The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This thread is for you to flaunt your eccentricities! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
My learning magic was just a side-effect to learning escapology.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 13:05, Slide wrote:
I was actually surprised there were so many people with OCD on this forum. I wonder if there is a higher than average propensity towards OCD within the magic community, after all, it is a rather obsessive hobby, makes sense.

It also explains why people will go to the ends of the earth defending their position here, regardless of its merit.

OCD is a bit like Asperger's Syndrome in that most of what you hear is self-diagnosis. Not sure why it's appealing to bestow either of these on yourself, but it's become very common.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I haven't bestowed it upon myself; I was diagnosed in 1988 and I'll leave it at that.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 13:57, Al Angello wrote:
I have juggled for about an hour a day for the past 32 years, with only a brief pause for open heart surgery, and I know nothing about eccentricities, I am totally dedicated, and obsessed. In fact I juggled for the first three or four years before I found out that you can make money juggling. I learned my first magic trick to compliment my juggling act. I call myself a magician these days because I'm old, but the magic is just a cover up for my juggling obsession.

Juggler here as well...is it eccentric to play with your balls in public?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 23:11, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 13:57, Al Angello wrote:
I have juggled for about an hour a day for the past 32 years, with only a brief pause for open heart surgery, and I know nothing about eccentricities, I am totally dedicated, and obsessed. In fact I juggled for the first three or four years before I found out that you can make money juggling. I learned my first magic trick to compliment my juggling act. I call myself a magician these days because I'm old, but the magic is just a cover up for my juggling obsession.

Juggler here as well...is it eccentric to play with your balls in public?

As opposed to playing with other people's balls in public? Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This thread is for you to flaunt your eccentricities! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL