The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Poster and tickets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Anyone got some good links to company's who provide cost effective printing and design for posters and show tickets , in the past I have used graphics 2000 in Vegas anyone using anyone else

Going to be using these for fundraising shows for schools and churches
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Staples
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Staples doesn't do printing, they do copying. You're looking for something more like ticketprinting.com or admitoneproducts.com
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Gotprint.com

J
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
I also recommend Staples. They did some nice banners and posters for me. They can also print brochures and biz cards. They are competitively priced especially with small runs and quick if you need something done right away.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I repeat, Staples is not a printer!
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
They offer printing services. That what the OP asked for...what are you nitpicking about?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
He asked about "cost effective printing", that's what I'm referring to Kinko's, Office Max/Depot and Staples are copy centers, the do not do printing. Ticket printing is usually done by printers, I was just clarifying and trying to assist the OP, rather than leading him down a wrong path and so he doesn't take the advice to go to Staples seeking a printing job only to be told they are not a printer. There is a huge difference in quality and pricing.

It's not nitpicking it's clarifying and dealing in the facts. Last time I checked Staples does not offer printing. To further clarify printing occurs on a press or digital printer, not a copier.
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Magicgraham,

It's true Staples does not offer traditional OFFSET printing. They CAN print just about anything you need. It's called DIGITAL printing. Xeorox built an empire with digital printing. If you're looking for a traditional printer, take Mindpro's advice and ask for offset printing. Staples, who offers digital printing can print what you asked for. http://www.staples.com (search for printing)

I would recommend asking each for samples/pricing. The banners and posters they printed for me (not copied) were very nice for my use...and cost considerably less than what offset printing would have been. That was my experience. You ultimately get to decide price/quality.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
For the two specific markets you are talking about the Staples "printed" posters should be fine, especially if doing short/small runs. If, however, you are doing a number of schools than to produce a standard poster with space for date time and place to be filled in could be the best route and you can go to a traditonal printer, a couple of which have been mentioned above.

B
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
I can help out. I offer both design and printing services.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Eatonmagic: I may need some design and printing services in the near future for the same reason as magicgraham (fundraisers). Let me know what you offer.
Thanks, Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
A couple good links thank you yep Blair its for around 40 shows all different venues
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
With that volume of shows, then I would look at a generic (of your show) poster that could be suitable for all of them and that you could have printed in quantity. But as has been mentioned on other threads do shop around locally for print shops that could fill your needs. A local shop is always good to know of and to build a rapport with.

B
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Working on a four wall for next year, this thread put me onto a track I hadn’t considered. Do you want “stubs” for drawings and prizes? Do you need unique serial numbers? How are you going to distribute those tickets? Can you sell online?

I’m a HUGE fan of DIY, but Staples won’t do that.

You probably want to at least visit the websites mentioned above and see what they can offer. Running your PDF down to Kinko’s is always an option, but you may want a little more.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
In the past.. I have used business cards as tickets. They are a real common size, and they are smaller than traditional event tickets. So the cost is pretty low. 1000 tickets for $25. I have always been very happy with http://www.printplace.com

I have also used a sequential number stamper (maybe $50) to hand number the tickets.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
While that would be one way to do it, I would be greatly concerned with professional perception. I did this too - when I was in middle school. Why is it that magician's are always looking for the cheap, easy way out. I sure hope this is not a trend.

If you can't afford to spend a few of hundred dollars on this, maybe this area of teh business is not for you?

These are often a first impression of you, why on earth would you wnt to sacrifice quality and professionalism?
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
I know from the past having professional looking tickets that match the posters add credibility
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
A print broker will be able to help you get the best quality products, and lowest price.

If you're in Canada, I can help you out; I know great sources for both posters, and tickets. However, if you're in the US, you're better off searching for a local print broker.

More info about print brokers here: http://pearcetheatrical.com/news/print-b......rinting/

Sam
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 08:55, misterillusion wrote:
Eatonmagic: I may need some design and printing services in the near future for the same reason as magicgraham (fundraisers). Let me know what you offer.
Thanks, Charlie

Charlie,
No problem. Just let me know what you are needing. Generally speaking, if you need it printed, I can do it ; ) PM me with specifics and I will be glad to send you a quote. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Poster and tickets (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL