The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Clarity Box vs Lightning Box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1278 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On 2013-08-22 19:00, David Regal wrote:
"...a bit more difficult?" I am mystified by this. Honestly mystified. Where is it coming from?

No. Not more difficult.

Oh, sorry for my english David. What I was actually trying to say is "a bit more difficult to explain" Smile
I agree with Doc Dixon. I am sure it's a great product but with both products you are able to adapt the plot.

all the best,
Martin
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Seen it at magic live. best trick of convention to me
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
If it can be covered with a hankie etc and placed next to spec,then hows about torched and restored. you have the card folded already.Instead of restoring it have it explode (flash paper) when you try to welded it back together.Luckily I carry a spare for emergencies.Take off hankey dump box to show signed card.Having there card on display before they have chosen it and you have vanished it.Makes no sense in continuity.Having it hidden ie via hankie or silk over a transparent box does make more sense.I mean how can that be there card from begining when they were signing it?? it was in the box????.Id only have stuff visible if say folded prediction or if the card was a revelation say with diff colour back.Other that Id put the box down on table at start of act already covered and say hop I don't have to use this.Its an emergency rescue kit.Like a sky diver has an emergency chute.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have both and really, while they are different, if I had to only own one, I would own the Clarity Box. I'm glad I don't have to choose between the two, but I just love the Clarity Box! It is so powerful and angle proof. It could have been made a bit smaller, but it seems to me that the size is really not an issue.
KJ
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Magic Café owner Steve Brooks called Clarity Box the best of 2013 here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=71

+

3 new videos now available at Penguin's site (thanks Zombie and welcome back) - the best being the new interview with Dan Harlan and David REgals and also a rave from Rick Lax with more ideas on using this superb product:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3629
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
468 Posts

Profile of William Draven
The only thing I don't like about the clarity box is the "in case of emergency" sticker. That kind of 'magician screws up but doesn't really' patter just doesn't work well with me. I love the idea of an open prediction though, or the impossibility of having the signed card in plain view the entire time. If I get one I'd just remove the stupid sticker from it and adapt it better for my use presentation wise.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
What's great about the Clarity Box is that is can be customized.

I'm going to use a bill.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Just arrived today and I have to say this Clarity Box is outstanding, quality made, and worth every penny. In my opinion the best use of this clear box is for mental prediction work. I will still keep my Kennedy Mystery Box for the signed card revelation just because I don't like the card visible prior to the spectator signing another (just my opinion). But either way, this a real value because you can do much more with it than other boxes will allow. You can use this for a card revelation, signed bill work, or, any paper prediction work.

The use of a clear box is advantageous because there will be literally no heat on the box. Transparency virtually eliminates any suspicion for a lay spectator. Furthermore, the gimmick works flawlessly and is almost invisible. I can tell you that I took a quick look at the box/gimmick prior to watching the DVD and could not figure it out until after I was told the secret. If you don't like the "emergency" sticker on the box then different stickers are included, or, you can make up your own.

I also thought David did a nice job on the instructions and presentation, including giving credit to the original magician who started the "move" upon which so many of these revelation boxes are based.

I give this 5 out of 5 stars and a best of 2013 candidate for sure.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
As I said put a hankie over it leave it on table throught act.Then when time comes take off hankey and they see card etc.Then show revelation.I wouldn't want anyone to know what was in there,but have it always on display.But the beauty of whipping off a silk to show there is something in there then showing them is cool.That how I'm using it.A nice routine borrowed from inner thoughts.To do a magic square routine.But completely mess it up writing down the wrong number time and time again till you've completed your square(mentalism inc auto sq).Then Uncover clarity with in case of emergency You didn't want to have to use this but your going to have to dump out billet and unfold and show at exactly the same time as they reveal theres snap same.Turn your attention to magic sq you created a few mins ago, and say ive been having a little fun with you folks and show them all nos add up to theirs etc of the sq you created.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
MIM,
I like your idea of a hankie over the box, because the card inside the box can't really be scrutinized. If someone is sitting as close to the box as in his demo, they will see that something doesn't look right with the "folded card" in the box.
KJ
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Earlier in this thread I saw the question asked how the Kennedy box compared to LB or Clarity box. I do not own the clarity box but must admit it looks awesome and I love that both it and my LB can be customized to a point. HOWEVER, I find myself always choosing to use my Kennedy Box instead of my LB. why? First I like the smaller size and I prefer it's nice look compared to the LB. Mostly I'm just more comfortable leaving it sit on the table for a few moments. I like the fact that I can place the folded card back into the box, & then hand the box to a spec for he or she to remove it and unfold it. No way I'm putting the LB into someone's hands. For me that's a nice advantage.....
I think both the MB & LB are great for different reasons and it would seem that most agree the Clarity Box is very good as well. I guess it's a "Win-win-win" no matter which you choose.

In the end tho, I'm sticking with my Kennedy Box. Love it!

Best,
Bk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 11:40, 1KJ wrote:
MIM,
I like your idea of a hankie over the box, because the card inside the box can't really be scrutinized. If someone is sitting as close to the box as in his demo, they will see that something doesn't look right with the "folded card" in the box.
KJ

Why put the hanky over a box designed to be clear? Makes no sense.

I replied in the other pot so I'm not picking on you but using Clarity Box with a Hanky would be like buying a convertible Vette in Fairbanks, Alaska. Probably not the ideal choice.

People will not see that something doesn't look right with the card in the box - since performing this about 30 times so far never run into that issue.

Why? Because I ignore the box. I pay no attention to it. It holds no meaning. It is just a dull box.

I prefer not to use the "Emergency" sticker myself (personal taste) as the sticker does draw a little attention - but even with it, people have zero clue what the box means - especially of you do it like David does and do other things prior.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 11:40, 1KJ wrote:
MIM,
KJ

David does this in the close up room at the Castle. The box sits right next to a spectator. They don't notice a thing - I've seen it in person multiple times.

It's called a Clarity Box because the whole point is that it's clear. If that's not your thing, the Kennedy Box is probably more suitable.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1721 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
If people are more interested in a box over to the side of the table than what you are doing.... something is seriously wrong with your performance.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Clarity Box vs Lightning Box (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL