The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This thread is for you to flaunt your eccentricities! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I think most people here know of my unusual hobbies, and some share them. I've been doing Highland Games Heavy Athletics for a few years. This is the first year I took off because I'm just too busy with grad school. I did Renaissance Faires for 15 years. Used to bend wrenches & roll-up frying pans for fun.
I've worked on a ranch, at a cemetery, and for a nonprofit paranormal investigations group.
My Dad was both a UDT and a SEAL in the Navy, which I think is awesome.
For several years I wouldn't drink anything that wasn't blue. Blue Nehi, blue Kool-Aid, it just had to be blue.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 16:43, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 15:08, Bob1Dog wrote:
Native New Yorker but living in Delaware now. But definitely east coast, yes. As to what to think? I think I said it pretty well above. YIKES!

Well people can mock us if they choose but I can count the number of plane crashes I've been in on using zero fingers Smile

Me too! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
I used to have an uncontrollable need to correct people's grammar
Until one day I realized how annoying it is so as much as it kills me to hear the English language get murdered I stay polite and quiet . There are other things but I'll just ride with that one.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6005 Posts

Profile of motown
I eat hamburgers upside down, the burger not me.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3506 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I always feel safer carrying a bomb with me on the plane. I just think the odds of there being two bombs on the same plane would be just too great...
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Step on a crack, break your mother's back; step on a crack, break your............you get the idea.

Just kiddin', couldn't help myself.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I don't have any although my wife would probably disagree!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You KNOW you're not being honest here, don't you! Smile

PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
891 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Besides the whole "being barefoot" thing, I also collect Wizard of Oz memorabilia.

Not sure if that technically counts as eccentric but it is certainly unconventional.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I collect old lightbulbs! That still work. I have about thirty of them, some have a Mazda label like this one.....

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/edison-mazda-light-bulb

R.S.
View Profile
Loyal user
CT one day I'll have
201 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Whenever I board a plane I have to clean that spot on the outside of the plane to the right of the door that everybody touches.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I wear sunglasses everywhere.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
I have an aversion to tattoos. I really hate even getting my hand stamped when I go to a club. I broke up with a girl once because I couldn't get over her tattoo.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 12:24, Slide wrote:
I have an aversion to tattoos. I really hate even getting my hand stamped when I go to a club. I broke up with a girl once because I couldn't get over her tattoo.

I guess I can trust you alone with my girlfriend, then. She has sixteen tattoos to my measly three.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I asked my daughter if I have eccentricities. She laughed and offered.

1. I stick out my tongue when I play guitar.
2. I talk to myself non-stop "it's like a running commentary on whatever you are doing".

Like Mobility Bundle, I am always looking for the prime factors of numbers I encounter. Apparently, I keep that mostly to myself.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2658 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 12:37, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

I guess I can trust you alone with my girlfriend, then. She has sixteen tattoos to my measly three.

I read this too quickly and thought it said that your girlfriend was 16, which would lead to a whole other conversation.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 14:55, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 12:37, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

I read this too quickly and thought it said that your girlfriend was 16, which would lead to a whole other conversation.

Plus we just identified one of your eccentricities. Skimming.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I sailed two oceans, three seas, and I passed through two canals but I never got a single tattoo.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 20:49, Al Angello wrote:
I sailed two oceans, three seas, and I passed through two canals but I never got a single tattoo.

There's still time!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1193 Posts

Profile of imgic
I'm not superstitious, but hate when the gas pump ends within $13 range. Will stop before hand if getting close to full or squeeze s bit more in to edge it into $14 range.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This thread is for you to flaunt your eccentricities! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL