The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Christmas 2014 - one less weekend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Unlike the last few years, this upcoming holiday season will have one less performing weekend.

I'll be honest, I really didn't even think about this until a good customer of mine called and wanted to book a show on December 22nd. I kept thinking that he routinely takes the 3rd weekend in December and that is the 3rd weekend in December.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Gerry
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2241 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Its Obama's fault. Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Ken,

That was really funny!

The problem I'm seeing with this schedule already is that some folks that normally have their events in week 4 are trying to jam them into the 3rd weekend when I already have many repeat customers.

Sunday football games also complicates this as well. Smile

Gerry
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Gerry, you sound like me!! LOL I count the Halloween weekends, and week days, and look at December also, checking out not only when the Christian holidays fall, but also when my Jewish friends have theirs. (End of Nov. this year!!! So that works)

B
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
More bad news. It stays like that until 2016 and then it is stll Christmas Eve on Sat.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Not sure if that is all bad news. When working malls I often worked Christmas Eve (day), and on at least one occasion the mall advertised the "last chance to see Santa and give him your list" before we made him disappear to head back to the north Pole!

Blair
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Christmas 2014 - one less weekend (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL