The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fat Brothers 2 DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I did a Google search and only found an old thread in "Workers" asking when this would be out.

I notice this "Fat Brothers Volume 2" DVD is available as part of Penguin's 5 for $99, which, considering it retails for $60, is a good deal. But I've seen no reviews. Does anyone have this and can speak to its value for those of us who have other recent work by its various creators?
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
446 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I went looking for reviews of this as well and for the same reasons. I found a review at My Lovely Assistant that was pretty informative.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
534 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I was in the same boat as you bugjack, yesterday's email from Penguin Magic and the new selection piqued my interest. From the orange selection I knew I wanted Jack Carpenter's All In and was pretty sure I wanted the Fat Brothers Vol. 2 as well but I couldn't really find anything on it except what you stated. Since I already have Dani DaOrtiz's Penguin Lecture and Utopia DVDs I instead went for Calen Morelli's Function (9) because of the reviews. What initially made me gravitate toward Fat Brothers was the card sections and since a lot of the effects were triumph type tricks I decided to hold off, esp. since I didn't see enough reviews. If you get it let us know what you think.

Also if you don't mind, what else are you thinking of getting? Besides the two DVD sets I also picked lectures for Daniel Garcia, Pete Turner and Devin Knight. A whole lot of magic for $99!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks -- I hadn't seen that review, and it was helpful.

I was thinking of getting the Peter Turner lecture, X-Act, maybe Cello, and perhaps another lecture or two.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1147 Posts

Profile of Salby
I just placed an order for the following 5 items:

===========
1. Metamorphosis Pro Version - $39.95
2. Flash by Chad Long DVD + Gimmick - $35.00
3. Gregory Wilson LIVE: Saturday April 21st @7:00pm Eastern Penguin LIVE - $29.95
4. Fat Brothers 2 by Dani DaOrtiz, Christian Engblom and Miguel Angel Gea 2 DVD Set - $60.00
5. Slide by De'Mon and Titanas - $55.00
============

I saved a whole lot!!! (Is Penguin losing money???)
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
446 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
The product that jumped out at me was Dan Harlan's Speakeasy. I imagine most people would have no interest in this type of effect, but for those that have an interest and balked at the price, here is your chance. I am sorely tempted. Otherwise, it is time to dive into the Penguin lectures. I am considering:

Charlie Frye
Mark Mason
Looch
Harlan 2
Devin Knight
Danny Garcia
DaOrtiz

That's a lot of bang for the buck.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
534 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Yeah, the SpeakEasy caught my attention as well. Maybe that and Fat Brothers 2 will be part of my new purchase, haha.

I'm currently watching the DaOrtiz lecture and the theory and reasoning behind his actions are great, loving it so far.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Good DVD but way over priced. Guess it keeps the riff raff out.

Greig
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2013-10-16 05:03, greig ewen wrote:
Good DVD but way over priced. Guess it keeps the riff raff out.

Greig

Well... One could argue with that... DaOrtiz open triumph is sold separately as 11.95$ Its included in the DVD's...
Engblom hook up for double haunted deck preceeds all the kinetic's and other british wanna be versions that have come to marked in the last 2 years or so in pretty much one trick dvd's for 35$. And it is better... Its also included in the DVD...
Also Engbloms handling of "Cheeky triumph" is great for anyone who owns cheek to cheek deck. His handling is just better than anything else out there.
And there was some nice other routines as well and great rare performances.

If I had minor complain about the set it would be that its really 1 DVD, divided to 2 DVD. The lenght should easily fit to one single DVD.

Juha-Matti
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fat Brothers 2 DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL