The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn vs Hundy 500: pros & cons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Looking at getting one of these, and would like some input regarding pros & cons of each: skill level requirements, simplicity, angles, etc.
Thank you in advance for your help! Smile
Doug
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
attken
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of attken
I have extreme burn 2.0 , it works very good but only for US dollars.
The skill level is not difficult but you have to practice it.
The angle is good .
Incognito
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Incognito
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
314 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Extreme Burn 2 gives many different ways of doing the change. With some of them angles are a problem but with others it's all but angle proof. It's not hard to do at all but as the previous poster stated it requires practice to make it smooth. It gets great reactions from laymen & you can spend a few of the bills after the change if you like. The only problem I have with it at all is you can't really carry the bills in a hip pocket wallet for long without messing up the gimmick.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1597 Posts

Profile of Ihop
EB 2 can be done with any currency provided the currency can be folded in half, and they are the same size, and the colors of the edges are close.
As far as I know, those are the only 3 limitations.
Ihor
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Perfect. Thank you for your great comments!
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
Hope it's not too late to pitch in my opinion--I just recently made the transition from Hundy 500 to Extreme Burn and I am never going back. I would fumble a lot with the Hundy gimmick, and the transformation is so much cleaner and more visual with Extreme Burn--it's given me the confidence to use this trick daily.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2882 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I noticed that after carrying my EB2 in my wallet after about a month, that the outline of the gimmick could be clearly seen. I'm not sure how one would fix this issue other than not carrying it in ones wallet. thoughts?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1182 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Hey lunatik, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They shouldn't have much time looking at it anyway. You should be fine. Don't run when no one is chasing; we all get magician's guilt!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1597 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I agree with Jeff.
In the instructions, it says to not apply rubber cement near the outline of the gimmick. This way, you have an air cushion around the gimmick and the outline is not noticeable.
Ihor
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXpxc--2sdI Hundy.... EB is a legit addition to the plot but it seems to me more like WE notice it a lot more than Laymen.
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
165 Posts

Profile of jnork
Hey all, IMO, EB 2.0 is the way to go. I like Greg Wilson and Richard Sanders. Greg more, hands down BUT the EB is way better. I started with Hundy, then EB the EB 2.0. In fact, I just used my EB gimmick to pay for some beer and vokda at the grocery store and blew the clerks out of the water.

You can remake the bills if they start to show too much. It's not big deal and doesn't cost you anything more then a few pennies of rubber cement since you recycle the old bills.

There a way more changes and they are more visual in EB then with Hundy.

Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
khuzhai
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of khuzhai
Greg wilson penguin magic lecture gave some interesting routine which I think plays of better when using the hundy.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
EB 2.0 all the way.
This is the one effect that lives in my wallet.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Boston Bob
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Boston Bob
I agree, extreme burn 2 is excellent. One of my favorite effects and with me always.
regimbeaup
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of regimbeaup
EB 2 seems to work with UK 10 pounds bills and 5 euro bills, anyone has experienced?
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
122 Posts

Profile of civins
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, regimbeaup wrote:
EB 2 seems to work with UK 10 pounds bills and 5 euro bills, anyone has experienced?

never tried it. Are 5 euro notes and 10 pound now the same size?

I've never used EB 2 as Scottish bank notes are all different sizes and borders are different colours.
Baelrath
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Baelrath
Hm 10 pound:142mm x 75mm , 5 euro: 120 × 62. Big difference if you ask me.

But some are very close indeed and more or less same colortype.
For instance 10 pound 142 x 75 and 50 euro 140 × 77 that may work and both are orangy brown.

Will look into this, thanks for the tip.
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
122 Posts

Profile of civins
Don't know if I fancy carrying a wad of 50 euro notes around with me.
Baelrath
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Baelrath
Smile Good point. Will stick to paper to 20 euro's for now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn vs Hundy 500: pros & cons (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL