The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Sticky closes on Thumb Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThePeregrine
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, AB, Canada
27 Posts

Profile of ThePeregrine
So I've been having this problem for some time now, without much luck in fixing it by myself. I do a pretty good thumb fan, nice and even - and have no problem closing it with a flick of the wrist. Except for one card. For some reason, the card that is touching my middle (pivot) finger sticks up like a cowlick, no matter what I seem to do.

For reference, I do my thumb fan with the deck in my left hand, holding the lower left corner of the deck between my middle finger and thumb.

Cheers!

PS: First post!
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. But not nearly so dangerous as no knowledge at all.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Peregrine,
I meant to respond to this post earlier.
You don't mention whether you treat the cards with fanning powder. If you do, it may be because the fanning powder on that one card has worn off a little. If so, re-apply some fanning powder to that one card and it may help solve the problem.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
When closing the fan, insure that it's the nail of the middle finger not the pad that has contact with deck.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
You could use this to your advantage if you do a brae reversal (did I spell that right?), then fan the cards so you cant see the flipped card, and finally close the fan to reveal their card.
Reality is a real killjoy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Sticky closes on Thumb Fan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL