The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Magic Bistro (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Roger
Not all of us enjoyed your naval gazing. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 08:06, Mindpro wrote:
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I would think those interested in joining a magic forum do so to talk about magic. But I guess not.
Maybe there's a political and religious forum somewhere where they talk about double lifts, linking rings and doves.

I agree with Mindpro. No offense, but if I want to discuss politics or religion with someone why would I limit my pool of people to those who also do magic? I didn't mind that it was offered, I just never saw the point.

I am surprised nobody really mentioned the point that the layout looked less inviting than TMC. I suppose it might have been viewed as favorable (less flashy) by some, but I prefer the layout here.

I really enjoyed the podcasts. I have to agree with James that they did not provide as much discussion as they could have. It was one area of the Bistro that was a significant advantage over other forums.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The pod cast was the Bistro's best feature, and I really enjoyed the interviews.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The quality of the podcasts went seriously downhill at the end. He even interviewed Irish men. But they started well. It would be great to have an archive of them.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-08-30 14:51, TonyB2009 wrote:
The quality of the podcasts went seriously downhill at the end. He even interviewed Irish men. But they started well. It would be great to have an archive of them.

Good point Tony....and well said four times. I believe I was the first and you were the last. The Alpha and the Omega!!!!(OH dear....now some will think I am being religious!!) JR
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok I am constantly shocked how my name comes up when I am nowhere near a subject.

I have to say I didn't join out of no other reasoning than time. No time.

I can't imagine how James would have the time to run it either. He gives away more shows than many do themselves.

My problem with most sites is they are dedicated to shows I simply don't do. Talking business or tricks that would do me no good anyhow. I also know nothing about kids shows, birthday parties or how to get them. I would have been less than useless.

I must say it is not fair to James to go in expecting anything. It is what it is and you should get out of it what you put into it. It should not be up to James to enhance your experience. Do it yourself. He put the site up. If you don't like the discussions don't read them. It is simple.

As for Mark he can't be here so I have nothing to say about it.

But it is unfair to try to compare it to other places. Often when another site comes up the disenchanted from other places use it as a platform. Again not fair to James.

I think he should take a step back from it. Look at it and so should everyone. Nobody is entitled to it. It is up to you to make of it what it can be if he decides to do it again.

Now stop using my name.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Who is this MJE guy? He seems to know me, but I can't figure out who he is.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 22:36, Dannydoyle wrote:
Now stop using my name.

Your name is being used in high esteem….and you love it! How else would you explain the 14,300+ times you have used your name on this site?
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes see the pronoun? Using my own name vs someone just bringing it up?

But I was more joking than anything.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mfields
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of mfields
Well I was not that active on that forum, nor on this forum. I actually run a forum on radio controlled sailboats and I take my hat off to James or anyone who tries run a forum as no matter how hard you try, its always a flurry of spam, robot postings and the occasional explosive debate that can leave people hurt.

If the forum is dead, please, PLEASE bring back the podcasts James. I have personally had great enjoyment and benefit from them. I admit I did not ask questions after listening either. Mostly I did not need to ask as they were self contained. I have no idea on your download figures but I thought they were great. You and your guests have driven a lot of miles in my car and really loved your input.

So James I hope I am not the only to say "Thank You" for your effort.
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Sorry to come into this discussion so late, but I just found out that The Bistro has lost its place on the internet. I'm not surprised, though, particularly when the initial start of that forum was founded on underhanded dealings with other magic forums. Rather like a pack of thieves, they descended and attempted to harvest members from already founded forums. And like thieves, amongst themselves there is no honor (which explains why the barefoot guy, the jollies guy and mutton chops found themselves at odds...People who are less than honorable rarely are able to get along with each other because of the constant back stabbing that will naturally take place). In other words, the fall of The Bistro comes as no shock to me. In fact, I find it to be the logical conclusion.

Of course, when you throw in Louis you have the makings of a place that even the lowest form of amoeba refuses to associate itself.

Smile

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2014, Michael Jay wrote:
And like thieves, amongst themselves there is no honor (which explains why the barefoot guy, the jollies guy and mutton chops found themselves at odds...People who are less than honorable rarely are able to get along with each other

IMHO the people you mentioned are some of the most honorable people I’ve ever known. And you call them thieves? What are they stealing, the opportunity to share knowledge, information and experience with their fellow entertainers…for free?
www.KenNorthridge.com
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
I chose my words very carefully. I did not call them thieves, I said "like thieves." I do not doubt their intentions, but I find their methods to be deplorable. In other words, the end does not justify the means. The Bistro was founded by underhanded means. You may call that honorable if you please, but I think it's a matter of letting your friendship or admiration cloud your judgment.

Mike.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

I appreciate your response, Jay, but I still don’t know what you mean by ‘underhanded.’ It was formed as an alternative place to discuss magic without the usual moderation polices of the other forums. I found it refreshing to be able to express my opinions without fear of the moderators changing my words or being banned for my honesty. For the record, I love The Magic Café and have never criticized it. The Magic Bistro was a different place, that’s all.
www.KenNorthridge.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
This is rich; the kettle calling the pot black. I left the Magicbunny forum because of Michael Jay's moderation. It was full of arrogant posters, and you ran the risk of being banned without appeal for posting something that offended the slightly right-wing christian ethos of the place.

I found the Bistro to be an entertaining forum, and the guys on it were capable of vigorous discussion without falling out. That didn't happen on the Magicbunny. And I found James Munton to be completely sound.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2014, Michael Jay wrote:
I chose my words very carefully. I did not call them thieves, I said "like thieves." I do not doubt their intentions, but I find their methods to be deplorable. In other words, the end does not justify the means. The Bistro was founded by underhanded means. You may call that honorable if you please, but I think it's a matter of letting your friendship or admiration cloud your judgment.

Mike.

I think Michael Jay has no idea what he is talking about. With great respect, I think Michael Jay's problem might be Michael Jay, and I suggest therapy! JR
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Quote:
Tony wrote:
I found the Bistro to be an entertaining forum, and the guys on it were capable of vigorous discussion without falling out. That didn't happen on the Magicbunny.

And yet The Bistro closed down while Magic Bunny is still going strong. Go figure. You also suggest that members run the risk of being banned without appeal. You are either terribly misguided or a blatant liar. Were you banned? No, you never were. And to my knowledge you never even received so much as a warning for anything, at any time. Interesting that you'd make such a claim.

Quote:
Jolly Roger wrote:
I think Michael Jay has no idea what he is talking about.

You could reasonably get away with making that false accusation if it weren't for the fact that the threads proving my claim are still on Magic Bunny. Why would we not simply delete them? Because we don't have a history of deleting people's posts. In fact, early on in one of the threads, before it was found that jiggery-pokery was afoot, I wished you folks at The Bistro well and fully allowed you to advertise it on my site. It was your own dirty dealing that got you shut down on Magic Bunny.

Mike.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:

You could reasonably get away with making that false accusation if it weren't for the fact that the threads proving my claim are still on Magic Bunny. Why would we not simply delete them? Because we don't have a history of deleting people's posts. In fact, early on in one of the threads, before it was found that jiggery-pokery was afoot, I wished you folks at The Bistro well and fully allowed you to advertise it on my site. It was your own dirty dealing that got you shut down on Magic Bunny.

Mike.

If one is not a member of the Magic Bunny, or if one has been banned, how is one able to view this so-called proof, so that one can possibly express an alternative perspective? I do appreciate your interest in this matter, Michael, and I am hopeful we can all find the real truth about the accusations that are being made. Jolly good, and many thanks for your interest. JR
Smile Smile
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
One should have considered that problem before one got oneself banned. Presently, you are the one making the accusations with no proof, I am merely defending my position with full proof of where I speak. If anyone is interested in researching this silly argument, then they are fully capable of taking out a membership with my site and looking it up. Not difficult to do and not a secret. And certainly not rocket science.

Mike.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, Michael Jay wrote:
You also suggest that members run the risk of being banned without appeal. You are either terribly misguided or a blatant liar. Were you banned? No, you never were. And to my knowledge you never even received so much as a warning for anything, at any time. Interesting that you'd make such a claim.

I was banned, for daring to make the suggestion that someone's silly 'religious' experience could have a natural explanation. I got a week long ban with no warning, no explanation (until I insisted on one) and no appeal. Go check your facts before coming on here accusing people in the wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Magic Bistro (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL