The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Americans Renouncing Citizenship Jumps Sixfold As Tax Law Looms (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lobo
I still think that you are missing my point entirely. I am only talking about the people who made fortunes here, and don't like to pay their fair share. You are just playing lawyer with me, but at least you don't call me school yard names.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 14:33, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
I still think that you are missing my point entirely. I am only talking about the people who made fortunes here, and don't like to pay their fair share. You are just playing lawyer with me, but at least you don't call me school yard names.

I think the issue is more that not everybody agrees as to what their fair share is.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
We can negotiate what a fair share is, but putting millions in your Swiss bank account while complaining about disabled veterans, and those who want their monthly social security check are the people that I am talking about.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I agree. GE should NOT be allowed to do that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 13:04, Al Angello wrote:
Danny
When you jump all over me for little or no reason it does not exactly make ME look bad. LOL

Show me where I "jumped all over you" please. I am TRYING IN VEIN to understand you!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny I am not odd. LOL
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 14:03, LobowolfXXX wrote:
The only immigration "was" is on ILLEGAL immigration. One million new foreign nationals become Americans every year with the full blessing of the U.S. government.

And the FDA is approving dozens of new drugs every year too. The only drug "war" is on ILLEGAL drugs.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 14:33, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo

"Fair share," there's nothing "fair" about taking something by threat of force.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or actual coersion and real force.

Nobodies "fair share" is in my pocket.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think it depends on the "something." I don't think there's a practical alternative for, say, national defense, and if it's done on a volunteer basis, then you have the free rider problem, which isn't "fair" either. I guess you could just abandon national defense, and we could all pay the same amount ($0). Wouldn't be my first choice.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
What, exactly, IS the "war on (illegal) immigration," anyway? Not having open borders?

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A "WAR" on anything is anyone doing anything you disagree with. This is how political debate is now framed.

Just like Al spouting off about "fair share" just like his hero constantly does. Nobody ever researches anything or thinks for themselves. It is sound bites pure and simple.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
When General Electric pays no income tax they are not paying their fair share.

When giant oil companies get government subsidies for God only knows what they are not paying their fair share.

Now that wasn't hard was it?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 18:03, Dannydoyle wrote:

See, we can agree. Though I don't know how you plan on funding police, etc.

ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Get rid of all subsidies and all tax write offs and loopholes and now everyone can pay a reasonable amount. Flat rate or consumption tax anything but the convoluted mess we have now.

But if they did that they couldn't get elected on the promise of lower taxes...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 18:08, LobowolfXXX wrote:
What, exactly, IS the "war on (illegal) immigration," anyway? Not having open borders?

What, exactly, IS the "war on (illegal) drugs," anyway? Not allowing free to people to engage in voluntary interactions, transactions, and contracts?
Actually, sounds identical to the war on immigration.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 19:20, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 18:03, Dannydoyle wrote:

See, we can agree. Though I don't know how you plan on funding police, etc.

Funding the 18 enumerated powers I have no problem with. Never said I do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 19:23, gdw wrote:
Quote:

What, exactly, IS the "war on (illegal) drugs," anyway? Not allowing free to people to engage in voluntary interactions, transactions, and contracts?

In reality they couldn't be more different.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 19:23, gdw wrote:
Quote:

At this point, I can only assume your vagueness is a deliberate attempt to protect your comment from rational debate.

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
Danny
When General Electric pays no income tax they are not paying their fair share.

Do the shareholders of General Electric pay taxes on the dividend payout they recieve from the profits of the company? Also, do the CEOs and employees of General Electric pay taxes? I know that with certain tax elections for an LLC such as partnership or disregarded entity taxation, the LLC itself is not taxed but that tax liability passes down to the members of the LLC and the members are directly liable for taxes on the profits of the LLC. Active members that have elected to be taxed as a parntership in an LLC have to pay quarterly self employment taxes in addition to income taxes where the inactive members have (who are also part of the partnership tax election) to pay income taxes but are not liable for self employment taxes because their income is more like passive investor income rather than somebody whose income is generated because they are actively working on a day to day basis for the company.

So, just because an entity like a corporation or LLC don't pay taxes directly, doesn't mean that no taxes are paid on the profits of the company (which corporations have different tax rules than an LLC who elected to be taxed as a partnership or disregarded entity). Sometimes, nations or states within a nation try to offer corporations favorable tax treatment (but not necessarily so to any profits taken out of the corporation by the shareholders) because it incentivizes keeping money in the corporation rather than taking it out which encourages further investment by the corporation to make their company better which in turn helps with jobs growth and employment opportunities for society. You don't want to over-tax and take away incentives needed to create jobs, but on the same token, government isn't free and you have to pay taxes. So you have to tax wisely and strike a happy balance. Tax policy is important in helping or preventing economic growth.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Americans Renouncing Citizenship Jumps Sixfold As Tax Law Looms (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL