The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Whats in a name? "ShaZzam!" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
zackgb
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zackgb

Now you see it…now you don’t! Magic comes alive and illusion becomes reality in this fast-paced cornucopia of trickery. Daring escapes, disappearing objects, reappearing animals and slight-of-hand feats are set to dramatic music and dance. Sit on the edge of your seat as the Master Magician Daniel Hanifan and his assistants amaze and confound during this 25 minute show that builds up to a grand finale that will leave you breathless
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Thanks for posting the ad. I had not seen it before, I new about this show in Georgia, but have not bothered to see who packaged it.

This was one reason, in part, why I started posting, as I had someone ask if I was bringing my show into the U.S., as they had only heard "ShaZzam!" was going to be there.

Thanks again.

Blair Marshall
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Magicians and old marketing professors are designed for fun. "What's in a name?" is a standard marketing question. Once the values of a name are recognized the next question is "How can a name be protected?" The correct answer a professor hopes he gets is "Through public use and acceptance." Students almost always believe that the law will give you a monopoly and protect it for you. Of course, neither is correct.

That's when I have fun and send them to the grocery store to find the two products with the "protected" name "Care Free". The two products the ambitious ones find are a chewing gum and a feminine hygiene product. That usually recharges the thinking process. Are these products stealing each other’s image?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Kramien
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Kramien
I can't believe that this conversation goes on and on, take the name, whatever it might be, and GO ON THE ROAD AND MAKE MONEY, Stan Kramien,,I own a show called SHAZAM that is in two semis, the whole show is for sale, you can call it whatever you want.

Posted: Jul 20, 2004 1:45pm

---------------------------------------------
Has the show SHAZZAM ever really gone on the road anywhere ?
zackgb
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zackgb
The show I posted is currently in Wild Adventures theme park.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Nice to hear from you Stan.

RE: "on the road???" John played several dates (showrooms) with the original. I am sure you probably saw it,read about it,or saw it when it played L.A. on the "Its' Magic" show, and received extensive coverage (8 pages) in Genii. Lee did tour the show, California dates, and overseas, again showrooms (ie. Desert Inn). You perhaps know more about this end, being a West Coast person.

We do not "tour" the show, and have no plans of doing so. At least not in the sense of touring that you have been doing. You did "write the book" on this type of work, and have actually published material on this, which is still available on your site. Reviews were good. So anyone that is interested in large show touring, can go there to find them.

Re: "Show for sale" - If you are so inclined I would be interested in receiving an equipment listing of the material you have for sale and your global asking price.

You can e-mail me this, or fax it to me, with your asking price. If you have it posted somewhere, let me know.

Thanking you in advance Stan.

Blair Marshall

Fax: 514-636-8069
Kramien
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Kramien
Blair...It would take a long time to inventory the show. It goes from the original Carl Owens built Cannon from the Mark Wilson show, down to hundreds of smaller illusions and effects. Elaborate high tech sound, great lights, rigging, scenery, great transportation, and a lot of good conversation, this one of a kind ADULT MAGIC SET for the low low price of only 250,000.00 I have a really collectable Head chopper from the Orson Welles show on ebay, look at it, my reserve is only 3,000, I believe it closes tomorrow. Stan
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Only $250,000?! That's a phenomenal deal for the show...if I was not already set up, I would definitely jump on the offer.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Sounds like a good price Stan in todays' market.
With the price of quality illusions today moving up,
and the fact that some in the show could be considered
"collectibles", as Bob would say "the price is right".
The fact that it is a full package, makes it an extrordinary buy for the right person.

When I bought the "ShaZzam!" show (30 illusions, sets, curtains, costumes, the incredible logo sign) six years ago, I felt the $100,000 USD asking price was fair for the package back then. Not only that, the many Gaughan illusions, made it a "steal" to me. It even included one of Johnnys' full size Gallows, new probably worth $15-20000.00 today.

Best of luck in the sale. Will keep it in mind though, if wanting to add to our repertoire.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Blair:

Have you ever thought about using Gomer Pyle to open your show? Here's the link to his introduction!

http://www.soonerbimmer.com/images/Sounds/shazam.wav

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Hi Terry,

Actually on the Flash version of my site (down at present) everytime you hit a buttom it would say "ShaZzam!" (note - 2 z's ---- Chuckle!!!). It was my web designers' voice, but after listening to Gomer, they do sound alike. I will have to mention that fact to him.

Back when I was writing one of my many illusion articles for Genii, I had themed a segment (illusions, props, costumes) for the barnyard, boy would a Gomer like character be a good intro for this segment, right down to the "ShaZzam!". But we would have to teach him how to pronounce the 2 - Z version. (LOL)

Take care thanks for the input.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Nice to see the Shazam show back on the road after 20 years. https://shazamshow.com/
Seems to be updated and modernized, yet keeping that "traditional" stage spectacular feel alive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Whats in a name? "ShaZzam!" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL