The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Guaranteed ticket sales for theaters » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1227 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Ben

Good luck in your endeavor, if its any help to you, count me in for a couple of tickets.

Mark
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
Look, I've rented out a total of halls and auditoriums before. I know a thing or two about this stuff. This specific theater
is a little bit high classier that anything I have ever done. They just said I could rent the theater of if I can guarantee a certain punt of tickets, I can use their theater. I didn't really know if there was a good method to achieve this.

Thanks.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20026 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well for the record nobody here knows you and we can only judge you by the questions you have asked. Your question seems fairly basic and if you have all the experience you now say you do I have no idea why you would ask it. If you have rented out theaters you should know how many tickets you can sell and if you can meet the guarantee.

I am sorry but selling tickets is selling tickets.sorry for any assumptions I personally made.

'
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
I'd prefer to have next to no one know me on here. I'm ok with that for now. I have a fairly basic question so I can get as many answers as possible.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20026 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Then don't be shocked when people assume that you don't know what you are doing.

You can't have it both ways. Nobody will take you seriously if they don't know who you are. If you don't have enough respect for the people you are asking for FREE INFORMATION to let them know who you are, then why would they help you?

I am done.

Again I am sorry for any assumptions I made about your experience level.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-08-09 11:54, Ben Pratt wrote:
I'd prefer to have next to no one know me on here. I'm ok with that for now.

This part I can help you with. Remove your website address from your avatar. This way it is less likely any of us will view your website or Facebook.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9764 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Several here have tried to help you which you don't seem to understand or be appreciative of. You're seeking info without offering any real information or insight, then when asked you get defensive.

You claim you have experience in this area, yet ask quite basic questions. Those trying to help you have a right to question this.

This pretty much seems like someone who only wants to take without offering, giving or sharing. It shouldn't be deleted just because you don't like the direction it's taken. Especially since that direction is a direct result of yourself.

88 posts in 9 years doesn't seem like someone who should have such expectations. Many here were genuinely interested in helping you.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Quote:
On 2013-08-09 10:14, Ben Pratt wrote:
Look, I've rented out a total of halls and auditoriums before. I know a thing or two about this stuff. This specific theater
is a little bit high classier that anything I have ever done. They just said I could rent the theater of if I can guarantee a certain punt of tickets, I can use their theater. I didn't really know if there was a good method to achieve this.

Thanks.

So why are you asking how to sell tickets. If you've four-walled venues before you know the drill and how to sell tickets and you should be teaching us.

Just because this particular theater is "classier" doesn't mean your target ticket buyers don't buy tickets the same way the "less classier" ticket buyers do.

Here's one tip that really shows how serious you are about this: The title page on your homepage still says "My blog |Just another Wordpress blog..."

The point is, you ask a question that is so specific and detailed and without knowing a lot more info and based on the info we do know (your website, FB page) it appears you need some help.

Some were kind enough to offer help, but you seem unwilling to accept it stating "I've rented out a total of halls and auditoriums before. I know a thing or two about this stuff."

Fine, do it yourself and good luck.

Josh
Josh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Guaranteed ticket sales for theaters » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL