The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Novelist Elmore Leonard has passed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6005 Posts

Profile of motown
Famed novelist Elmore Leonard died Tuesday morning after complications from a stroke
at his home in Bloomfield Village. He was 87.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/21/books/......tml?_r=0

I worked with one of Elmore's son's in the past and had the great pleasure to meet his dad.
He will be missed.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Elmore Leonard has long been, along with Lawrence Block, my favorite writer of crime fiction. May he rest in peace. His books and screenplays, though, will live on.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
One of the all-time greats, with an unsurpassed ear for dialogue.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6005 Posts

Profile of motown
He also wrote a number of westerns that were adapted for film, including "Hombre" starring Paul Newman and "Valdez Is Coming" starring Burt Lancaster. He wrote the screenplay "Joe Kidd" starring Clint Eastwood and Robert Duvall.

He started out as an advertising copy writer at Campbell-Ewald on the Chevy business, a firm I later worked at with his son. Like father like son.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I'm glad I started with Elmore Leonard with his early Detroit novels 52-Pickup, Unknown Man #89, and The Switch. Then just about everything thereafter (I may have missed a couple). Really sorry he's gone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Novelist Elmore Leonard has passed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL