We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Coffin escape from a plane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"Martin, who began teaching himself to pick locks at age 6..."

And who kilt a bar when he was only three! Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
kilt a bar

explain please

The footage was shown on several TV stations last night in Australia. One said he was an escape artist and the other channel said he was a stuntman. both articles gave me the opinion that the TV channels got, copied or borrowed the footage without reseaching what it was about. One channel names his as Anthony Martin and the other just "a stuntman" All said coffin but it looked like a box. (I like coffin shapes)

unless there is context to an escape it makes it 'just eye candy" or "shiny object' to grab glancing attention.

I hope we get to see the whole setup in some TV special.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Ian, "kilt a bar" is Southern slang for "killed a bear." It's a joke in the South about how people here tend do things at a very young age. This "stuntman" is NOT from the South, but the joke ties in to his supposedly learning to pick locks at age 6. He was probably driving a car by 4!!

I'd be interested in seeing more about this as well. What I saw, which was shown live on several cable news channels here in the States, did NOT impress me at all. I may be missing something, but I'm still looking for whatever that might be.

Mark.

PS - I didn't see anything resembling a coffin either. Just a box with rollers on it!!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi mrunge, thanks for the info. I kind of get it but as I wish to be PC because so many get offended by simple things, I won't add an example that I would consider something similar to show I might be on the right track. I think Anthony is from the north east side. (don't know what is familar to that place)

Coffin shaped boxes do look so much better. I didn't record it but did he have his name written on the side, that would have helped if publicity was his aim.
(PS wish I had hair like that, I once did)
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Regarding the hair, Ian, mine was like that once too. Perhaps we should privately share pictures!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mick, when I saw mrunge's picture, I thought 1970's pic, Miller shirt?, taken back in the days when my hair made me look like a walking gum tree, I even saw a bird left it once. Arrrr, those were the days.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
HAH!! You BOTH are onto something. That picture is from 1984 and I wish I still had hair like that as well!!! I was challenged some time ago to put it on here, so I did. I really need to change it.

As for his name on the box, yes, there was a website address (anthony2.com) painted on the side of it.

Now...wonder what picture I can come up with. It needs to be as politically INcorrect as possible. I can't stand that stuff!!! Smile

Mark.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Coffin escape from a plane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL