We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Let talk about escapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Cliff, where is this to be performed? as it will dictate what can go thru your tunnel.

I like the idea of a wrecking ball swinging (pendulum) or set swinging in a circle and the time it takes to rotate to the center point is how long you have to get out.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I will let you know more deatials when I get the "powers that be" to take the bait I've left on the hook. It may take some persuasion on my part, but I like where this may lead so I will be pushing for it. Yes, there will be a timed aspect to the escape.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Cliff, I fell into your trap. I thought you needed this place to be for 'talking about escape"
I was expecting you to use this place to set the wheels in motion and then stop becaus of some 'power that be' what ever that means?
G Bush said, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
No trap Ian,

I wanted to talk about escapes and I meant it. I am simply holding back while I wait for permission to perform what I am planning. The powers tha be are simply the directors for the event site I have chosen. If they don't respond to my e-mails I will persue other avenues.

Sorry you felt this was a trap... Those who know me well, can tell you that other than when I am on stage, I am one of the most honest and straight forwared people you will ever meet.

What I am trying to avoid by my current evasiveness is having my idea usurped by someone with more connections and better publicity machinery. There are many. Once I have something secure, I will gladly reveal all.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Btw I love "the Who" and will admit to having a huge laugh when Mr. Bush originally committed his error.
Magic is like Science,
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Quote:
On 2013-08-09 21:20, Ian McColl wrote:
Thanks for the explaination, for some reason I had the escape (what binds you) in my head and not the setup for the escape. So it sounds something workable, is there anything you need to work on?

The one thing I am not yet sure off, is this. If there is paper between me and the oncoming, then they can't see me, and I can't see them. I can hear them, but I want to make the escape last second kind of deal. How to know when that last second is? One suggesting is have the paper be a one way mirror. Great idea, but I think that will be hard for the oncoming to burst through easily. This is my last puzzler on the matter.
Magic is like Science,
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
If you had paper covering the whole structure, and did the escape at night, you could have a big floodlight behind, casting your shadow on the paper.

The audience could see your every move, but not be aware of any "funny business" that helps you escape. Also, whatever comes into the tunnel would look impressive in shadow, and if you wanted an illusion ending, you could jump onto the "vehicle" and exit the tunnel behind it. That would leave an empty tunnel and you appearing somewhere else.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
One way mirror does not have to be expensive or hard to break through.

You would need to run tests but.....

You can get 'one way' window lining that comes on a roll. For added strength you could possibly apply it to some sort of film or even thin plexiglass. This maybe a 'safe' option.

Just my thoughts .....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Let talk about escapes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL