The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cardshark/At The Card Table Reprint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
Just thought Id start a thread and see who else would buy these if reprinted to show Darwin we would buy them.
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
674 Posts

Profile of Bulla
There's no doubt that a lot of us would buy these books but I don't think it's up to Darwin. It's probably the publishing company. These books aren't that rare yet. You can still find a copy online.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
My understanding is that Darwin bought back the rights to both these books from Richard Kaufman some time ago, and does have plans to reprint them at some point.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Darwin does have the rights to them and was gauging interest in the "Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes" forum about reprinting them. Count me in for a reprint of At The Card Table. I've been holding off on trying to purchase a used copy in the hope that Darwin will reprint it.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 17:03, Robert P. wrote:
Darwin does have the rights to them and was gauging interest in the "Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes" forum about reprinting them. Count me in for a reprint of At The Card Table. I've been holding off on trying to purchase a used copy in the hope that Darwin will reprint it.

I have the same Hope!! Smile
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
If they get reprinted I will definately get a copy!
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I don't wish to see them reprinted, but they will be. And when they are, I hope Mr. Ortiz sells a ton of them.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I should say, in my opinion I feel that they will be.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Darwin has expressed his intention to likely reprint either Cardshark or At the Card Table in another thread. I think it was the thread from his last book and it was in the Latest and Greatest section. Check it out. It wasn't that long ago. Also, I started a thread asking for a reprint of At the Card Table not too long ago in the Books, Pamphlets and Lecture Notes section I think. Search under my avatar and it should come up. You can add your comments there although there seems to be just as much, if not more interest in a Cardshark reprint. I'm guessing whichever has more interest he will probably reprint (at least that's the way I would do it).
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Cardshark is now officially out of print. You should still be able to find copies at dealers for a couple of months. But when they're gone, that's it. There are no more copies in the warehouse.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Prahlad
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Prahlad
I'm lucky to have got Scams and Fantasies not long before it went out of print as well as Cardshark (the more recent printing). I do hope Mr. Ortiz will reprint At the Card Table. I will certainly buy it. I think that it was oop many years ago when I bought Lessons in Card Mastery.

In addition to reprints I do hope that Mr. Ortiz releases new material at some point. There are hints (at least one of which I recall) that he still has unpublished material. I think in the section on surrealism in Strong Magic he describes a trick where he removes the ink from a signed card and drops it in his pocket where it affixes itself to a joker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cardshark/At The Card Table Reprint (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL