The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New Android Sound Control System - Best Boy Sound Control (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, ventman wrote:
I love the Best Boy. It's working great. However, I received the IJet for Samsung/android, but it doesn't work. I think it's defective as none of the lights turn on. The company had me send a pic of it all connected. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your help, Bill. I appreciate it.

Did you buy the wrong one? You state you received the IJet, "I" means it is for IPhones, etc.

The Android model is just "Jet".

http://www.buyijet.com/jet-nav-black-android.html
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Good thought, Bill, but I received the correct one. It didn't work. It looked all banged up. None of the led's worked, the charge through feature didn't work. I followed the directions, but still nothing. I sent a picture to them as they requested, but never heard back from them. They sent the wrong controller first (an ipod one), then sent the one for android that didn't work. I've sent both back now as of today hoping to at least get a refund. I'm very disappointed. Oh well, live an learn. If something sounds too good to be true...
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
I did get a refund btw.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sounds like Ijet operation is a very small company. The way gothike talks them up, makes them sound like a really good company, but to not care to send a working remote, and have a satisfied customer is very non-business like for a company to show how reputable they are in many ways.

I thought it was against the law to send refurbished equipment to customers as new. They are supposed to clearly state it was a used and/or refurbished unit. Clearly from ventman's posts this was not refurbished and sounds like it was battered pretty good.

I was going to order one this month, thanks for the posts ventman, looks like the PowerPoint remotes are safest solution thus far recommended by Jeff Haas earlier in this topic.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Ventman & Bill Hegbil,

Sounds like user error. The Best Boy android app requires that remote control buttons be programmed.

"Start the app, click Settings, scroll to the bottom and tap "Program Keys". This lets you pick a command in the app and then press a button on the remote to assign that button to the command".

Then certain Android Hardware tablets are having issues with the remote controls and HID usb devices. They just don't work together.

Ijet is the #1 selling iphone/ipad remote controls period but they are a small company. They are the best that you can get for less than $30.00 dollars. Griffin Technologies, Scorche, Maxwell and other manufactures left that market.

Many companies just don't send a new product because the user said it doesn't work. A simple common sense troubleshoot like changing the $2.00 battery, re-syncing the remote to the receiver, connecting the receiver to a PC or Mac to see if it runs powerpoint, itunes, etc.

Now about the refurbished remote that was sent, they might have quality control issues.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Anyone find a remote control that works 100% with an Android Tablet and Best Boy Sound Control yet, besides a PowerPoint R400 Presenter Remote Control.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Bump to see if anyone has a successful remote for this? I might pick up a bluetooth one just because I do not have shows where I need a huge range.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
I can't seem to access http://www.buyijet.com and they haven't answered my email which I sent a week ago. Maybe the company is down?
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
This is an extract of the mail I sent them:

"I am able to work the iJet USB Wireless Remote Media Controller with the remote at times but often I am not able to operate my android phone with it. The iJet USB Wireless Remote Media Controller does show a green light when the android responds and I am noticing that the remote works more often when I press down on the keys pretty hard. The strange thing is that the red light on the remote does light up often (but not always) even with a light touch of the keys but this is not transmitted to the iJet USB Wireless Remote Media Controller. Also I'm noticing that some keys on the remote light the red light more consistently than others."

I bought mine a while back and couldn't get the system to work consistently with my Nexus 5 phone and the Best Boy app. I guess I should have contacted them earlier to get a new unit...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ihmemies, your other music players on your phone may be the problem. If you can disable them so only Best Boy is the music app, then you may have better luck. I have an Android tablet, and apps really never shut down when you go back to home page. Also plug in your remote, and shut down your phone, so it will be recognized during boot up. That is how the Android system is designed, shutting down and re-initializing re-sets the operating system. I notice that my tablet is constantly updating my apps, even when I have never used them, this slows down the tablet that uses Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet. Are you using a USB On-The-Go, Standard USB to mini USB port. If it has trouble communicating, then your USB reducer, may not be On-The-Go compatible. It is hard to tell sometimes, as not all cables are marked as On-The-Go cables. Just some suggestions to get you up and running.

Is this the one you purchased: http://www.buyijet.com/android-remotes.html

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just went to http://www.buyijet.com they are up and running, looks like they updated the website so it is not so confusing. Much more streamlined in design and getting around, less hunting.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
So I bit a bullet and bought myself a little remote with a USB 2 go for my android. I picked up this guy (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV2ZYMA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02) as well as this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GM0OZ4O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01) which is a 2 pack so if I break one or loose one. I have tried it preliminary with my android and so far it seems to work pretty well. I have been quite a distance away and it has worked from my pocket. I am very excited to try this out and to see how well it works in real time!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Bill Hegbli, Sorry for getting back to this post a little late. No, the problem is clearly in the ijet system, I tried my phone, my tablet, did everything I could. The receiver will not receive the signal from the remote 80% of the time.
the remote I have is this
http://www.buyijet.com/replacement-remote-198.html
And the receiver is this
http://www.buyijet.com/ijet-usb-wireless......ler.html
I can manage the bestboy app at times, but mostly the signal will no get through

The real problem though is the terrible customer support at buyijet.com
I filled in a new form at the website and managed to restart the conversation. Apparently they have a 30 day warranty, which is pretty darn short, and the conversation ended short on their part. They are not answering my emails any more regarding the problems with the system....

I guess I will have to start looking at presentation pens etc next as buyijet does not seem like the correct place to continue working with
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
The iJet remote in conjunction with Best Boy *does* work. Can confirm.
CyberMage
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of CyberMage
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2015, T. Durden wrote:

How do the buttons on the Jet remote work for you? Are they responsive?

I had an iJet remote that I used with my iPod for awhile, but the buttons on the remote were unreliable and I often had to press a button twice to get the track to play.

I don't want to have to do the same thing with with this Jet remote.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2015, Ihmemies wrote:
Bill Hegbli, Sorry for getting back to this post a little late. No, the problem is clearly in the ijet system, I tried my phone, my tablet, did everything I could. The receiver will not receive the signal from the remote 80% of the time.
And the receiver is this
I can manage the bestboy app at times, but mostly the signal will no get through

I filled in a new form at the website and managed to restart the conversation. Apparently they have a 30 day warranty, which is pretty darn short, and the conversation ended short on their part. They are not answering my emails any more regarding the problems with the system....

I guess I will have to start looking at presentation pens etc next as buyijet does not seem like the correct place to continue working with

Thank you for your response, appreciate you coming back and answering.

As I see it, you purchased the totally wrong remote and receiver, nowhere does it say on those pages you referenced, does it say they are compatible with an Android operating system.

The "I stands for the relationship to Apple/Mac IPhone and Apples operating systems.

The one I referenced, states on the webpage it is for Samsung Android. Samsung seems to be a close match to my little 7" Android tablet, as I purchased other accessories that stated Samsung and they work perfectly.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Bill,

That is the original USB Ijet that I figured out would sync with the Ijet Boss remote.

It wasn't till I mentioned this to the owner of Ijet did he realize the market potentional.

He then produced the current Android remote black receiver, of course without giving any credit or at least a thank you email.

Now the unknown is which receiver works best, the old white one or the new "android" one. I have the white one and if I had the black one I could do a A/B test.

I could call Ijet about the Android unit but last time I spoke with the guy and after helping Ijet sells hundreds of units, I got only 20% off my order.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
It does state on this page that the system also works for PC, so the I does not stand just for apple. http://www.buyijet.com/ijet-usb-wireless......ler.html
I got the idea to buy the iJet USB Wireless Remote Media Controller from this thread to start with

The problem at no point has been getting the ijet system to work with android, rather it has been getting a signal reliably from the remote to the receiver. The problem seems to be the buttons of the remotes, which require strong pressing to operate and even then are unreliable. I decided to buy another unit to see if the unit was faulty, as the hardware at buyijet is quite cheap. First time I had the unit shipped with the boss v2 remote, the combination not working too well although I was assured it would, and the second time with the white remote and the same problem persisting.

At no point has my system not been working, it just has not been working reliably. The system would be great if I could rely on the buttons of the remote.

So far I have not found any other RF solution to controlling bestboy.

Quote:
On Oct 28, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2015, Ihmemies wrote:
And the receiver is this

Thank you for your response, appreciate you coming back and answering.

As I see it, you purchased the totally wrong remote and receiver, nowhere does it say on those pages you referenced, does it say they are compatible with an Android operating system.

The "I stands for the relationship to Apple/Mac IPhone and Apples operating systems.

The one I referenced, states on the webpage it is for Samsung Android. Samsung seems to be a close match to my little 7" Android tablet, as I purchased other accessories that stated Samsung and they work perfectly.
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
This is what I have noticed on both ijet remotes I have bought, the boss v2 and the white one that comes with iJet USB Wireless Remote Media Controller.

Quote:
On Oct 26, 2015, CyberMage wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2015, T. Durden wrote:

How do the buttons on the Jet remote work for you? Are they responsive?

I had an iJet remote that I used with my iPod for awhile, but the buttons on the remote were unreliable and I often had to press a button twice to get the track to play.

I don't want to have to do the same thing with with this Jet remote.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Ijet is reliable and has been working for most users.

But in some cases RF interference has caused issues.

A Café member asked me for help on his Ijet remote receiver, I told him which alternate Linx Tech antenna to buy and he swapped out the internal antenna for something that was more sensitive and external.

The only issue is that the antenna had a large power draw which affected tablet battery life.

Another solution is to use a PowerPoint remote on the 2.4mhz radio signal.,,
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Gothike are you using the http://www.buyijet.com/ijet-usb-wireless......ler.html or the http://www.buyijet.com/android-remotes.html as suggested by Bill Hegbli? Which remote do you use, the boss v2?

Quote:
On Nov 10, 2015, gothike wrote:
Ijet is reliable and has been working for most users.

But in some cases RF interference has caused issues.

A Café member asked me for help on his Ijet remote receiver, I told him which alternate Linx Tech antenna to buy and he swapped out the internal antenna for something that was more sensitive and external.

The only issue is that the antenna had a large power draw which affected tablet battery life.

Another solution is to use a PowerPoint remote on the 2.4mhz radio signal.,,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New Android Sound Control System - Best Boy Sound Control (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL