We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The perfect magic trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I think that if there is a such thing as a perfect magic trick, the Professor's Nightmare is one. I say this because it can be performed stage or close-up, can be performed surrounded, packs flat and plays big, is cheap, lasts forever, can be handed out for inspection before and after the performance, and isn't too difficult to do.

Are there any other perfect magic tricks?
jhonyguerrero
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jhonyguerrero
Do you kNow insonia ( sorry for is bad written)
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
No, I've never seen Insomnia.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Café,

I agree with you on the Prof. Nightmare.

There are several others as well.

Dick Oslund and I chatted about this over the weekend. He LOVES "pack small play big" stuff...and is working me toward that.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
One perfect one for me has always been a simple no-phased Ring off Rope. I thnk the original name was "OFF!" but I've forgotten who invented and released it.

It was perfect for strolling because it could be pulled in tight and intimate and still get screams from a table of people. On stage, I still do it when I can spot a big, heavy ring. It plays perfect for stage because you get to have the owner or their child up on stage help you with the tying.

I've always performed it as a single thing; no phases, flourishes, repeats, nothing. It can only get weaker. A big heavy ring is tied in a knot, in the middle of a rope. That rope is wrapped around your wrist and tied in a double knot. The ring vanishes from the rope and appears on your finger, on your other hand. It's really nice, great angles, easy after you get it down.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The person who published "OFF" was the same person who published "The Matrix" and his close-up Zombie Routine. Now he is creating many of his excellent routines on DVD through L&L Publishing.

"Al Schneider" comes to mind.

Al's hand to hand coins across is as near to a miracle as one can get. It is not easy or self working, all sleight of hand and is wonderful.

There are many purely magical tricks, sponge balls to name the most magical. Acrobatic Silks is another that always fooled me every time I performed it. I even knew how it worked. LOL
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Ray Grismer performed a finger ring routine named "Off". But if you are talking about a ring off rope effect where the ring is attached to the rope with slip knots, that is the "Hindu Rope Release". I don’t know who created the Hindu Rope Release, but it has been around for a long time.

Jim
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I believe "the perfect magic trick" is not so much the trick...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5521 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 00:47, rklew64 wrote:
I believe "the perfect magic trick" is not so much the trick...

Exactly my thoughts. All lies in the performers presentation. One can take a $7.50 trick and make it the perfect magic trick. Example- Slip Off Spots- get's excellent reactions and is only $7.50. But if you are performing this without emotion and in a monotone manner- it will be a bust!

RNK
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
To my way of thinking, Al Schneider's Matrix is as perfect as they get. Very simple and direct. Elegant.
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Burmese Bells is another "perfect" trick.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
A perfect trick is one that a
performer leaves the audience spellbounded.
Todd
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I meant "perfect" from a performer's point of view.

Vanishing the Statue of Liberty leaves an audience spellbound, but I wouldn't call it a perfect magic trick, since it doesn't pack flat, can't be done anywhere, and many other reasons.

Professor's Nightmare leaves an audience spellbound when performed well and is perfect from a performer's point of view.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5521 Posts

Profile of RNK
A perfect kids prop: http://www.thecuckoosnest.com/zencart/ze......_id=7002

This $2.00 prop will amaze kids and adults for that matter!

RNK
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
Al Schneider's Matrix is not a perfect magic trick, but Burmese Bells is. You can't perform matrix on stage.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 00:06, J-Mac wrote:
Ray Grismer performed a finger ring routine named "Off". But if you are talking about a ring off rope effect where the ring is attached to the rope with slip knots, that is the "Hindu Rope Release". I don’t know who created the Hindu Rope Release, but it has been around for a long time.

Jim

No, I am talking about Al Schneifer's booklet called "OFF" it is a finger ring off rope effect. No knots. If you know anything about Al Schneider, he does not do ohter people magic without his genius added to the effect. This was also published in Genii Magazine at one time.

I know Ray Grismer published several small single trick phamphlets, I only got his "GET SHORTY" routine. Which is a short change routine with bills. He greatly reduced the amount of bills.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 23:08, Caféinst wrote:
Al Schneider's Matrix is not a perfect magic trick, but Burmese Bells is. You can't perform matrix on stage.

You could use cameras/projectors to perform Matrix on stage. Jamie Allen performs Cardtoon, etc. onstage with projection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh0C8Hj-3ZM

Might not be for everyone, but it could be done successfully.
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
Bill, I'm sorry. I read it a few weeks ago and forgot that you were talking about the finger ring off rope effect and not matrix when I posted yesterday. I have never seen the finger ring off rope effect but would like to. I have seen videos on youtube of such an effect, but to my magician eyes it didn't look so convincing.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12355 Posts

Profile of John C
How many magicians does it take to decide on the perfect trick?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 09:29, John C wrote:
How many magicians does it take to decide on the perfect trick?

55,874 as of today's registered member count. Of course you will get 55,874 different answers. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The perfect magic trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL