The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » JieLi's shel*s darker? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Are JieLis shel*s darker than the balls. Because for me it seems that the shel*s are red and the balls are orange?

RJH
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Just one more reason to get Fakinis
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have used the late Frank Radtke's (Fakini) balls since the early '70s. IMHO, they can't be beaten.

When Frank showed the late Bill Baird his first 'experimental' set of BILLIARD BALLS, Bill, snatched them from Franks's hands and just said: "HOW MUCH?"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
P.S.::::

For the "Johnny come latelys" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BILL BAIRD, was on of the GREAT BILLIARD BALL MANIPULATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I do not have money to get fakinis, and now I watched the balls in a different lighting and they seen all good.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22826 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Have you shown them to you mom? If not get another opinion. Do you know there is such a thing as color blindness, and maybe you should have your eyes checked. It would be good to know if have this eye condition.

If you have the JIELI Billiard Balls that come in a plastic tube with then the shells are covered with the same material.

As stated in my previous posts, the shells are sensitive to backlight so do not perform or display the empty shell with strong light behind you.

In my opinion you have purchased a suitable alternative to high cost silicon Billiard Balls. They will give you good service.

If you go to the website on the enclosed card, you will find the white set as well. Happy Billiard Balling!
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Elliot,
There are different pros and cons. I used Fakini as well and they functioned fine.
Switching to JL/JieLi is because Fakini doesn't quite suit what I do now.

Bill,
I have heard JieLi has stopped manufacturing billiard balls for a while. Hope it will resume in the near future.

RJH,
Grab them when you can, you'd never know when they run out. Let's hope that the next batch will be ready soon.

Ian
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
My eyes are fine. Maybe there was some kind of a backlight, I don't know. I'll play around with this set and see how it works for me. Thanks for the tips.

RJH
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
The only white balls I can find are white Gorilla grip balls, where can I find white JieLis?

RJH
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 09:21, RJH wrote:
The only white balls I can find are white Gorilla grip balls, where can I find white JieLis?

RJH

I am not sure.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22826 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is where you can get white and red JIELI Billiard Balls.

http://www.dreamymagic.com

White: http://dreamymagic.com/index.php?route=p......t_id=113

Red: http://dreamymagic.com/index.php?route=p......t_id=118

Order fast as they will go fast now that this is posted for all to purchase.

This is the eBay dealer's website that is on the card you get with each order from him. I have ordered a white set from this site. They deliver and the prices are great.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks Bill. I still have 1 question. Every where I go, I find Gorilla grip billiard balls. Are they any good?

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22826 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The balls are okay, but he Gorilla grip shells are only very SOFT plastic with a built in spacer or plastic, they are over size and wobble all over the place, making it harder to hang onto. They are NOT covered with silicon, just shiny plastic.

I ordered the "Silver Box" set and set the back to a dealer, and lost my postage money of $20 - $10 to ship and $10 to return.

Balls are okay, but shells are worthless, and even though the advertisement says they are metal shells - THEY ARE NOT METAL SHELLS.

I have already mentioned this in my posts on Billiard Ball from China. More expensive does not mean better when it comes to China magic products.
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Bill,
I agree with your last statement.
However Chinese product's quality may vary alot.

Ian
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
RJH,
Most things in magic are an investment, save your pennies and get fakinis. Inmy opinion they can't be beaten. And they pay for themselfs almost instantly!
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Bill, how long did it take for your JieLis to arrive from dreamy magic? I have been waiting for a week.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22826 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A week, it takes longer then that to come from China. I believe I got mine in 3 weeks, almost to the day.

He provides tracking, so you can check where it is at along the course of travel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » JieLi's shel*s darker? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL