The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Malone , Regal & Ammar ETMCM (VOL 4-6) - DVD with most tricks used in your routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Hi all,

There's many review and comment on favourite DVD's. My question now is for these 3 series -
1) Malone - On the loose
2) Regal - Either the new or old series
3) Ammar - ETMCM (Vol 4-6)

Which has trick that is most frequently use in your impromptu routines that you can end up clean? Which has the most practical routine? Forget about sheer enjoyment of the performance...
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

I do not have regal dvd set, and I just ordered on the loose by Malone... heard that on the loose is very entertaining...

I have the Ammar ETMCM... and I have to say this.... it is very good... I am not comparing cause I have not viewed the other 2 yet...
the Ammar series is very clear in presentation and teaching of the tricks.. the tricks are classics and I use most of them most of the time... there is the super practice session where you can see the key points of the tricks that are taught... and on top of all these, you get the bonus gimmicks with each dvd...
the whole series is well worth your money...

will give you a comparision with the Malone on the loose series when they arrive... in about a week's time...

cheers
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Thanks Eric. I want to buy either of this. Still can't make uo my mind........

Now there's John Bannon's new DVD...Guys..help..I have so much option so many good DVD's to buy but so little money........

Which should I buy first? I need one with mostly cards, parctical, doable , easy to intermediate skill level......Please advise?
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

you can read the bannon review in another thread... doesn't sound too good...

honestly, though I have not seen the rest of the dvds you mentioned except the Ammar series...

I might be biased, but I really like the stuff on the Ammar series... you get to use like 70 to 80 percent of the stuff there... at least for me... and that's a very high value for a dvd...

I have already ordered the Malone "on the loose"...
and the next set I am after would either be osterlind's mind mysteries or the regal's dvds....
it seems like I would order the osterlind's mind mysteries after the new year...

and since you need one with "mostly cards, practical, doable, easy to intermediate skill level" ;
I have a hunch that Ammar series satisfy all your conditions...

just my $0.02 .....
eric Smile
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Ammar and regal dvds tie. I use a lot from both. I didn't like on the loose as much
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
On the Loose has some great sleights that one might be interested in even though the tricks might seem somewhat mediocre. However, Bill's performance and antics were so good that these tricks were able to be 'lifted' to become masterpieces =).
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
From the discussion, I have cut down my choice to either the Ammar 4-6 or regal?

Should I get regal old or new series?
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I have ETCMC videos and the on the loose DVDs. On the loose are much better. I still LOVE ETMCM, but Bill Malone is better.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Go for On the Loose...awsome stuff.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I put another vote for ETMCM but really you cannot go wrong with any of these Smile
~joeKing
Chris Michaels
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris Michaels
I would go for ETMCM first. If you're ordering a set, I would say 4-6 would be the best bet. I use alot from 4, and a couple from 5.. haven't seen 6. I'd say the gem off each of those would be Your Signed Card (4) and Another Quick Coincidence (5)

Other notable mentions would be Dunbury Aces(4), Ambitious Classic(4), Reset(4), Dr Daley's Gambler vs. Magician (4), Henry Christ's Fabulous 4 Aces (5), The Gun Trick (5), and Honfzinser All Backs (5)
"penguin is the cheapest magic shop online" - some person I was talking to on AIM.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Ammar's stuff is pretty boring even though it contains the great classic of magic. But somehow his presentation and methods of teaching are very routine and not as enteretaining as the other 2 magicians. Well, but his teaching is definitely top notch as he is very clear and precise in his explanations.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi daniel,

the "on the loose" I oerdered just arrived...
and I had some time to scan through them....
I was very impressed with the way bill Malone presented his tricks... very funny and entertaining...

if you want to compare it to Ammar's presentation, you will find bill Malone's style to be totally different... he is always cracking jokes... poking fun at the audience... whereas Ammar is the more serious type...(some would call him boring...but I find it ok, although honestly, not as funny as bill Malone)

presentation style:
but his presentation is really really good.... if you are looking for a fun time, just watch his performance and you will be rolling on the floor in no time.... frankly, Ammar does not get me rolling on the floor...

comparison of tricks:
well, some tricks appeal to some people while the same tricks might not appeal to others, so it really depends on what you like....
I feel that the tricks Malone does are pretty normal tricks...but he teaches you a very different presentation style... he bascially changes the way he shows some tricks you might already have...

the tricks on Ammar's series are classics... like I said before, I learnt and benefited a lot from the Ammar ETMCM series... there are a lot of tricks in his series I love and use frequently....
but its not fair to compare to Malone's tricks as I have just received the dvds yesterday... but I can see that I will also use quite a lot of Malone's tricks...

teaching style:
very clear for Malone and Ammar series...
both these series get top notch ratings from me for their teaching clarity and style....
they have the facing you and over the camera shots... so it is very easy to follow...
one thing though, like what was mentioned earlier and in other threads, Malone is left handed... so you have to transpose some of the tricks to your right hand... but it is no big deal... he teaches slowly and very clearly... very patient, and repeating ssome of the difficult moves... both are on par in the teaching aspect... the best I have seen...

in conclusion: Ammar teaches a lot of classics... presentation style not as entertaining...
Malone teaches some great stuff (some are not really classics) with a touch of his own unique presentation style.....

teaching style wise, both are very clear....

okie... the hard part: what to get?
honestly, I say: get both the Malone and Ammar series if budget is not a problem...

but if you have to choose, it depends on what you want: if you want to learn classics, then pick ETMCM, and if you want to see and pick up a few tips on unique presentation with how to handle audience and stuff like that, pick Malone...

my humble opinion...
hope that helps and have a nice day
eric Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
On the Loose by far. The real gems in this series is Bill's tips on presentation, and patter.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Malone - On the loose, Regal - Either the new or old series, and Ammar - ETMCM (Vol 4-6) are all very, very good dvds.
I recommend all of them to you, especially the Malone ones.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
812 Posts

Profile of magico
My vote goes to Bill Malone's dvd.
SeanJohn
View Profile
New user
Finland
52 Posts

Profile of SeanJohn
I have more fun with the Ammar - ETMCM series..
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
So far it's Ammar's series for me Smile
NYKnicks5
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of NYKnicks5
If you are looking to learn a lot of classic tricks, go with ETMCM. If you are looking for more presentation and practical effects, go with On the Loose. On the loose is very entertaining and practical (but I still love ETMCM, there is so much great stuff in there)
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
How bout all of them! All the material in all of the dvd's has something you will probably use somewhere down the line. They are all great! I would highly recommend them!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Malone , Regal & Ammar ETMCM (VOL 4-6) - DVD with most tricks used in your routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL