”. A spec chooses a symbol and traces the symbol on another spec’s forehead with her finger (second spec’s eyes are closed). The performer places the cards to the table, audibly, so the second spec can keep her eyes closed. She calls stop when her intuition tells her to and then opens her eyes and says what she thought was traced onto her forehead. The card stopped at is what she said. Very powerful!

What is chapter five, you ask? Well I will tell you. It is called “Five to Nine”. Ten symbols are shuffled. They’re very briefly spread and flashed in front of the eyes of two spectators and you tell them that even though they might not understand what they’re seeing, there may be a secret message. Have one spectator say stop when she feels the message coming to her. When she says stop, take that card out of the pack and put it face down on the table. Do the same for the second spectator. Turn her card over and both will match.

Chapter six through ten is what Homer calls “ the good stuff”. And it is. The first five chapters are very good and six through ten are even better.

Chapter six is called “ One thought two forgot” . The ten symbols are shuffled and they are spread face down. The spectator is asked to point to any two of the 10 cards in the spread. The rest of the cards are squared and placed back into the box out of view. The spectator is now asked to think of any one of the remaining symbols that were not chosen and concentrate on it. You are, in your most entertaining manner, able to reveal all three symbols. Now there is a chance that the spectator will choose the same symbol in the first two cards. Homer tells you how to deal with that. If you notice, this is more psychic or thought reading than the previous effects .

Chapter seven is called “ E Spell”. Yes, a spelling effect. But please read on. It’s a very good one and has a good story for it and has multiple outs. Don’t let any of this discourage you. This is a very good effect and with the story which you can embellish, and it can be anywhere from spooky to comedy. That’s all I’ll say about this particular one.

Chapter eight is called “ One Thought Three Wishes” . This is a more involved variation of the former effect called E-SPELL. This involves two spectators where one spells a symbol only in her mind and the other person shuffles and cuts the cards the bottom card matches the first spectators thought. Sometimes. There are two other possible outcomes almost as strong, And one will always work.

Chapter nine is called, “Nine Ball ESP”. Yes you are correct, you need a pool table for this. But let me tell you, this is a very strong effect. It is the one exception to the anytime anywhere statement I made above. But it’s worth knowing so if you’ve ever are in the situation where you can do this, I would jump at the chance. Really, it’s that good.

Chapter 10 is called “Symbolten”. There are several scenarios that can happen during the course of this routine. One example is that the spectator and the performer of the five different symbols. In order to make some eliminations, the spectator and the performer Each pick up card out of their hands and place it to the side face up (remember the cards are mixed) and they have both chosen the same symbol. The spectator is now asked to put a few more cards to the face down pile next to it. The last remaining card is turned over in this time the two remaining symbols match. Now The cards are dealt in a row matching up the remaining three cards That were earlier dealt face down. Stunningly, the display shows all sets match. This routine has several scenarios, so you don’t have to do the routine as described herein. You have several choices throughout as you go along.

The routines and the directions are well written, clear and thorough. You will have no trouble understanding these. Several of the routines require marked cards. Homer recommends Vernet. I recommend those by Mind Kontrol as they are in the upper left and lower right corners. It’s just my personal preference.

Some routines require you to cull a card. But hey, you the only have 10 cards! And if you would never have culled a card or you find it intimidating, Homer gives very clear instructions on how to do it. I have never culled a card before, but with only 10 cards and Homer’s instructions, it’s easy to do.

All of these routines are commercial and strong and not difficult to do. With the exception of the pool table routine, they are all anytime anywhere. ESP ARCANA has my highest recommendation. It’s really a gem. You can order it directly from Homer at http://www.ShopOfSecrets.com The cost is 50 USD plus shipping. By the way, if you friend Homer on face book, you will have tips and discussions along the way with him about these effects.

Oh,and for you older people, there is a cute reference Homer makes in the introduction. Most won’t get it, but for those of you who do, it should give you a chuckle
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Thanks for posting this, Thomas. Had received an email about this book, and was curious. Now I want to get my grubby hands on it. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
More from Tony R...

" H. Arcana's ESP ARCANA will increase to $65 and International shipping will increase by one dollar to $13, but US will remain at $6 and Canada will now be included as an only $6 shipping cost as opposed to having to pay for heavy overseas charges."
I've asked to be banned
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
This is an excellent, creative and thought-provoking compendium of effects with 10 ESP Cards. Some time ago I release an eBook/booklet of ideas with 5 ESP cards and Homer´s publication is surely an interesting read for those who have my publication, as well as other interested in simple and powerful Mentalism.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Homer Arcana's 'ESP ARCANA' - Review by Tony Razzano (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL