The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Trick by Charlie Frye & Daniel Cros - Produced by Bazar de Magia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
John C, I saw the ad but insight says its not easy so wanted to see if someone who owns it could help out.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Has anyone gotten this yet?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Waiting for reviews myself.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 18:46, samdan wrote:
John C, I saw the ad but insight says its not easy so wanted to see if someone who owns it could help out.

Insight is referencing a previous post concerning coin rolling.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Just picked this up at the local brick and mortar and opened it up. Not what I expected and I must admit that my Initial reaction is perhaps a bit disappointed.

Keep in mind that I have not set it up, practiced or performed it yet. Just my initial reaction as I opened the box.

I have to say though,and I wonder if others will feel the same way but in Martin's original post (and descriptions on other sites,) the ad copy mentions something that while technically true if taken literally as to the exact definition of the thing mentioned, is not really the case (in my opinion) in terms of the core principle at play here.

Again, the ad copy in question is technically true so maybe it's just me and Im being overly sensitive and should just appreciate the effect for what it is. Anyway, apologies for keeping it vague but I am curious if others who get this will know what I am talking about and feel the same way.

At the end of the day, what I'm being vague about above is probably the reason for my initial disappointment. The effect is super cool so Im sure I'll get over it as I start to play around with it.

In the meantime, the DVD is short and sweet. No long drawn explanations which I like. The set up, though I haven't done it yet, seems simple enough. And it is the type of thing you can have on you in your pocket and quickly get it going.

$50 seems a bit high but, whatever, I suppose one can make that claim about many great pieces of magic.

That's it for now. I'm going to play around with it later and go from there.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
745 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Interested to see how you progress this Pendleton.

What were you dissapointed with?

Is the description inaccurate?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 19:04, Martín Pacheco wrote:

No threads -No Skill required - It´s new principle - Easy to do

Thanks

Martin Pacheco
http://www.bazademagia.com

Intentionally misleading advertising isn't a new principle.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 22:10, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

I have to say though,and I wonder if others will feel the same way but in Martin's original post (and descriptions on other sites,) the ad copy mentions something that while technically true if taken literally as to the exact definition of the thing mentioned, is not really the case (in my opinion) in terms of the core principle at play here.

Again, the ad copy in question is technically true so maybe it's just me and Im being overly sensitive and should just appreciate the effect for what it is. Anyway, apologies for keeping it vague but I am curious if others who get this will know what I am talking about and feel the same way.

I don't have this but as soon as I saw the no TT qualifier and then watched the trailer, I rolled my eyes.

It doesn't use your thumb so there's no TT. Smile Smile
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
103 Posts

Profile of Martín Pacheco
The ad is correctly:

No tt - NO FALSE FINGERS
No magnets.
No threads.
Check it out!
No skill required
New Principle - Easy to Do

Thanks

Martin
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
[/quote]

Intentionally misleading advertising isn't a new principle.
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth?
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
103 Posts

Hi Friend

I want to repeat:

That ad is truth NO FALSE FINGER no TT , No magnet - It´s a new principle - No threads. !!!

Thanks

Martin Pacheco
http://www.bazardemagia.com
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-07 06:50, Martín Pacheco wrote:
The ad is correctly:

No tt - NO FALSE FINGERS
No magnets.
No threads.
Check it out!
No skill required
New Principle - Easy to Do

Thanks

Martin

Martin,

I respectfully disagree with one of the claims made in the above. And am surprised that you continue to assert it boldly. Again, if taken completely literally, then fine, you are correct. But the core principle in Frye's Chips is basically the same. And more importantly, the exposure is pretty much identical.

Again, let's see if others who have this will agree with me. If so, hopefully you'll adjust the ad accordingly.

In the meantime, I've played around with this and do enjoy it for what it is is. Would I have purchased it had the ad been a bit less open to interpretation on one of the points? Probably not. Am I glad I did? Well...I am not unhappy with it....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
1 thru 6 which one is a bold misleading statement? Leave at the number.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

John-In fairness, I'm being vague on purpose so as not to expose. But indeed, I am questioning one of those 6 claims. Maybe it's just me....maybe it's not. Hopefully others will start weighing in on this.

Here's the thing, if I had to market this product, I would not have made one of those six claims. I would have worded it differently so a consumers expectation would have been in check. When expectations are managed properly, usually a consumer is pleased. When they are not, this leads to disappointment.

This is what I believe happened here. Had the copy been worded differently, I believe my expectations would have been in check and in turn, I would have been happier with what I got.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Anyone that has this, not matter the ad, what you get, etc. will you use it? Not play with it, but carry it in your pocket, take it out and use it?

Thanks!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Zombie-pleasure to converse with you! Your reviews and insights have helped tremendously so hopefully mine will return the favor! I'm trying to be fair in my posts despite the copy issue so hope it helps.

Anyway, this is indeed something you can have in your pocket and with a couple of seconds of set up, be ready to go. This is true regardless of the ad copy (I also mentioned it in my original post for those just catching up).

I'm at my sons swim practice right now and just doing it casually for no one in particular as I sit in the bleachers. I'm getting some double takes which I think is how this effect works best. When its unexpected, and someone just happens to see you doing it.....and before they know its over. Life goes on but they kind of scratch their heads for a bit.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-09-07 14:57, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

I'm at my sons swim practice right now and just doing it casually for no one in particular as I sit in the bleachers. I'm getting some double takes which I think is how this effect works best. When its unexpected, and someone just happens to see you doing it.....and before they know its over. Life goes on but they kind of scratch their heads for a bit.

PendletonThe3rd, thank you very much for your patience in answering questions. The scenario at your son's swim meet is exactly the way I just do a coin roll and of course it can spark a conversation ( without any magic being performed ).

It would be great to make a small, silent, rotuine with the chip. Coin(chip) roll...mesiah vanish/re-appearance....chip spining and you're done.

Zombieland
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
103 Posts

Hi
Thanks for your comments...
No all that you use in your finger is TT. Sample BW or NW (Mentalism props)These not are TT. Magnet Ring no is TT. SO THe gimmick for perform the Frye Chip is not FALSE FINGER ot TT...I´m very honest with it.

Thanks

Martin
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-09-07 16:09, Martín Pacheco wrote:
Hi
Thanks for your comments...
No all that you use in your finger is TT. Sample BW or NW (Mentalism props)These not are TT. Magnet Ring no is TT. SO THe gimmick for perform the Frye Chip is not FALSE FINGER ot TT...I´m very honest with it.

Thanks

Martin

I get what you mean. I think most people get it. There's really only one way something like this could work. Sounds like a great effect.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Pendleton, is this part of the ad accurate?
"When you're inches away, the secret of the stunt is impossible to detect... It looks perfect from all angles and can be done surrounded."

This was the part (more than the gimmick) that interested me. Especially the "inches away" and "all angles."

Comment?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Trick by Charlie Frye & Daniel Cros - Produced by Bazar de Magia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL