We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marcus Eddie's Open DVD (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
A new P3 release ( they did LokI Kross's BRILLAINT FAX DVD ).

On the trailer, Marcus says the card can be signed!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3564

"A BLUE card is rubber banded on the outside of a RED card box. This is your prediction card.

A card is then FREELY chosen (or even just named!) from the RED deck. Let's say it's the three of spades. The deck is now placed back into the box and the BLUE prediction card is very fairly and openly removed. Miraculously, that one BLUE card is the THREE OF SPADES".

"OPEN is a great idea with boundless potential for effects. Very smartly handled." -Jon Armstrong
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2582 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
SUPER Clever . . . I really like the way Marcus thinks.

I wish him great success with this release.

Greg
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6898 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I got a sneak peek at this. Very clever. The gimmick made me smile. When he showed the prep, I thought, "How the heck will this let you do that effect?" I smiled when he started explaining it. Smile
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Agree. I like his thinking a lot. Would love to see more non-card stuff from him. Not that I don't like the cards...I'm just into the other stuff too!

Quote:
On 2013-09-02 18:42, Greg Rostami wrote:
SUPER Clever . . . I really like the way Marcus thinks.

I wish him great success with this release.

Greg
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
His thinking is awesome Smile I like all of his ideas and most of the time you can do a lot of different things with his methods. I wanna make some rubberband magic with him lol but back on topic, this looks good, I gotta pick it up. Idk if I will use it or not but I'm curious to how it works
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Urgh. So annoying.

Was forced to buy that instantly.

I now have zero willpower it seems. I feel abused.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Uh oh, another deck to carry around with you. Lol. There is one neg comment on penguin in that there is no reset or cleanup taught on the DVD. Personally I don't mind that but may not be for everyone (Dorian).
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1901 Posts

Profile of ted french
I love this method too. It is a very clean impossible almost self working effect. In other words right up my alley.
P3
practice practice perform.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
This does look very nice and I hope some dealers will have it in the UK.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Marcus has been around a few years and his recent releases have been wonderful.
Hirwa
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Hirwa
I like the "openess" of the trick! Great effect, will get it.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Do you have to use the jumbo index? Is this another one trick deck?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
OPEN is a Cool Box deal today:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3564
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks quite obvious to me , doubt you can see the backs and also O--t t-o l----h type scenario looks to be going down . Pure speculation as per this section though Smile . Love open prediction effects .
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Acar
Equivoque: You don't need to use jumbo index. And this is a totally normal deck of cards!

nanaswan, if it's obvious, why speculate? If you're right, you're simply exposing a trick. If you're wrong, then it wasn't obvious. Seems like you should choose one or the other Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think it's a normal deck too , just don't think the backs can be shown . It's only speculation and that is what latest and greatest is about . It's obvious IMO so don't see how that's exposure , but the handling at least seems to look odd to say the least and would back up my theory .
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
If this follows what looks like an extension of a Jon Tremaine idea then all of the backs can be shown and you could even let people go through the whole deck. Tremaine has a more streamlined effect that has an intuition or influence theme as opposed to the open prediction.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sounds maybe better than my first thoughts then , have to wait for a review
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8400 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-09-03 16:09, ted french wrote:
I love this method too. It is a very clean impossible almost self working effect. In other words right up my alley.

Quote:
On 2013-09-09 07:21, Hirwa wrote:
I like the "openess" of the trick! Great effect, will get it.

Yep, pretty nice little trick alright. Smile

I like it because there is not a lot of fuss to it and it is almost instantly amazing to the specs, which is the only thing that matters. It's seems pretty easy to do and a nice walk-around trick to carry and pull out for some good magic. Smile

Marcus Eddie has produced a lot of nice work that I have seen, usually very clever stuff. It's like someone dropping a simple toothpick on the floor, Marcus picks it up and makes a machine gun out of it. Smile Just when you think, "What else can be done with a deck of cards?"...Marcus' constant creativity answers the bell. Smile

I look forward to picking this up and hope the brother continues to produce such strong magic, and be well-regarded for it. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I see several people expressing their preference for Boris Wild's Open Prediction.

I have put my Boris Wild Perfect Open Prediction up for sale at the following link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0

I am also including three free bonus effects never released to the magic community.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marcus Eddie's Open DVD (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL