The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2455 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Over the last few months Tony Miller has shared with me the workings of his latest release, The Complete Peek Wallet and, right from the start, I marvelled at the ingenious peek built into the wallet. Earlier this week I received the actual wallet and it surpassed all expectation, not only in the ease of the peek but the possibilities this wallet offers.

But one thing at a time.

With the peek, a spectator writes a word or draws something on a card and which you insert behind some credit cards. The wallet is closed (and fastened if you so wish) and you have got your peek. There is no need to reopen the wallet and the peek occurs with very little to do on your part. 100% of the card is visible for reading and is crystal clear, an important consideration if your eyesight is not too sharp. The Complete Peek Wallet certainly gives a complete peek.

I have not seen this principle in any other wallet but it all works superbly well and is very deceptive. However, as with all peeks, you need to watch angles and not have anyone behind you.

Tony has several videos on his site and with more instructions and ideas to follow but this is, I believe, a peek to savour. Don’t rush the performance. Engage the spectator in conversation, get your peek leisurely, put the wallet away and enjoy. Those who get the wallet will, I think, appreciate the moment.

However the Peek Wallet is much more than a peek. Thanks to its design, cards or slips can be loaded and then removed from a fastened section of the wallet. P***** w****** and n*** w****** are also easy and with your business card - containing the necessary information - removed from the fastened compartment. This I can see as being particularly useful, especially for mentalists.

Since receiving the wallet, I have also discovered it can house 3 convincing and effective outs and which can be great for effects involving choices and some card routines as well.

The Complete Peek wallet certainly delivers. It is well made and, with its pockets, can be used as an everyday wallet with slots for credit cards, business cards and notes. It is also the perfect size for pockets, not being too big or chunky.

With its innovative, effective and crystal clear peek, its ability to receive loads, p***** or n*** w*****, and hold outs, this is a wallet of many uses and possibilities. It is also very reasonably priced.

This could be one of the major releases of the year and one I unreservedly recommend. In the interests of full disclosure, I received a review copy but, had I not, would have definitely gone ahead and bought one and been more than pleased with my purchase, especially with its many uses.

More details can be found from http://rfaproductions.com/products/peekwallet.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6992 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Saw this at MAGIC Live. Soooo clever.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Glad you liked it! I just got back from Magic Live. Quite the experience. One of the coolest parts was Barrie Richardsons comment after seeing the Complete Peek wallet.
"How does it feel to be a genius?"

If Rose and Richard Kaufman and others had not been there I would not have believed it!

My ego was riding high that day!

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I also saw this at Magic Live , Very Good Wallet , I passed on this only because I have enough Wallets in my Drawer to last a long time
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Looks very good, as can be expected from Tony Miller... just curious, can the load lend itself to a CTW as well?
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
The load reminds me of Tony's Triple Threat Wallet which I carry every day. If this is the case I may have to pick one up. How many credit card slots does the wallet have?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2013-08-19 13:33, sabitu wrote:
The load reminds me of Tony's Triple Threat Wallet which I carry every day. If this is the case I may have to pick one up. How many credit card slots does the wallet have?

It is based on the Triple threat chassis. But with changes for the peek (Duh) and to allow easier loading for those of a mental bent. Ok... That sounds strange... Mental Bent?

But I gots to admit that I am proud of the peek function.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
There used to be a time when I didn't have any 'mystery' wallets

I am now waiting for another one to arrive...

... but it looks good

Seems like a good price too!
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Tony never disappoints... looking forward to receiving mine. I'll post my thoughts after I have a chance to play around with it.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok. Rose got all the orders out today. so everyone will get theirs very soon. I am writing this on Roses tablet. I am getting out of the hospital today. more tests... So back to normal...yay!

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Mine just arrived today. As can be expected from Tony, it is very well made, and built to last. The p**k function is absolutely diabolical, seriously. But as the op mentioned, it can do so much more as well, including hold outs, p***** or n*** w*****, and ctw (I'm a ctw junkie).

All up, this wallet offers a really, really good value, and I unreservedly recommend it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5004 Posts

Profile of RNK
Have to agree with others here. I received my CPW yesterday from Tony. As always- nicely made and devious. I really like it and will be using this. As a matter of fact I will test run it tonight on the ship. My feelings, for $50.00 this is a steal. You can obtain the peek very quickly after the card is inserted while showing the wallet around to the audience in which they see nothing. The instructional vids are classic TM videos- strait to the point with always a touch of humor!!

Great job Tony!

RNK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Tony's Complete Peek Wallet is beautiful and so easy to use ( The peek is so fast, as you can see by the demo. ) But, it's so much more that a peek wallet. You can do POCKET WRITING! Casualy write down the info, take out the wallet and remove your business card with all the secret stuff now revealed.

Check the demo to see how clean the peek is:
http://rfaproductions.com/products/peekwallet.html

I LOVE this wallet!

Zombie
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1152 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Any comments on the CTW side? How is the loading comparable with Real Man's wallet?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Paperinick, I don't own a real man's wallet, so I can't provide a direct comparison, but the CTW load feature that I have been using is a no p**m very similar to that of the triple threat or the JOL plus wallet. Works very nicely. If p**ming is your preferred CTW load, I think this wallet can lend itself to that as well. I don't want to risk tipping too much info here, so feel free to pm me if you want to know more.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1152 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 13:22, Romano911 wrote:
Paperinick, I don't own a real man's wallet, so I can't provide a direct comparison, but the CTW load feature that I have been using is a no p**m very similar to that of the triple threat or the JOL plus wallet. Works very nicely. If p**ming is your preferred CTW load, I think this wallet can lend itself to that as well. I don't want to risk tipping too much info here, so feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

Thanks. I liked the JOL except it was too big for a hip-pocket. But I know what you mean. Real man is a p*** C2W, so the answer is no, they don't compare. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
No prob, mate. If you like the JOL no-p*** load functionality in a smaller size wallet, then the Peek wallet fits the bill -- mine is in my hip pocket as I am typing this Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1152 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I guess you have a triple threat too? I am deciding between the two, are them the same size?
Thanks for your help!
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Yup, the Peek and TT are the same size -- hip size billfold, that can easily fit in the pocket. The TT has a m**l*ca type insert (that offers a nice peek function btw) and consequently offers additional CTW options. The peek function of the Peek wallet however, is like nothing I have seen before -- very clean and deceptive. The Peek is one unit (ie, no insert). One other consideration is that the Peek has a snap enclosure to hold it shut while the TT does not, if that matters to you.

At the end of the day, they are both terrific wallets and you can't go wrong with either one.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1322 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this the other day. If you've ever owned Becker and Earle's "Gravity wallet" then you'll find this to be similar but yet different (Improved). The quality of the leather is better (softer) than other Anthony Miller wallets I've owned. The wallet holds US currency, which is a plus, and it includes an SUC feature. I would have preferred that it didn't include the button snap (seems unnecessary), and the credit card slots are a little "odd" when compared to normal commercially sold wallets. Other than these two minor points the wallet is solid and quite deceptive. The angles are also excellent due to the natural cover of the wallet itself. You won't be disappointed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL