The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any reviews on Art of Winning by Henry Evans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magringo
View Profile
Special user
Sad that all I have is a scant
573 Posts

Profile of magringo
Hi all -- saw this on Elmwood Magic and it looks great...anyone post any reviews on this? Many thanks
Danny
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I, personally, have grown a little tired of the way too many you-pick-a-card-and-I-predicted-it genre, whether it be an ACAAN, a CAAN, an Open Prediction or any variation. There have been some really good ones like X-Act, some really lame ones like NUM83R5 and Only Think 2.0, and some so-so ones like Inexplicable. Most of them hardly qualify as a good magazine contribution. This is another entry into the genre. It is not ground-breaking, in fact, the actual prediction method has been done before. What elevates it slightly is the two-part prediction done before revealing the perfect match. That adds a bit of mystery for magicians, but for real audiences, it adds nothing; they will be baffled by the final revelation and probably forget the preliminary predictions.

The only thing that distinguishes this from all the others mentioned is that rather than having a deck dealt face up or face down onto the table, in order to select a card, in this case the deck is spread face up and the spectator simply NAMES any card he chooses. Again, I'm not sure that distinction will make much difference to laymen, but it does add mystery for magicians.

The gimmick is very well made and very deceptive. I don't think it's made of real currency, but it sure looks real....like a U.S. five dollar bill. I doubt that it will even be suspected by real audiences. One minor drawback is that in order to do the effect as on the demo, you will find yourself carrying yet another special deck.

I think the retail on this is $50+. That seems VERY expensive for what you get, especially for repro currency. If it were real bills that would account for at least ten dollars of the expense.

To sum it up, I, personally, would say save your money. But, that's just one man's opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any reviews on Art of Winning by Henry Evans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL