The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Release - The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
I've had a lot of requests for videos ever since the release of "The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle", so here's a video taken a while ago, of myself executing the Dragon Stack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooiUFSiAkLQ

There are 2 methods of the Dragon Stack shown in the video, out of 5 different methods that I have described in the book. A total of 9 stacking methods + 1 culling method can be found in the book.

53 copies have been pre-ordered. Head over to http://www.TheAsianHustle.com/product/se......shuffle/ for more information.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@Lance: Nicely performed and deceptive in appearance. Looks like the Asian version of the old overhand Haymow Shuffle Stack.

By the way, is there a reason it is called the Dragon Stack? Why not the Butterfly Stack or the Orange Blossom Stack? Then again, I don’t know why the overhand shuffle version is called the Haymow.

I play heads up from time to time with this Asian fellow who shuffles just like that. Heh…wait a minute…he wins almost every time…I wonder if…oh no…! Smile
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Thank you. The Dragon Stack is a term coined by Sharkey Chong in Simply Sharkey Vol 1. It's possibly been around for centuries (before poker cards were introduced), but Asians don't usually write stuff like that down. Even if they do, they don't usually name it. Sharkey's release is the first (that I personally know of) to name it. There are numerous ways and variations that the Dragon Stack can be executed and applied.

The main reason is just because it's a mythical creature in Chinese culture. The other core stacking technique I describe is called the Condor Stack, another somewhat mythical creature in the Chinese culture (derived from the famed martial arts novel "The Legend of the Condor Heroes"). Sounds better than the Hamster Stack. Smile The other reason is that it's trivial to use it to stack for a complete Bridge hand (e.g. 13 spades) and a 13-card flush is known as "一条龙" (translate to: "a dragon").
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hahaha, Lance, you killed me.
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
In the past week, I’ve been getting more requests for videos, so here’s another video that was taken a while back. In this video, I demonstrate the Condor Stack - http://youtu.be/MmBSZTCsMeA
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
Stop teasing and ship it already! Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I bet there are many people who didn't even know it was possible to stack cards using that type of shuffles.

(in all honesty, I myself learned many things reading your book Smile).

Well, a bit of humor now. I just regret there is no chapter about the one handed version of the Asian shuffle. (Surely in use in top-pro underground illegal joints.)
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On 2013-09-09 12:41, LanceCaffrey wrote:
Tommy, in all honesty, I have not thought of applying some of the principles to the strip, but a quick look at my table of contents tells me there should be a couple that could possibly be applied. Although, an interesting thing to note is the history of this shuffle - it is likely to have been used long before poker cards were invented.

NicholasD, the book focuses on the techniques found at the card table and as such, forces and other purely magic sleights are not included - they were in my initial draft (about 30 pages worth), but subsequently cut down and cut out to keep the focus on where I want it to be. In the future, I might release a small publication for magic sleights that can be derived from the techniques described, for my customers.

It's a shame....the magic uses would have been interesting and useful Smile
Even Erdnase had a magic section Smile
I can hope for a release in the future Smile
Long Island,

New York
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
685 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Thought about it for 10 or so seconds and then bought it. Can't wait.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Many thanks to those who have pre-ordered! I'm expecting the books to arrive on 1st October and they will be shipped out in the immediate days that follow. When the books arrive, the pre-order price offer of $75 will expire and the regular price will be $85.
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey

The books have arrived! I will be shipping most of the orders tomorrow. They will all be ziploc'ed in a padded envelope and shipped via Registered Air Mail. Thank you all for your support!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Fantastic Lance, you have every right to be extremely proud of the end product!

I'm sure the reviews will be stellar, based on the quotes noted earlier from assorted luminaries in the field.

An email from you indicates that one should be in my mail box very soon now.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
I mean, Steve likes it, what else is there to say? Waiting for this one expectantly (and another deck to go in my collection box).
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Just received Lance's book.

Absolutely a first class production, and upon initial glance, it's loaded with new and (to me) previously unknown information.

I'm really looking forward to getting into this book, and running through the material with cards in hand.
LanceCaffrey
View Profile
New user
Singapore
39 Posts

Profile of LanceCaffrey
Thanks for all the kind words. Enjoy the read! Smile

P.S. Don't neglect the parts with no photographs.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I too just got my copy...Can't wait to read it...the quality of the images and layout of the book looks great !
Hopefully, we can have additional video demos of the moves at some point ... that would be cool Smile

Great job Lance !
Long Island,

New York
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
I received my copy yesterday, and I must say I'm impressed. I haven't had the time to go through much of it yet, but so far I really like the whole design. It's reminiscent of "Revelation". Top-notch quality. From Steve Forte's foreword, I am confident the content rises to the same level. The section on grips alone greatly improved my shuffle.

A worthy addition to anyone's gambling library.
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Order in -> wait begun. Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1696 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
My copy arrived in Las Vegas. Looks great!

Thanks Lance for a really top-quality effort.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
420 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Hey everyone,

I have made a book review of Lance's book, and here is the link:
http://popularmagicnews.blogspot.ca/2013......-of.html

Please have a look when you have time, thanks.

Best regards,
- Arthur
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Release - The Asian Hustle: Secrets of the Hindu Shuffle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL