The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CoinCidence... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Does anybody know, where I can order the YEN currency version !

I think this four coins look very interesting
( big sizes, all different in color and shapes > one with a hole)

I' m afraid there will never be a swiss currency version

Magic Chris
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
If you have coins that are similar in shape and size you could probably adapt this to work. Don't want to say anymore on the public forum. I am sure you could order the Yen version directly from Kries http://www.kreis-magic.com/product/list_en.htm#mpp

While on the site I noticed Kries has a new version of Micro Psychic coming out. Looks like a larger bolt but the nut can spin both ways.

John
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
This is a neat little effect. I'm not fond of the prep which must be done before each use but it won't be bad if I can find a supplier...
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
Shadow, I knew there was a catch. Can you elaborate with a little more in depth review?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Prep is pretty minimal, not sure what you mean by a supplier?
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
Apparently there is some material you need to use to so the prework set up? Is the material hard to come by? Is it expensive and do you need a lot of it? C'mon guys, a real review please ?!?!? Not every popular seller is a great trick when you get them home and find out what you need going forward !!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Robfind, have stated prep is minimal after the initial setup, they give you extra material as back up. Trick and method is very cool but as I stated above doubtful anyone will use this beyond a formal presentation or for friends casually. I love clever tricks with novel methods so am very happy with it, if you are looking for something to do for walkaround or repeated performances than probably not the best choice. Does that help?

John
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi, I bought this last week so I would like to share this with you.The effect is exactly as shown, everytime you perform it you will have a different outcome and there are no outs. The effect is 100% self working and very easy to do.
A few points to consider, this isn't a strolling trick and doesn't reset, you can't just pull this out of your pocket and go, so for strolling magicians look elsewhere. The plus side, the effect looks impossible and used in the right place it is a very strong piece of mentalism. The coins are pretty much stuck down, well enough so the spectator can casually try to dislodge them, the coins can be borrowed and there are no outs whatsoever. You do need another gimmick which is supplied, while this works brilliantly one or two people may find using it a little inconvenient, as I did, so I came up with a way to eliminate it and made up another gimmick which for me works a dream, and no prior set up is now needed.

Was it worth purchasing, definitely, the effect looks impossible to the audience, the method is very clever and with a little thought even one of the gimmicks which for me was a little inconvenient can be adapted to make it always ready to go. (Those of you who have this please email proof of purchase and I will explain my gimmick, gary@garyjonesmagic.com )

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
Gary, A much better review. Thanks. One question, do you need to keep buying stuff to keep performing this? Kind of like a refill thing? Tricks like that get expensive. If we need to do that, how much is the refill? Need to know this before I take the plunge. I'm not cray about refill tricks.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 12:21, robfind wrote:
Gary, A much better review. Thanks. One question, do you need to keep buying stuff to keep performing this? Kind of like a refill thing? Tricks like that get expensive. If we need to do that, how much is the refill? Need to know this before I take the plunge. I'm not cray about refill tricks.

The only thing you need to replace is something you probably already have at home, but if you have to buy some it would cost you pennies and you can buy it in just about any stationary shop, or most shops come to that! You won't need to replace this all that often either so it will probably cost about £1 for a lifetime's supply!

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thanks again Gary for your comments and comprehensive review.

Nathan

On 2013-08-25 14:02, gjmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 12:21, robfind wrote:

The only thing you need to replace is something you probably already have at home, but if you have to buy some it would cost you pennies and you can buy it in just about any stationary shop, or most shops come to that! You won't need to replace this all that often either so it will probably cost about £1 for a lifetime's supply!

Gary.
[/quote]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
...guess it sounds better when Gary says it... kidding, thanks Gary and I agree with your points. Would love to hear about your alternative set up, will send a PM.

Cheers,

John
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
Thank you Gary. When I take the plunge I will PM you to get your new way of doing the dirty work.
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Here's a presentation from Chris Ballinger:

Click here

:spinningcoin:

Magic Chris
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Has anyone experienced trouble with the gaff working properly. I have two sets and I found that the thickness of the nickel prevents the proper working. I sanded the nickel down and it works as it should. I have to assume that I am not the only one to experience this.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I also experienced some difficulty with the nickel, will try your solution, thanks.

John
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
Yes, a thumbs-down from me as well. This thing works about 20% of the time... I'm guessing it's the nickel problem (depending on where the nickel is requested to be moved). So you're actually sanding a nickel to get this to work? I don't see myself having that done, so I'll have to send this back. Too bad, I really like the idea... too bad the execution is so flawed.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
The thickness of the nickel can be easily worked around. Slide the nickel into position with your index finger and let your gimmicked middle finger rest in front of the nickel as you move it. This way the thickness of the nickel is irrelevant and no longer causes a problem.
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
Quote:
On 2013-09-17 11:19, sabitu wrote:
The thickness of the nickel can be easily worked around. Slide the nickel into position with your index finger and let your gimmicked middle finger rest in front of the nickel as you move it. This way the thickness of the nickel is irrelevant and no longer causes a problem.

That's been tested. If all other coins but the interior nickel are removed it still cannot make the trip to the ending position 80% of the time.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I had problems but remade this with english currency and it works perfectly. Without giving too much away, don't use coins, use s**lls instead.

best,
Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CoinCidence... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL