The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For Gun Advocates Only.....O)thers need not respond (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
What is your favorite handgun for concealed carry and why?

If you don't have anything but your objection to gun rights to offer, please refrain from posting or I will report to the mods for being off topic. I'm seeking serious discussion only.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Always been an issue for me. Which is one of the reasons I don't carry. I have huge hands. I am over 6'4 and I need a large frame automatic so I don't shred my hand with the slide action. Large frames do NOT conceal carry that well. They get uncomfortable right quick.

So that is what I don't carry LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Special user
St. George, Utah
502 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Bond 2000 with 3" barrel in .45 colt, also accepts .410 with 3 ball bearings. Easy carry for close work.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1279 Posts

Profile of imgic
Don't the smaller glocks give enough room for larger hands ?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 01:27, imgic wrote:
Don't the smaller glocks give enough room for larger hands ?

Yes, they do. I just purchased a Glock 27 and had the magazines installed with the extension grip which allows nine rounds instead of seven or eight, minus one in the chamber. And it fits the had well.

My only problem with the Glock (and I think all Glocks are the same in this feature, but correct me if I'm wrong) is that the safety on the trigger bothers me a little. I'd much prefer a mechanical safety like other automatics I own. But the .40 caliber of the Glock 27 seems to be a better carry for the power it presents over the .380 PPK I formerly used.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 00:41, Dannydoyle wrote:
Always been an issue for me. Which is one of the reasons I don't carry. I have huge hands. I am over 6'4 and I need a large frame automatic so I don't shred my hand with the slide action. Large frames do NOT conceal carry that well. They get uncomfortable right quick.

Couldn't you carry your larger piece in the car? I generally don't carry on my person, but my car does. Legally with my CCP. Smile

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 00:41, Dannydoyle wrote:

Just curious, what did you carry when you were on the job?

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 01:10, Peter McMillan wrote:
Bond 2000 with 3" barrel in .45 colt, also accepts .410 with 3 ball bearings. Easy carry for close work.

Must be a revolver, how many rounds? .45 long colt as compared to .45 acp? I've heard of the Judge which, if I remember correctly loads .357 magnum and the same .410 load you mentioned.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A Beretta 92 F.
They were made with a 15 round mag.

We could not very a Glock because at the time they lacked an external safety.

I never liked the extra weight of a 45 between the gun and the ammo.

I would never carry a gun in the glove box. If your car is stolen or burglarized you have just armed a thief. No thanks.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Glock P227. It's small enough to conceal in an ankle holster.

I also have a Beretta .22 semi-automatic that can be concealed in a special wallet with a cut-out for the trigger. Don't carry it much, but it's amazingly accurate for its size.

Twenty one years ago, I bought my then-girlfriend a five shot Smith and Wesson revolver with a shrouded hammer, so she could fire it through her purse if need be without a hammer getting caught up on the contents. We took a twelve week firearms safety course with the San Diego Sheriff's Office which was every bit as good as the training I received at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA. By the end of it, she knew plenty about firearms safety, could hit a target at 25 yards dead on, and was able to clean and maintain her weapon. I wish everyone who carried in the US would take a course like that.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Bravo, guys! Never owned a gun. I do like the Beretta and the Walther PPK. Last pistol I fired was a military .45. I did not like that. It hurt. Too powerful. I cannot imagine what a long-barrel, Dirty Harry-type Magnum would be like! Probably knock me over! LOL! Smile

Doug
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I have several weapons that can be carried concealed. However I have narrowed it down to two for concealed carry. Both are Glocks. The one most carried is the Glock 36 with an extra mag. Reason for this is three fold. One it is a Glock, two it is a 45. and three because it conceals very easily. While it only holds 6 in the mag and one in the chamber, I feel this is adequate since I also carry an extra mag. I hope and pray I never have to present this weapon in a situation. However if I do I have full confidence in this weapon as I have several thousand rounds through it and maintain it religiously.

The other weapon that I carry at times is a Glock 19 Gen 3. Reason for this weapon is again because it is a Glock and when you pull the trigger they go bang. Having said that I have held the new Glocks, the Gen 4. They feel fantastic in my hand. I will be picking up a 19 shortly. I can see it replacing my Gen 3 19.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 04:42, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Glock P227. It's small enough to conceal in an ankle holster.

I also have a Beretta .22 semi-automatic that can be concealed in a special wallet with a cut-out for the trigger. Don't carry it much, but it's amazingly accurate for its size.

Twenty one years ago, I bought my then-girlfriend a five shot Smith and Wesson revolver with a shrouded hammer, so she could fire it through her purse if need be without a hammer getting caught up on the contents. We took a twelve week firearms safety course with the San Diego Sheriff's Office which was every bit as good as the training I received at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA. By the end of it, she knew plenty about firearms safety, could hit a target at 25 yards dead on, and was able to clean and maintain her weapon. I wish everyone who carried in the US would take a course like that.

I think you are somewhat confused. The P227is a Sig. There is no such model as a Glock P227. Also the Sig P227 is anything but small.

There is a Glock 27 which is a 40 cal. But still rather bulky for ankle carry but it can be done and is considered a compact weapon. The double stack grip make it rather wide.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"If you don't have anything but your objection to gun rights to offer, please refrain from posting or I will report to the mods for being off topic. I'm seeking serious discussion only."

if we would only extend that courtesy to other threads. Smile
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
I'm not a gun guy but I've always liked the look of the snub nose .38 special not the standard black but the shiny silver one.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 10:29, Slide wrote:
"If you don't have anything but your objection to gun rights to offer, please refrain from posting or I will report to the mods for being off topic. I'm seeking serious discussion only."

if we would only extend that courtesy to other threads. Smile

Oh my God you just can't resist.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 09:21, acesover wrote:

There is a Glock 27 which is a 40 cal. But still rather bulky for ankle carry but it can be done and is considered a compact weapon. The double stack grip make it rather wide.

You're right - it's the Glock 27. Used to carry a Sig, so I guess I just added the P2 to the beginning. Only thing I don't like about the Glock is it gives a nasty crack and a sharp recoil, not as smooth as the bigger handguns.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"Oh my God you just can't resist."

glass houses.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
We all are managing to talk about the original post with two exceptions.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 01:48, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 01:10, Peter McMillan wrote:

Must be a revolver, how many rounds? .45 long colt as compared to .45 acp? I've heard of the Judge which, if I remember correctly loads .357 magnum and the same .410 load you mentioned.

The Judge is .45 Colt/.410. Sweet weapon.

I carried my son's Glock 23 for a time which is .40 cal, but he just bought me a gun- the Ruger SR .45 which I have no problem wearing CC. I have a durable, soft suede holster for it. I like the Ruger for all of its features and price. Ambidextrous mag release, loaded warning lever, rear sights adjustable for elevation and windage, trigger safety and mechanical thumb safety- which isn't too common on striker fired weapons. I love the grip on it too, real nice feel. All this for $419 at a local shop and msrp is $529.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For Gun Advocates Only.....O)thers need not respond (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL