The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » NFL Promoting Obamacare? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
EDIT: The sentence in my last post should read "How about if I show you thirty-nine Democrats who voted AGAINST it?"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I just realized that there is only one party that often votes unanimously in lockstep. And, guess what? It's not the Democrats. Getting all Democrats to agree unanimously is like herding cats.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I think I'm starting to discern what is likely to be the main GOP campaign strategy for 2016: "racism failed in 2008 and 2012; let's try an appeal to sexism instead".

Quote:
Hillary is probably more man than any of the republicans.

The campaign battle has the potential to be real entertaining when they start playing the sound bytes of her screaming fits
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

The attacks on Hillary are already sexist and disgusting.

I just realized I didn't provide the NAMES of the Democrats who voted against the Healthcare Act. You can find them all, listed by state, here:

http://www.searchnc.com/who-voted-for-obamacare.html
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lobo
You don't have to be a registered republican to be a card carrying member of the cult of "NO". The only republican plan that I can see is to humiliate the black man.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 18:16, mastermindreader wrote:
The attacks on Hillary are already sexist and disgusting.

I just realized I didn't provide the NAMES of the Democrats who voted against the Healthcare Act. You can find them all, listed by state, here:

http://www.searchnc.com/who-voted-for-obamacare.html

So now the plan is to scream sexist? I guess it is better than focusing on an economy on its back obamacare cost overruns and unemployment bad with the world wondering what happened to us. Yea fake charges about it being the skin color or sex organs of the people in charge. Isn't it possible to oppose someone based on incompetence? Oh no it is all race. Very one dimensional Bob. Funny you and Al are in lock step huh?

Let me ask you Bob when you said the president made a mistake by the red line comment were you a racist?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And Bob the votes against it were politically calculated because they had enough votes and tough reelection cqmpqigns. But you know that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Danny. You pointedly IGNORED the fact that you were absolutely WRONG when you stated that all Democrats voted for the ACA.

The ONLY Senate Republican, though, who I believe voted for it, was John McCain.

And WHERE, pray tell, did I say ANYTHING whatsoever about the attacks being based on racism??? I was responding to the disgusting and sexist attacks that Limbaugh and his ditto heads are throwing out daily about HILLARY CLINTON. No sexism, you say? You haven't read the "Hilda Hag" "screeching," "ugly" and "man-like" comments that have already started to pollute what were once intelligent discussions.

But, last I looked, she's white.

But, again, please quote were I said that those who opposed the President only do so because of racism. I didn't

Once again you posted a blatantly false statement. But this time it's about me and I'm not feeling as friendly as I did many posts back when I said I thought you were a moderate.

Seems I may have been mistaken. That or you just take great enjoyment in attacking me regardless of what I say or believe. Since you've already got me stereotyped, that wouldn't be surprising.

Whatever.

But, again, are you still maintaining, DESPITE THE FACTS, that no Democrats opposed the ACA? Or are you just going to let that slide since you were proven to be completely wrong? If I'd have made a false statement like that about something that was easily verifiable, I would have acknowledged it and apologized.

You, on the other hand, have just deflected that completely and changed the subject.

I guess some people are just immune to facts when they've already made up their minds.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-08 19:01, Dannydoyle wrote:
And Bob the votes against it were politically calculated because they had enough votes and tough reelection cqmpqigns. But you know that.

You stated thar ALL Democrats voted against it. At least you're you're finally acknowledging your error. If you read the article I posted about the Blue Dogs, you'll find that several of voted that way simply because of their political convictions. A few even left the party became Republicans.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 18:25, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
You don't have to be a registered republican to be a card carrying member of the cult of "NO". The only republican plan that I can see is to humiliate the black man.

Good Grief! Must the Republicans roll over and agree to everything Obama proposes just to prove they're not racist? Give me a flaming break!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 19:17, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 19:01, Dannydoyle wrote:

You stated thar ALL Democrats voted against it. At least you're you're finally acknowledging your error. If you read the article I posted about the Blue Dogs, you'll find that several of voted that way simply because of their political convictions. A few even left the party became Republicans.

Ok if you are going to hang your lawyer hat on EVERY I was wrong not every. The VAST MAJORITY of democrats have been in lock step for 5 years. Now go ahead tell me I am wrong. The party has been taken over by the extreme. So has the democratic light party. AKA the republicans.

I was addressing you and Al simultaneously sorry. YOU scream sexism he screams racism. Same thing really. Was calling her names much different from calling Bush stupid or for that matter Quayle? Of course it is lets hear how that name calling is ok. I am sure you can come up with the usual excuse s for the behavior.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Back to the original topic and the NFL promoting the ACA. As far as I am concerned so what? It is law. Shouldn't be strange to promote it.

I may disagree with the law but I would disagree far more with not allowing them to promote the law of the land!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 20:51, Dannydoyle wrote:
Back to the original topic and the NFL promoting the ACA. As far as I am concerned so what? It is law. Shouldn't be strange to promote it.

I may disagree with the law but I would disagree far more with not allowing them to promote the law of the land!

Then I guess it is about time to correct the topic thread title.

Because the NFL as an organization is NOT promoting the ACA aka Obamacare.

In fact, the NFL is taking no stance on Obamacare. The GOP scared it off from promoting Obamacare a while back:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/......gues-to/

"The National Football League appears to be bucking the Obama administration's request to help promote the health care overhaul, as Republican lawmakers pressure all the major sports leagues not to get involved in the effort. In a statement obtained by Fox News, an NFL spokesman said the league has "no plans to engage in this area and (has) had no substantive contact with the administration" about the implementation."

What IS happening is that a single team in a single state has signed on independently to spread the word about that single state’s health insurance marketplace:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/09/03......amacare/

"Maryland health officials announced Tuesday that they will partner with the Baltimore Ravens football team this fall to help spread the word about the state’s health insurance marketplace that will allow consumers to shop for health insurance starting in October."

"The Obama administration had been hoping to partner with the National Football League to promote its signature health law, also known as Obamacare, but the league balked after some Republican lawmakers issued a warning to sports organizations to avoid the issue."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 18:14, balducci wrote:
I think I'm starting to discern what is likely to be the main GOP campaign strategy for 2016: "racism failed in 2008 and 2012; let's try an appeal to sexism instead".

Quote:

The campaign battle has the potential to be real entertaining when they start playing the sound bytes of her screaming fits

Racism might have worked just fine in 2008 and 2012. Granted, I only know a few people who based their votes on the candidate's race, but their guy won.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 18:25, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo

You think that whosoever isn't with you on the left must be against you on the right, but there'd s a middle third, and they (we) don't have to be Republicans in name OR spirit to be unimpressed by Obama.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 21:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 18:14, balducci wrote:

Quote:

Racism might have worked just fine in 2008 and 2012. Granted, I only know a few people who based their votes on the candidate's race, but their guy won.

I disagree a bit on this. I submit that the vast majority of African Americans voted for Obama based on his race alone. And, without their overwhelming support, he may well have lost.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
How about facts.

Are all of these differences attributable to racist voters?

What about the statistic that indicates that almost 80% of all Mormons voted Romney?

This discussion has become infantile.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Once Al starts throwing the race card to explain why people disagree with the president yes it is infantile. Maybe if enough peoe called him on his bs it would stop and not degrade from there?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-09-08 22:34, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
How about facts.

Are all of these differences attributable to racist voters?

What about the statistic that indicates that almost 80% of all Mormons voted Romney?

This discussion has become infantile.

What light do you think this chart sheds on the racism discussion?

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

So, Danny, are you saying that referring to Hillary Clinton as "screetching," as "Hilda the Hag" and as masculine is NOT blatant
sexism?

Who woulda thought? And it's only just getting started.

In another thread you were on the other side, asking why we just can't call Barack Obama "the President" instead of all the name calling. I assume you would agree that the sexist name calling is equally inappropriate for Hillary Clinton aka SENATOR Clinton or MADAME Secretary.

I was't joking about Limbaugh, the man who brought us "Barack the Magic Negro," refers to the First Lady as "fat" and as "Moochelle" and, not to forget, didn't see anything racist about the disgusting post card an elected Republican official sent out depicting watermelons on the White House lawn.

And the funny thing is that there are those here who quote Limbaugh verbatim as if they just thought up these "witticisms" themselves.

Talk about lock step. How about "mindless lemmings?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » NFL Promoting Obamacare? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL