The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Favorite super triple handling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Johnny Wong and Ponta the Smith have lots of routines for this great coin, and Todd Bowers reminded me that Paul Richards has a handling as well.

What are you guys doing with this coin? Anyone know of any different effects and handlings that some of us would like?

Thanks,
Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I've got a couple of sick looking triple change routines using this set and the custom zazzle stickers. One where one coin changes to three different coins and then back to the original coin. Another routine where three produced coins change to three different coins and then back to the original coins and then vanish one at a time. I also have an international three fly routine with three different coins going across and there is no touch or hand coming together until the final phase/flight. They are all real eye poppers, all done up and away from the table at chest height and at the fingertips. Not much sleight of hand needed. The gaff does 90% of the work. I wish I had the time to make my own dvd with routines on it teaching this stuff. There is so much more you can do with this coin set than has been taught even with the ponta dvd coming out.

I can only post performances and will do so eventually on my youtube channel. If your in the know as to what the gaff is and how it works ahead of time you might be able to reverse engineer the routines using your own set. But this slays lay people. A lot of eye popping WTF moments to be had.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Ponta's dvd is already out on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUu_Jx0-V8
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks, Joe. Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see some vids!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
attken
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of attken
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 07:35, jconstantine wrote:
I've got a couple of sick looking triple change routines using this set and the custom zazzle stickers. One where one coin changes to three different coins and then back to the original coin. Another routine where three produced coins change to three different coins and then back to the original coins and then vanish one at a time. I also have an international three fly routine with three different coins going across and there is no touch or hand coming together until the final phase/flight. They are all real eye poppers, all done up and away from the table at chest height and at the fingertips. Not much sleight of hand needed. The gaff does 90% of the work. I wish I had the time to make my own dvd with routines on it teaching this stuff. There is so much more you can do with this coin set than has been taught even with the ponta dvd coming out.

Hi , Can you provide you international three fly performance youtube vid lonk to us?

Thank you.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Once I get around to filming it I will PM you guys with the link.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks Joe! Smile

attken
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of attken
I just bought Ponta smith released DVD for DFSTC routines , there are several routines(7-8) and totally better than Johnny wong's original version.
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Apart from Ponta's website, does anyone know where to get his DVD and the DFSTC?
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Most Johnny Wong products can be purchased from Joe Mogar.

http://www.joemogar.com/

Highly recommended!

CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 07:40, shakuni wrote:
Ponta's dvd is already out on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUu_Jx0-V8

Thanks for the link Shakuni, I love Ponta's work, and this routine is no exception.

Cheers
attken
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of attken
Actually before I bought Ponta's DFSTC routines , I have reviewed several times on youtube and know how it works.
If you know the basic handling method , You can decompose each movement by yourself.
So you can save the money, because these Ponta's DFSTC routine is not too complex.
attken
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of attken
Actually before I bought Ponta's DFSTC routines , I have reviewed several times on youtube and know how it works.
If you know the basic handling method , You can decompose each movement by yourself.
So you can save the money, because these Ponta's DFSTC routine is not too complex.
santaknows
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of santaknows
My super triple coins stick, big time. Specifically, when the heads/tails Chinese coins come together, the dryness and magnet strength make it nearly impossible to separate. I've tried several recommended lubricants (Niagra's spray starch and Elmer's Slide All) but the solution lasts for only a few minutes. The potential of these coins is terrific, IF I can overcome the adhesion that precludes a smooth separation. What suggestions do you have to overcome this problem? From the above posts, it appears that others are finding the coins in working order, so you must have solved this problem, eh?
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-08-22 14:54, santaknows wrote:
My super triple coins stick, big time. Specifically, when the heads/tails Chinese coins come together, the dryness and magnet strength make it nearly impossible to separate. I've tried several recommended lubricants (Niagra's spray starch and Elmer's Slide All) but the solution lasts for only a few minutes. The potential of these coins is terrific, IF I can overcome the adhesion that precludes a smooth separation. What suggestions do you have to overcome this problem? From the above posts, it appears that others are finding the coins in working order, so you must have solved this problem, eh?

Here...

See this product http://www.amazon.com/CS-Hyde-Optically-......00REI90W

and read this whole thread http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
santaknows
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of santaknows
Thanks, Al. The thread identifies other options to consider. Before seeing the thread, I tried a silicone spray lubricant, but it didn't solve this problem. I'm now convinced any liquid substance won't work because it will dry up, the grease solution (Vasoline, carmex)is messy, and now I'll next try the Teflon tape your link cites. We shouldn't have to go to such great lengths to find a work-around.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I have tried the tape and it works like a dream (as Al put it).

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes it does fix the problem for sure.
Todd
santaknows
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of santaknows
I got the tape that Al recommended and it works great -- just like magic. Now I can begin serious work on developing my own routine.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
I have used the tape Al recommended on both my own DFSTC set and that of a friend and it completely eliminates the sticking problem.

Thanks Al!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Favorite super triple handling (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL