The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chris Capehart's Floating Table performance (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
A wonderful performance of the losander trinity table. this man is awesome:)

I see very rarely good performances of this effect. thanks for sharing zombie!!!

I have the deluxe losander table and would never ever perform it, aif it
doesen't look perfect. this guy has rehearsed a lot as I see, compliments:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-10-06 13:43, rasmus wrote:
A wonderful performance of the losander trinity table. this man is awesome:)

I see very rarely good performances of this effect. thanks for sharing zombie!!!

I have the deluxe losander table and would never ever perform it, aif it
doesen't look perfect. this guy has rehearsed a lot as I see, compliments:)

Rasmus, I would bet that your performance of the table would be incredible!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Nice routine... short & to the point-Looks good on the street
TravisNye
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of TravisNye
I performed this on the street and got great reactions. However here in SD winds are consonantly 30 mph easy so you only get a short window to perform. I make my own tables and other objects to float. I recently made a different piece of furniture that appears to be way more practical than a style of table no one has ever seen before. When I get several made they will be on the market for sale. But the floating table is an amazing effect and I love it. this guy also had a wonderful performance
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
This clip of Chris was at the Toronto Scotiabank Buskerfest. For those that have never been, I recommend it. Great lot of magicians that have busked there including:

Chris Capehart
Gazzo
Nick Nicholas
Billy Kidd
Peter Snow
Istvan
Jack Wise
Max T. Oz
Andrew Elliot
Magic Brian
....plus many many more magicians and buskers of every sort. Aug. 21-24 this year.

http://www.torontobuskerfest.com/#performers

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Guess I must be the odd man out. I love Chris Caphart, but I thought this was a good, but relatively generic presentation - especially compared to his other routines.

Also, these tables break when you look at them hard. I am sure it draws a crowd, but someone knocking it, a kid leans against it, or a gust of wind can mean you could have lost $1,000+. Good magic, not good financial sense unless you have other motives than pure busking.

They break a lot in regular shows (during a "hard" landing), and you should bring glue with you for last minute repairs.

I used to bring mine to kids parties, but I was so nervous that some kid would break it, that it was a detriment to my show. And yes, nearly every time I had to get kids to back away from it or it would have be broken.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Great performance.

Curious, I looked up the tables and my jaw dropped. Great effect, but not in my price range.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
They are relatively easy to make, and should cost no more than $500 (and that is generous). Losander makes a killing off them. And before anyone says anything, no he did not invent them.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Chris Capehart is a top guy and his performance of the floating table is nice to watch.
On the other hand I would not recomend this as a closer to a street show all even use it on the street.
You can see the audeance watching but it did not hook them into his hat lines and they walked, quite a big walk off.
Great prop to play in a one off street show sure, but as a regular street prop no way. The hat on my head would last longer.
Its not a good street prop I am sure Chris would agree with this him self.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
PS If I ever acquire one I am sure I would play with it on the street or at some festerval as a one off.
In my mind when I watch Master Chris Capehar perform this effect, that's what he is doing he is just playing with this prop.
Its not his real closer to his street show I am guessing he is just playing with it.
I am happy to be wrong.
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
197 Posts

Profile of R Don
At the 12 minute mark is an asian guy doing it outdoors.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNaqBtlTaOM

Here is another at 7 minutes... he appears to have a sound system controlled by his watch.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=67iBrsddY1E
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
These videos convince me that this effect is best performed indoors.
I feel the magic is somhow lost and it becomes a trick.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Gonna have to agree with Mario. in 2014, this effect has been done to death and shouldnt be played indoor or outdoors.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Nick, we agree in part.
My referance is more about the use of this prop outdoors, as for indoors funny I have not seen it performed that much.
Mind you that's probally because I am kind of an out door guy.
Mario
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
196 Posts

Profile of Hayre
Watch the video again (Capehart)... watch him after he releases the right hand off the gravity box to regrip the cloth (and g-------). He grabs a part of the cloth near the corner... quite far away from where the g------ would have been hanging naturally.

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL basic Losander table. Has the g------ in this newer model been changed, or attached to the cloth in some manner that is different than the original model?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chris Capehart's Floating Table performance (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL