The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Thumbtip collection (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
Do you know of anyone who has a proper thumbtip collection?
(Not just someone with a lot of thumbtips. I'm wondering if anyone actually collects them.)
I've recently discovered that I have 33 different kinds, but I've got to imagine that plenty of other people have more.
I'm thinking of displaying mine all lined up in a row on my bookcase.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nope, I only buy them as workers. I believe I used an Adam's metal one for about 10 years until Vernet come out with theirs, then had that for some 15 years until I sat on it and cracked it. I do have some none descript, but my favorite are my P&L metal ones. I did put one in a display box once, but I did not like the look of the gimmicks in the glass top box. So I removed them and forgot about such a display.

The late Neil Foster's wife took all his gimmicks and glued them to vase, then painted the whole thing in gold paint. It was really neat looking and very attractive. Thus that is why I tried the box thing, as I did not want to spoil the gimmicks for art.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I don't collect them I have many.Most of the same type.The type that fit's and works best for me.I hardly leave home without one.It's one of the my most important gimmicks
I own. Simple magic at its best.
Todd
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Besides the normal TT's of different sizes, I have 2 Dlites, 2 color changing Dlites,2 flippers by Rocco, one with a wick, one with a striker flint wheel, a TT with a reel attached, and a few more I can't recall at this time. Total is around 30.
Ihor
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Sounds suspiciously like a collection to me . . .

Somewhere I, too, have a wick-tip and a tip with a long black spring. (I had an explanation for both of these here, but decided it was too revealing in open forum.)
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I don't intentionally collect. I bought a few for various applications such as a metal tip, and some have come bundled as a gimmick such as Juan Pablo bill production .The there's vinyl, rubber etc. I guess I have a collection. LOL
Ihor
drewer
View Profile
New user
NoVa
100 Posts

Profile of drewer
Darwin has a collection of different and odd types of thumb tips which he shows in his Encylopedia of Thumb Tip Magic set. It is a good DVD set, so check it out.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have (probably) the WORLD'S ONLY "DOUBLE ENDED" TT. It was a "gift" from Tom Ladshaw.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha Dick
what exactly do you mean by double ended?
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Thumbtip collection (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL