The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Used this over the weekend at 3 events and it got excellent reactions.

Although they are standard finger ring off rope moves,the nut seems to elevate the routine as it looks so impresive(especially when produced magically at the start)

Didn't do the opening rope and nut production though. Instead just took the rope from my pocket and produced the nut differently but very surprisingly.

Quality of sound and picture in dvd are excellent and Giovanni is a fantastic teacher and performer.Had never ever seen him perform before, but I would think that anyone in his audience would be mesmorised. Everyone has heard the saying that "It's not what you do but the way that you do it"Well he certainly achieves excellence in his perfomance and the routine is perfect.
Highly recommended.

Mike Donoghue
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
I went to BnQ today to try and get some of the same roap, so that (as he mentiones in the DVD) he uses the middle rope for this nut routine.... Yeah the DVD is great and he teaches the routine so well...

Struggling to find a UK source for additional rope tho...

Jordan
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of tdowell
The rope can be found in any good hardware store. Many of the ropes today contain a core that can be removed by simply pulling it out from the braided casing. I suggest going for a thicker braid nylon rope and removing the core which will decrease the circumference of the rope to the size Giovanni recommends. By removing the core, the rope is much more bendable and user friendly. I did this with rope I purchased at Ace Hardware and it works great.

FYI, I also purchased the same nut chromed, which is basically used for securing any trailer ball hitch.

The routine is marvelous. The only modification I made is substituting the Balducci flash knot with a quick misdirected one handed knot that actually works 100% of the time and is still suprising to the spectators.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yeah with the one handed knot he does, I have tried and tried doing what he says and nope no knot! gonna substitute it for the easier one handed knot I learnt when I was a kid, like you said it is still surprising to the spectators, anyone have any other methods of producing the nut, I am finding it a little difficult to hold out if you know what I mean
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Anyone know a source for a one handed knot?
Josh
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Daren
Youtube has videos
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 14:19, JoshLondonMagic wrote:
Anyone know a source for a one handed knot?

Daryl encyclopaedia of rope magic Vol.1 if I remember correctly
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 13:51, tdowell wrote:
The rope can be found in any good hardware store. Many of the ropes today contain a core that can be removed by simply pulling it out from the braided casing. I suggest going for a thicker braid nylon rope and removing the core which will decrease the circumference of the rope to the size Giovanni recommends. By removing the core, the rope is much more bendable and user friendly. I did this with rope I purchased at Ace Hardware and it works great.

FYI, I also purchased the same nut chromed, which is basically used for securing any trailer ball hitch.

The routine is marvelous. The only modification I made is substituting the Balducci flash knot with a quick misdirected one handed knot that actually works 100% of the time and is still suprising to the spectators.

Are you based in the UK?

I've tried a few shops and can't find anything, I was going to get a new nut and have it
Chromed up or something.

I believe it's a 1'' UNC nut, can't find one in the shops.

I'm also finding it difficult to hide like he does in the 1st phase, because the but is so big.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have this in stock now at Saturn Magic we slipped behind a bit in the last couple of weeks due to holidays.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/r......ate.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Been to wicks, and a few other local stores, and cant find spare rope, or nuts this size...
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Why do you guys need spate nuts and ripe the ones supplied will last or years?

I've just watched this through this morning and it realy is a great piece of magic quite easy to do with a little practice and great moments if magic.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
I need more rope, because this rope is super soft, and feels a lot better than the current rope I'm using, so I'd like to build this into my own routine, and add this into fibre optics that I currently perform.... Spare's for working routines are always good to have too!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Yes the rope is very nice, I can see the ends sliding down the rope very well in fibre optics.

Sorry for the spelling errors above, that's the iphone for you!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-30 07:57, Saturn Magic wrote:
Yes the rope is very nice, I can see the ends sliding down the rope very well in fibre optics.

Sorry for the spelling errors above, that's the iphone for you!

Exactly! It will be a lot cleaner too! I sometimes get a small (kinda fold) in the small rope too, it doesn't seem to happen with this as its has different properties. Hence my search for rope Smile and I just want a spare nut too. They should sell an upgrade kit for this Smile
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of puggo
I agree, with the spare rope - if you had plenty, you could have a long & short bit for PN etc, more use out of the same props
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Wonderful routine with a BIG finish. I love it!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2430 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2013-08-30 07:36, Saturn Magic wrote:
Why do you guys need spate nuts and ripe the ones supplied will last or years?

I've just watched this through this morning and it realy is a great piece of magic quite easy to do with a little practice and great moments if magic.

Notice you got an answer to spare rope, but not the spare nut question. I would guess that if you already know the moves......trolling for supplies (on the actual effect thread), watching the demo, free effect.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2530 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 15:50, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 13:51, tdowell wrote:

Are you based in the UK?

I've tried a few shops and can't find anything, I was going to get a new nut and have it
Chromed up or something.

I believe it's a 1'' UNC nut, can't find one in the shops.

I'm also finding it difficult to hide like he does in the 1st phase, because the but is so big.

To many it may not make a difference, but we have probably the world's best Chrome plating company here in our city. It's called, Knoxville Custom Chrome. Just FYI.

Best,
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
You can purchase a "Grade 8" hex nut at any industrial supply house "OR contact me via PM.
That's my day job.... A Grade 8 nut or bolt has a very pretty gold looking plating.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 11:54, davidpaul$ wrote:
You can purchase a "Grade 8" hex nut at any industrial supply house "OR contact me via PM.
That's my day job.... A Grade 8 nut or bolt has a very pretty gold looking plating.

The nut provided is stainless steel, not gold looking. Its a 1" UNC hex nut apparently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL