The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing birdcage canary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
What are the best fake canary's to use for these???
Any suggestions on favorite kinds thanks??
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22828 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
http://www.vikingmagic.com/Canary-latex?filter_name=latex

Do not waste your money on the Nielsen Canary, it is to tiny and looks awful.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Bill thank you so much for your time with this!!!!
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Anyone have an idea where to find the lock and release real that Tommy Wonder uses for the Vanishing Bird cage??
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22828 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Check with Owen Magic, they sell a reel for this, but it is $1500.00 just for the reel.

Tommy Wonder was the only one to make his full set up, it costs over $1500.00. He has passed away, therefore only the 2nd hand market may turn up some offerings, but be prepared to pay in excess of $3000.00 for a set up with cage.

If you are very lucky, you may be able to get on James P. Riser's list to get one of his new creations later this year. Again, these are in the $5000.00 range.

Kind of a lot of bucks just to give some slack, they do not vanish the cage, only make it possible to do later in an onstage show without leaving the stage.

Encore products made the Billy McComb complete outfit for his Slow Motion Vanishing Bird Cage. Don't know if any were sold for the $1500.00 asking price for cage, box, and reel, but you could ask around. The company went out of business and the owner went into hiding shortly after the announcement of the Billy McComb products. Guess he will not even sell them on a part-time manufacturing basis. I think his name was Chris Reiss or something similar. If he did sell any, that is another 2nd hand market item to look for if you want to spend the big bucks.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Did Blackstone ever use a real or did he just go old fashion?
Bill again so much for your information and time on this!
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Where can you find the McComb vids on this?? Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22828 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Blackstone - both Senior and Junior use the original method and non semi-ridged Cage sold by Abbott's Magic C. Many use the standard setup like Walter Zaney Blaney and the Blackstone's. It takes trial and error to get it right. I believe Abbott's sells the instruction's only on their website for $4 if you do not have the information.

McCombs videos are on YouTube and Whit "Pop" Haydn's website of videos.

By the way - it is Reel not Real, there is a difference in the meaning.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Lol yes sorry Reel haha!! Thanks so much for all you help and time Sir!!
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Hey got the canary ordered and found some McComb Vids on SME.
Thanks so much again for all your advice and help.
Lol I was writing these message fast short time lots of misspelled words sorry.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1147 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I had a Nielsen latex canary and liked the way it appeared. I stored it in the attic area of the house and years of extreme heat, cold and humidity deteriorated the rubber. It literally fell apart in my hands when I went upstairs to check on it. Best to store something like this in a cool dry place when not in use.
Cubby199
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Cubby199
Are their any cages like the ones in "the prestige" that don't kill the bird?
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.
-The Prestige (my favorite movie)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22828 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 01:48, Cubby199 wrote:
Are their any cages like the ones in "the prestige" that don't kill the bird?

No! No such cage and that was a movie, not real performance magic. Not saying that there was no such trick way back in the very old days, but there is not way to actually know if that particular cage trick ever existed. Remember they cut away to the actors. They could have vanished an elephant in the same way.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Walter Blaney is soon going to release something. Meanwhile, I have a method that you can make for about ONE DOLLAR. You might also scan google and the big auction site for a take up pull or a Hammerton pull.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Pete I am interested in this method pm?? Would like to know more.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Best to use for cover or smoothing the rough edges of cage. Having hang up thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22828 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 21:46, wanmagic wrote:
Best to use for cover or smoothing the rough edges of cage. Having hang up thanks.

If you are asking the best tools to use to round off your square corners of the frame on your cage. That all depends how much material you want to remove. Tools are metal file in medium and fine. Grinding wheels. Round sandpaper tubes that fit on a hand drill. Polishing rough and polishing cloth disk for hand drill. Jewelers copping saw. Sandpaper for metal.

Cannot suggest anything further as there are several types of cages that have been available.

You can go to James P. Riser website and look at his methods for converting cages that will not hang up.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Bill thanks so much!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing birdcage canary (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL