The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gordon Bean's Joker Joker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Does anyone have a review on this?
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
I've seen it and I really liked it. Very cool!!
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

I have this trick, and I personally like it a lot...
very diabolica and deceptive... you can allow the spectator to decide freely which card he wants to be the selected card... and it will match your prediction...

in addition you also get to learn the los angeles open... which is a version of paul curry's classic open predition..
and honestly, I think, I am sorry to say this, but I think the los angeles opener is just fantastic...so fantastic that it is better than the trick joker joker.. but I do use the joker joker thing to perform the los angeles opener... if you have it, you know what I mean...

the original los angeles taught in this trick allows you to make a open prediction, example the 8 of hearts, that the spectator will select...

then the deck is spread and the spectator freely... no force here... freely decides which he wants to be his selected card...

the spectator points to the card he wants to select...the rest of the cards above his selected card are dealt face up on the table...it does not contain the predicted card....

at this stage, he can change his mind if he wants to... assuming he does not change his mind, then his selected card is dealt face down on the pile... and the rest of the deck is shown not to contain the predicted card...

it is then shown that the card the spectator chose to deal face down was the predicted card... and this trick can be repeated with almost no reset..... you pick up the pile of cards, give it a cut and are ready to do it a second time.... on a different card !!!

I absolutely love this trick... it is a low price to pay to learn, in my opinion, such a fantastic trick...

get it and start fooling people....

cheers
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
jasonchr
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
173 Posts

Profile of jasonchr
As mentioned, The Los Angeles Open routine included with the gimmick is very good. It's an interesting application of some common gimmicks that I had not run across before. It allows you to do a very clean open prediction type of effect. There is also an alternate presentation for the prediction that reads very well. I recommend it...

Jason
The aspirant should acquire the resolve to explore and expand his talents to the best of his ability. With a thorough commitment to quality comes a sense of accomplishment and unique satisfaction.

John Carney
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I also feel that the Los Angeles Open is a great trick.
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
This latest one from Gordon Bean is truly baffling; why on earth it is being touted as 'Joker Joker' is inexplicable.

As everyone has stated, the 'L.A Open' is by far the stronger of the two effects. Maybe because the effect is reworking of an older trick that 'Joker Joker' is the headliner here?

Either way, it's worth the money just for the 'L.A Open', look on 'Joker Joker' as an added bonus....

Frank.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
I agree with the others who have performed both effects and suggest looking at it this way; The L.A. Open is a solid routine with a totally free choice by the spectator, and Joker Joker included as an "interesting" bonus.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Of the three offerings put out by Gordon at the time, Joker Joker is by far the best. I kept repeating it over and over again for my dad who never gets fooled by anything since he has seen me do magic for 20 years. He was floored.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Just come across this effect whilst looking at items on the internet.
So I thought I would explore the thread within the MagicCafe.

I am intrigued by the L.A. Open effect. I simply had to buy it.
Waiting for its arrival in the next few days.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Joker Joker (with Los Angeles Open) by Gordon Bean.

An old thread, I know, but one worth revisiting.
Could be argued "nothing new here" ... but this is an exceptional purchase.
Includes well printed documentation.

Curiously enough, it is a hard item to find now ... a collectors item.

This is still in my working routine.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Where can you get this from please?Las Vegas Opener by Gordon Beam please?

Quote:
On Dec 10, 2003, erictan8888 wrote:
Hi,

I have this trick, and I personally like it a lot...
very diabolica and deceptive... you can allow the spectator to decide freely which card he wants to be the selected card... and it will match your prediction...

in addition you also get to learn the los angeles open... which is a version of paul curry's classic open predition..
and honestly, I think, I am sorry to say this, but I think the los angeles opener is just fantastic...so fantastic that it is better than the trick joker joker.. but I do use the joker joker thing to perform the los angeles opener... if you have it, you know what I mean...

the original los angeles taught in this trick allows you to make a open prediction, example the 8 of hearts, that the spectator will select...

then the deck is spread and the spectator freely... no force here... freely decides which he wants to be his selected card...

the spectator points to the card he wants to select...the rest of the cards above his selected card are dealt face up on the table...it does not contain the predicted card....

at this stage, he can change his mind if he wants to... assuming he does not change his mind, then his selected card is dealt face down on the pile... and the rest of the deck is shown not to contain the predicted card...

it is then shown that the card the spectator chose to deal face down was the predicted card... and this trick can be repeated with almost no reset..... you pick up the pile of cards, give it a cut and are ready to do it a second time.... on a different card !!!

I absolutely love this trick... it is a low price to pay to learn, in my opinion, such a fantastic trick...

get it and start fooling people....

cheers
eric Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gordon Bean's Joker Joker (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL