The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CoinCidence... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 05:52, gjmagic wrote:
Hi, I bought this last week so I would like to share this with you.The effect is exactly as shown, everytime you perform it you will have a different outcome and there are no outs. The effect is 100% self working and very easy to do.
A few points to consider, this isn't a strolling trick and doesn't reset, you can't just pull this out of your pocket and go, so for strolling magicians look elsewhere. The plus side, the effect looks impossible and used in the right place it is a very strong piece of mentalism. The coins are pretty much stuck down, well enough so the spectator can casually try to dislodge them, the coins can be borrowed and there are no outs whatsoever. You do need another gimmick which is supplied, while this works brilliantly one or two people may find using it a little inconvenient, as I did, so I came up with a way to eliminate it and made up another gimmick which for me works a dream, and no prior set up is now needed.

Was it worth purchasing, definitely, the effect looks impossible to the audience, the method is very clever and with a little thought even one of the gimmicks which for me was a little inconvenient can be adapted to make it always ready to go. (Those of you who have this please email proof of purchase and I will explain my gimmick, gary@garyjonesmagic.com )

Gary Jones.

Has Gary got back to anybody that contacted him about his idea for the gimmick used? I understand he is busy, though I emailed him Sept. 16th about his idea and he never got back to me? If he did get back to anyone with his idea can you please PM me?

Thanks!
RNK
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
Not yet, asked him about the nickel problem.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
Does anyone have a way to make this work??? I mean that works 100% with NO problems?
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2013-10-03 13:10, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 05:52, gjmagic wrote:
Hi, I bought this last week so I would like to share this with you.The effect is exactly as shown, everytime you perform it you will have a different outcome and there are no outs. The effect is 100% self working and very easy to do.
A few points to consider, this isn't a strolling trick and doesn't reset, you can't just pull this out of your pocket and go, so for strolling magicians look elsewhere. The plus side, the effect looks impossible and used in the right place it is a very strong piece of mentalism. The coins are pretty much stuck down, well enough so the spectator can casually try to dislodge them, the coins can be borrowed and there are no outs whatsoever. You do need another gimmick which is supplied, while this works brilliantly one or two people may find using it a little inconvenient, as I did, so I came up with a way to eliminate it and made up another gimmick which for me works a dream, and no prior set up is now needed.

Was it worth purchasing, definitely, the effect looks impossible to the audience, the method is very clever and with a little thought even one of the gimmicks which for me was a little inconvenient can be adapted to make it always ready to go. (Those of you who have this please email proof of purchase and I will explain my gimmick, gary@garyjonesmagic.com )

Gary Jones.

Has Gary got back to anybody that contacted him about his idea for the gimmick used? I understand he is busy, though I emailed him Sept. 16th about his idea and he never got back to me? If he did get back to anyone with his idea can you please PM me?

Thanks!
RNK

Whoops sorry RNK! I have contacted/replied to quite a number of emails but some have obviously slipped through the net so please accept my apologies my friend. If I just say here that I push the coins into position with the eraser end of a pencil would this make sense ;-)

If you want to resend me your email if the above doesn't make sense I will get straight back to you, just to let you know though I am back on the road from Tue to the following Sun!

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
58 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
The factor that no-one has yet announced is the "announcement" of the travelling coin(s). I have coinCidence & it is a Great trick! Yes, the coins do perfectly align themselves with the spectator's uncanny ability (or the amazing precognitive capacity of the mind-reader) to connect the coins on the 'table-top to the PREDICTED coins below, but there is a noise factor that I'm surprised about; namely that (as far as I have read) how can the sliding action on the coins get past the spectator's hearing level; unless the person's high-range has been damaged by too much heavy-metal listening (pun intended for those in the know). But in my little corner of the world . . . give the spectator some ear-plugs before you slide the coin choices into their freely chosen positions, and then we can say that it's truly a MIRACLE MIND BENDER! I do hope that helps and I think there are ways around it, but as Johnny Mathis sings; "It's not for me to say . . ." but pm me, if you like and I'll sing the rest of the tune on the way to handle what I consider the weak point of an otherwise really impressive and well-made ESP style presentation.
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1257 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
EZ, just have patter to say while sliding the coins.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Wayne Dobson's "Taking Notes" is just as impressive to me and uses ungaffed currency, albeit not coins. It always works.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of robfind
I did a lot of updating to make this effect a killer effect. PM me if interested.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CoinCidence... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL