The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 4 Walling (my epic fail) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gcdnuan
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Gcdnuan
Greating everyone,

wow didn't expect so many encouragement note for you guys. Thanks it really appreciated. I'll reply to your inquiries asap, however for the moment I'm ill so you'll have wait a little.

Thank you for your understanding.
best regards
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Please keep it coming
I've seen successful big city 4 wall shows work
And I guess we don't hear about the ones that aren't successful
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9674 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, Vick when all facets work together and you have the resources to sustain it can be quite lucrative. Also it is important to remember, it is a process and the key is sustaining and not getting too excited about spikes and other common occurrences in the process.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a quote from an article by Darren Hardy that seems relevant to this topic:

“Go fail — a lot — and fast.”

Read the complete article here.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Gcdnuan
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Gcdnuan
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing. I sorry I could help to the thread but I'm feeling better now.

So here is what I learnso far form my experiance.

1- you need a website (drupal,joomla, wordpress are free if you have some it skills)

2- flyers and posters are a side promo but have very little impact on sells

3- t.v see MindPro & MagicofCurtis advice post above.

4- give ticket brokers a good commission (aka a reason to sell you tickets)

5- some say it should be promoted 2-3 months in advances. I was proven this to be true and lost money on it. BUT I still believe it can be done as fast as in a week or 2 just. I'm not saying doing a sold out stadium, but a small theatre 300-500, I think so.

6- use Facebook - tweeter - instagram to promote instead of dumping your money making 10000 flyers.

What you need to know is to do a real promo you need 20K $ at the minimum.

I'll try to make a post about how to do a sh!tty promo when you don't have a lot of money or investor. But don't expect to o much out of it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19853 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you have a tourist town promoting it to people that far in advance is pointles. If you promote it to ticket seller they want to know when they can sell and make money.

The thing you left out is consistency. This is the largest component. The ticket seller may not want to sell tickets to a show they are not sure is going to stay the year. You need to be a fixture. There are lots of guys with dreams and no information who stick ticket brokers all the time by running out of money.and leaving town. Makes the seller look bad and wary of all new shows.

You need to be in it for the long.haul to be taken even remotely seriously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Gcdnuan
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Gcdnuan
Yes, completly agree with you on that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 4 Walling (my epic fail) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL