The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Novel ending for coins across (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
The idea here is for a novel ending to coins "across" with four half dollars and a chinese "odd" coin ( the magic coin) being used to supposedly help bring each coin across from the other hand. Well, when three halves have jumped across to join the "odd" coin, the ending is that the "odd" chinese coin turns magically into a half dollar and the half dollar yet to "go" that was in the left hand, instead turns into a Chinese coin. I have several methods, with and without gaffs but thought the concept itself was nice.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Another idea for changing the presentation of a now-classic coin routine is to vary Wild Coin routines (David Roth has many routines of this category and in fact "coined" the term which is based on Wild Card but with coins) by changing the odd coin from Chinese coin or copper English penny to a BENT half dollar when you are using half-dollars as your 4 main coins. Therefore, with a rub (spellbound move) the coin seems to bend, not change in color and style. This is a different effect. Bent coin is seemingly dropped in a cup or purse and the trick is repeated 3 more times. Instead of revealing that the coins in the cup have returned to their unbent condition, an anti-climax, you could end here OR by incorporating some techniques from Bank Night routines (again David Roth has the best work on this subject as well) you could dump out 4 different coins, for example 4 chinese coins as a kicker, and then Dave Ferst mentions the chinese coins could be bent. I call the shorter version Wild Geller Coins and the one with the kicker Wild Geller Coins with Kicker. I hope someone can use these changes in the presention and therefore the effect of the Wild Coin plot. Thank you for reading. Gregg Webb
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Reminds me of a routine in Doug Brewer's book "The Unexpected Visitor". The routine is called "Sounds Familiar" and uses 3 halves and a shell and a Chinese coin. At the end of the routine the sh***(supposedly the final half to travel) and the Chinese coin are in your hand and you "get rid of" the Chinese coin by placing it in your pocket when in reality the sh*** is slipped over it. In the end you change the last half dollar back to the Chinese coin and when they open their hand they have all of the half dollars.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Thanks Mule. There is an interesting one of the several I've created that only uses four regular halves and one chinese coin. Give it a shot. I play with gaffs but found that a lot can be done with just basic sleights but routined cleverly. I'm going to try your way too. (Ahem...Doug Brewer's way). Regards, Gregg Webb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Novel ending for coins across (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL