The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Release - The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
After months of working on my book, I am exhilerated to announce its availability for pre-order today! Titled “The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle”, it is the result of years of research on Asian hustlers and their methods. Wrapped in hardcover and boasting 100 A5 pages in full colour with 60 photographs, there are more than 30 sleights related to the Hindu Shuffle detailed within its pages – full deck controls, slug controls, peeks, stacking, culling and more! Most of these techniques have never seen print and are exposed for the first time.

The entire journey has been humbling and a great display of “天时,地利,人和” – knowing the right people, at the right place, at the right time. I will not forget the help I’ve gotten from experts around the world, and the generosity from those who have endorsed my work. Allow me to share some of the endorsements -

“After the last card is played, “The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle” is an important and long-overdue contribution to the body of knowledge we call ‘gambling sleight of hand’.” – Steve Forte

“As a magician who has a real passion for gambling moves & sleight of hand, I enjoyed this book and found the content fascinating!” – Bill Malone

“Lance’s book on the Asian shuffle is ground breaking. His authoritative knowledge on this little known topic is unsurpassed and this book belongs in the library of anyone interested in card cheating.” – Sal Piacente

“中西文化之间有很大的差距,当然这也包括了赌博。这本书是以亚洲的洗牌法为主题。虽然它已存在了很久, 但并没有人认真的为它写过一本书。“The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle” 可算是一本深入浅出的专文。它剖析了印度洗牌法的精髓,实在值得强力推荐!” – Sharkey Chong

“Westerners often forget that people on the other half of the planet use card methods very different from theirs. Up to now, serious information about Eastern techniques in English language has been scarce, and sometimes inaccurate or unreliable. Lance’s work fills in one part of the gap as, from now on, magicians and gambling aficionados can benefit from the first complete treatise about the Asian shuffle.” – Arnold McDonald

FOREWORD by Steve Forte.
PREFACE by Terry Roses.

There are only 250 copies for sale and I am launching the pre-orders today!

http://www.TheAsianHustle.com/product/se......shuffle/

They should hopefully be ready for shipping in the first week of October.
Thank you to everyone who has supported me in one way or another!

Cheers!
Lance
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Interesting. Good luck with it!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I just can't believe all the good guys who took care of you:p

To all readers here. I've read hundreds of books, met dozens of people, watched countless videos. That's simple, I've never seen the material Lance releases about the Asian shuffle elsewhere. Not even close. I can tell you that some stacking methods he teaches in his book are gonna blow your mind out!

Well done, Lance!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
This looks like a fantastic resource.

I definitely look forward to reading it Lance.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
582 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
I immediatly ordered mine.
JJS
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Thank you all for your kind words, and especially those who have placed a pre-order. Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1696 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I was fortunate to see a pre-publication copy of this book and I was very, very impressed with what I saw. I'm happy to see it finally being published.

Congratulations Lance!

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Thank you, Jason! It certainly means a lot coming from you. Smile
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
159 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
I ordered a copy immediately. I've heard nothing but good stuff about this book!

Jack
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
One great project and something really new to gambling literature! Can't wait to read final version!
ssibal
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of ssibal
Looks to be a great read!
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of slim23
I am looking forward on reading this book!

Slim
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
420 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
One of the books that I will 100% get it in my life.

- Arthur
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
685 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
Lance studied the Hindu Shuffle like no one else did and shares his technical developments in this unique and fascinating book. I haven't seen anything like it.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its great to hear from you again MR Behr. A Strip Cut is a similar thing to the Hindu shuffle in nature and I wonder if there is anything new in this book which might be applied to a strip cut.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
@tommy

Nothing in print is close to what lance released. Can you name 1 serious publication about the Hindu Shuffle? Despite my supposed knowledge, I can't. This shuffle may be not common in our countries, but many Magicians use it (or should!) because obvious properties for glimpsing, maintaining top/bottom slugs, etc. And less obvious ones that Lance details. I learned many things reviewing that book and some are already boiling into my mind for being applied with our riffle shuffle. Yes, there are many things that could be used for other methods, no doubt about that.

I may not never use that shuffle in actual games in my life, but just for the new things I've learned it was worth the read!

New material, that's what I'm looking for, and I've been satisfied.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
With Steve Forte doing the Foreword and with Arnold's recommendation, I ordered this right away.

There is a little known (I suspect) book by Walter Gibson called What's New in Magic (1956) In it he has compiled a section ( he says for the first time ) on the Hindu or End shuffle. Locations, forces, false shuffles, peeks. He indicates that Ted Annemanmn developed many of the procedures. I find it interesting that the book was placed in bookstores for the general public.
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Tommy, in all honesty, I have not thought of applying some of the principles to the strip, but a quick look at my table of contents tells me there should be a couple that could possibly be applied. Although, an interesting thing to note is the history of this shuffle - it is likely to have been used long before poker cards were invented.

NicholasD, the book focuses on the techniques found at the card table and as such, forces and other purely magic sleights are not included - they were in my initial draft (about 30 pages worth), but subsequently cut down and cut out to keep the focus on where I want it to be. In the future, I might release a small publication for magic sleights that can be derived from the techniques described, for my customers.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is mention of it in More Card Manipulations - Hugard. That is where I first heard of it as I recall. As soon I read about it the strip cut came to mind. Thank you and good luck with the book, it sounds wonderful.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Just a quick note - I increased the price of International Delivery from $15 to $18 because the estimated weight of the printed book turned out to be more than what I expected. Apologies to future buyers. All those who have already purchased will not be affected - I will absorb the difference in shipping cost. All orders will be wrapped and delivered via Registered Air Mail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Release - The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL