The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » IET MASSIVE KIT by Subdivided Studios (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Just bought this on sale and all I can say is WOW! You get prompt service, the highest quality workmanship in the device, and save TONS of dollars (More than you can save at Geico ). Included in the set are:
The Trinity System - device plus DVD and "practice IET" and tack
LEK (Legacy Emergency Kit) - DVD plus 300' of Legacy 2.0 in a fancy and handy dispenser, tack and scissors in pouch
Lastly a fancy handy dispenser of 1,000' Legacy 2.0 IET.

I must first say this is a beautiful device to just look at much less use. Top quality, fully adjustable to do anything from a child size wrist elastic to a full adult Body Elastic using the same device. The DVD instructions are very clear and easy to follow. (Trinity System and LEK are different methods to an extent that it is worth getting both due to the diversity of the set up and get ready).

There are several great effects on both DVD's fully explained and a good bit of extra thoughts from both Justin Miller and Sebashtion H.

Cost VS Cost... If you currently pay $10 for a pack of 5 invisible wrist elastics that are mass marketed - STOP NOW. I am currently disabled due to cancer, on several meds including hardcore pain killers and undergoing round 2 of chemotherapy due to relapse and I just tied 50 wristbands in less than an hour while watching TV and eating a sandwich. That is $100.00 worth of the mass marketed ones and I have barely used a quarter of my "Practice Thread" which is equal or better quality of the marketed ones. I played with one for almost 2 hours (aggressively ) before breaking it. It only takes 15 mins or so for me to break a marketed one which made me Leary if using IET for a long time. I am sooooo glad I gave this kit a chance. Once I am done using up the practice stuff, I still have 1,300 feet of Top Shelf IET. That's like 1,300 wrist bands costing ($2,600) for the mass market pre tied stuff... An absolute No-Brainer. GET THIS NOW while it is still on sale.

Another plus... I can use the system to tie other IET's like Steve Fearsons EVE which is 3 strands thick and can be stripped down like invisible thread or used "full strength" and have the strength to lift much heavier objects.

All in all I give customer service (as I did make a phone call and an email, both answered promptly so 10/10
Quality of device (including durability,quality, looks, convenience of use) 10/10
IET 10/10
Dispensers, tools, and tips from DVD's 10/10
Routines on DVD's 10/10
Explination of the different tying methods on both DVD's 10/10

Seriously, if you are in to IET work GET THIS NOW.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Anyone wanting to "test the waters" as it were, and try before you buy. I am willing to make you a couple IET wrist size for the price of a stamp and a very small material fee. This way you can see what quality you are getting out of a self tied IET before getting the system.

When you see and feel the quality, do the math (as for the savings over the pre-tied ones) getting either the Trinity System or the LEK seperatly or the Massive kit (financially a no brainer) will surely be next on your list.

This is a small sample for a very nominal price. PM me if interested.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of Isper
Would this be a useful thing to get if you are new to IT work, or would it be better to get experience with IT beforehand?
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Isper - great question. If you are new to thread work there are many great paths to follow. Buying individual packs of loops is very, very expensive. If you are buying them one pack at a time, It is discouraging when you lose them or they break. I own both both the Trinity System and LEK which are mentioned above. I think the Trinity System is a fast and easy way to tie elastic bands of any size, I very highly recommend it. It is a great product for everyone interested in loops/bands.

If you are interested in IT reels then I very highly recommend Centrifugal by Magik Balay. This is a great DVD which teaches all about reels and also includes a good quality reel.

Thread work is a powerful tool which can create some wonderful magical moments. Best of luck.
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of Isper
Thank you for the feedback! I am primarily interested in loops and bands at this point, so the Trinity System and LEK look like something to invest in at some point in the near future.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The Trinity system (in a nutshell) is the same thing but they have to call it something else due to legal ownership and trademark of the word "LOOPS" actually, both the Legacy 2.0 IET and the Steve Fearson EVE IET are superior in quality to the "LOOPS" that I have purchased in the past ( and it gets frustrating breaking them at $2.00 ea.) The Trininy System solves that by giving you bulk IET that you can select the size and a great handmade device for measuring and tying the bands. The LEK Legacy Emergency Kit which is part of the massive kit (or sold seperately) teaches you how to tie a band while approaching a table. ON THE FLY, and comes with handy scissors, tack, and 300' of Legacy 2.0 IET. Plus an instructional dvd for emergency tying and a couple more effects to add to the effects from the Trinity System DVD.

So I guess (in my opinion) this will not only save you a lot of money in the long run but you will get 2 dvds on seperate ways to tie and some nice effects on both. not to mention all the hardware and tools to make perfect bands. Why wait?

Smile Smile
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of Isper
Thank you again for all of your feedback. What you say really makes sense. The only reason to wait at this point is to get the money to buy it.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
And you will be able to practice more with no fear of breaking a 2 dollar band.
Todd
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
Yes with 1300 foot that is just shy of 11 cents a foot - if you buy the whole kit.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
I didn't know whether to buy the Trinity system, LEK, or both. When I saw the massive kit advertised, I didn't buy it as it would have cost extra to send it here to the UK. So in the end I bought the Trinity system and LEK from the World Magic Shop.

'Why did you decide to buy both in the end?' I hear you ask. (See how good I am at mentalism? No answers please...! Smile)

Well, I was originally only going to buy the Trinity and some Legacy IET. (If you're thinking of buying the Trinity system, don't forget you have to order thread as well.) Then I realised that as the LEK comes with Legacy thread in a dispenser, it only costs £14 ($18 on Subdivided Studios website at the moment) more than the thread alone. And, as has been mentioned above, comes with its own DVD (which contains more effects, including the excellent 'Ring Slide' - which costs £12 ($15) as a stand-alone effect).

Therefore, if I had bought the Trinity system, thread and Ring Slide, I would have spent about the same as the Trinity and LEK cost, and would have lost out on the LEK DVD (with its method and extra effects).

As I said earlier, as I live in the UK I bought them from the World Magic Shop; ordered one day and arrived two days later - excellent service. (Thank you WMS!)

The Trinity system is lovely. Beautifully made, extremely clever and really easy to use. After three attempts using the practice thread, I was tying bands using the Legacy. Both the Trinity and LEK DVDs are excellent, with good instructions and effects. (Thank you Subdivided Studios and Justin Miller!)

The Massive Kit is certainly the way to go if you can afford it, as you get both systems and it comes with so much thread. But if you were thinking of only buying the Trinity system with some thread to go with it, I would strongly suggest spending the extra to get the LEK with the Trinity instead. And if you were thinking of getting Ring Slide too, buying both the Trinity and LEK is a no-brainer!

Rich
Cotham
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Cotham
And Sebashtion gives great customer service at Subdivided studios. If you get a chance to see his tables sometime try it out. They are great looking and a pleasure to perform on.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
R99h, the only thing you missed out on by not getting the massive kit is the extra spool of IET (1,000') no extra DVD . You got everything you need and the 300' of IET that comes with the LEK will last you a long time. You still did well my friend and the 2 dvd's you got both have some excellent stuff on them (and yes, the ring slide "is da bomb" as the cool kids say.

I have a lot of IT stuff both hits and many misses but the IET stuff from Subdivided can't be beat. If you get a chance try Steve Fearsons mono IET or EVE IET with the system too sometimes you need different types of IET depending on how big or small you are going. Heck, if you made a body band out of some Unstripped EVE, you could probably play a pretty kick azz game of angry birds. Smile

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2014, Greg755 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2013, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Just bought this on sale and all I can say is WOW! You get prompt service, the highest quality workmanship in the device, and save TONS of dollars (More than you can save at Geico ). Included in the set are:
The Trinity System - device plus DVD and "practice IET" and tack
LEK (Legacy Emergency Kit) - DVD plus 300' of Legacy 2.0 in a fancy and handy dispenser, tack and scissors in pouch
Lastly a fancy handy dispenser of 1,000' Legacy 2.0 IET.

Where can one get this kit?

Uh, glad you found it. I can't believe I was stupid enough not to put a link in my review. I usually do better than that Smile I guess I was so excited about not having to remortgage my house for a months worth of "the other loops" that it slipped my mind. Smile getting old is tough.

Smile Smile
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2577 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2014, bowers wrote:
And you will be able to practice more
with no fear of breaking a 2 dollar band.
Todd

This is a huge benefit. Without having to worry about each band you are far more willing to take risks and try things you normally wouldn't which often can lead to an 'A-HA!' moment.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
I've been interested in this product for ages but I've been at a loss on where to start and have a few questions if anyone can answer. I PM'd Craig Petty on here but never got a reply. (Wizard Product Review) is where I found out about this item.

1. Do I need to buy Legacy Thread 2.0 if I buy the Trinity System? thought that would of been included no?
2. What is the Legacy Thread dispenser? Do I need one?
3. The Legacy Emergency Kit?Do I need it?

New to thread work but not to magic. All these names and products are very confusing. Any help appreciated. I have been putting of buying the TS for some time as I don't know where to start and what to buy. Thanks in advance.

Greig Smile
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:
R99h, the only thing you missed out on by not getting the massive kit is the extra spool of IET (1,000') no extra DVD . You got everything you need and the 300' of IET that comes with the LEK will last you a long time. You still did well my friend and the 2 dvd's you got both have some excellent stuff on them (and yes, the ring slide "is da bomb" as the cool kids say.

I have a lot of IT stuff both hits and many misses but the IET stuff from Subdivided can't be beat. If you get a chance try Steve Fearsons mono IET or EVE IET with the system too sometimes you need different types of IET depending on how big or small you are going. Heck, if you made a body band out of some Unstripped EVE, you could probably play a pretty kick azz game of angry birds. Smile

Thank you, that's very good to know. Smile

Like a lot of people, I couldn't really get into using loops due to the cost. (How Yigal Mesika can justify the price of his Loops is beyond me - a case of someone caring too much about their bank balance and not enough about our art form? I'm sure he's putting a lot of magicians off using loops and IET in general.)

Now with the Trinity system I can enjoy practising without worrying too much about breaking them. Actually, I'm enjoying making them almost as much as using them.

I may try Steve Fearsons EVE IET at some point in the future. I suppose it and Legacy each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

On a related topic, I know that there are videos about using loops - Yigal Mesika and Finn Jon's 2 volumes & 'Reflections', the Ellusionist 'Guerilla Guide to Loops' and Penguin's 'The Million Dollar Knot'. I have read reviews here on the Café about them. Does anyone know if they are they the best and/or only videos? And is other material out there? I'm sure there must be good written material but, other than Yigal Mesika's 'Animated Miracles', haven't found any so far.

Rich
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, greig ewen wrote:
I've been interested in this product for ages but I've been at a loss on where to start and have a few questions if anyone can answer. I PM'd Craig Petty on here but never got a reply. (Wizard Product Review) is where I found out about this item.

1. Do I need to buy Legacy Thread 2.0 if I buy the Trinity System? thought that would of been included no?
2. What is the Legacy Thread dispenser? Do I need one?
3. The Legacy Emergency Kit?Do I need it?

New to thread work but not to magic. All these names and products are very confusing. Any help appreciated. I have been putting of buying the TS for some time as I don't know where to start and what to buy. Thanks in advance.

Greig Smile

Hi Greig

1. Yes, you need to buy thread. The Trinity doesn't come with it.

2. The dispenser is a handy plastic box which holds the spool of thread, helps you to break the thread off and also keeps it safe. For the price (a couple of bucks I think), I'd recommend getting one.

3. No, you don't need the LEK. It's there for when you need to tie loops quickly but can't set up the Trinity (walking between tables, in the car and forgotten to take the Trinity to a gig, etc). However, it comes with thread and a dispenser, as well as a DVD with extra effects and some sharp scissors. I'm glad I bought it along with my Trinity, as I didn't need to buy extra thread as it came with it and I got the DVD as well. If you've got the money, the Massive Kit from Subdivided Studios is excellent value. (WMS doesn't stock the Massive kit nor the 1000ft spool of Legacy.)

In summary, I'd recommend getting:
1. The Massive kit (everything plus an extra 1000ft of Legacy). If that's not possible, then
2. The Trinity and LEK (both systems, both DVDs and thread). If that's not possible, then
3. The Trinity (a fantastic system with DVD) and a spool of thread (Legacy (preferably with a dispenser) or another brand such as Steve Fearson's EVE IET (mentioned above)) to go with it.

I hope this helps.

Rich
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The 3 Guerrilla Guide to Loops 1,2,3 (I bought the downloads) helped the most - I have every one you mentioned but found them the best set.

Smile Smile
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:
The 3 Guerrilla Guide to Loops 1,2,3 (I bought the downloads) helped the most - I have every one you mentioned but found them the best set.

Thank you once again Poof-Daddy.

Rich
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Wow thanks r99h for that well thought out and detailed answers to my questions. I think I will go for the Trinity System with the Legacy Emergency Kit. Keep you posted over the next few weeks after I've received and played with it.

Thanks again
Greig Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » IET MASSIVE KIT by Subdivided Studios (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL