The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Website designer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
The first two times I wanted to built a website I made mistakes and chosen not the ¨best¨ professionals,
my question is how do you look for a good and professional website developer, assuming I already have a good idea how I want my site to look like, thank you

D.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Perhaps the problem isn't the web designers, but you. If you've been through 2 different designers you chose wrong. Look for designers who create sites in Wordpress and DON'T use templates. You can buy a template, get hosting and do your own site for about $100. The tough part is creating a site that looks good if you do it that way though.

Search for designers who create sites that you like.

Whatever you didn't like about the past designers is what you should keep an eye out for.

Josh
Josh
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
Consider what you want out of the site, then choose a designer who excels in that area. Sometimes an incredible graphic designer who gets your vision is a different person than the SEO guy who will get you found in search results. There are lots of aspects to consider.
monstercreations
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of monstercreations
*cough!
Ade
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Yep..Monster creations created mine..In progress..

http://citruscountymagician.com
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Thanks, I will be in touch with you.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Ade does great work. he will not steer you wrong. Now if you need any PRINT design work let me know. It's what I do. =)

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
767 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
After using two different people to build sites for me, I learned a few things.

Look for recommendations from people you know or can talk to and see the sites that have been created for them. Be prepared to give very detailed explanations in writing as to what you want. Give him/her links to sites you like and explain why you like them. Have a written agreement and set delivery time expectations in writing. Ask questions up front about anything and any terminology that you don't understand.

I would politely disagree with the comment above about not using a wordpress template and just have someone custom build a site for you. I'd recommend that if you hire someone, they should use a template. That is so because in 1 or 2 years from now a "custom" built site could develop a glitch as the versions of browsers and wordpress itself change. If that programmer is not available, they you are on the hunt for another person to hire.

However, if you have your web guy use a template from a reputable company that's been around a few years, then they will regularly put out updates that you can download for free....without depending on a web guy to keep you updated.

Just my 2 cents.
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Michael, that was a very good recommendation!
thank you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Website designer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL