The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Say Cheese (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
414 Posts

Profile of kris attard
There is a new effect called Say Cheese by which you can have images appear on instant polaroid photos. Seems like an interesting concept with lots of potential, but I'm wondering whether the images (examples quoted in ad are playing card, blimp, hunk of cheese, etc)will appear as flat or as 3D images. Any comments from anyone out there who has this item will be appreciaed. Thanks!
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I agree, sounds like a great effect. Any idea who makes it or where to get it? I'm thinking some zany camera routines might be in order.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
414 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Say Cheese seems to be a new item by Mike Bent. There are a few dealers selling it in USA, including Tannens and I am sure that Hocus-pocus, Hank Lee and probably Pete Best will also have it. Note however that the working is specifically intended for Polaroid Joy Cam cameras, not any other instant camera. But this only cost about $25-35 apparently, so it's still not a bad price if the item is good.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4985 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I haven't seen "Say Cheese" however a few months ago I did see a routine using a polaroid camera where a card was selected and returned to the deck. The magician took a picture of the spectator holding a blank card. When the photo developed, the blank card had been replaced with the selected one. The image was perfect and appeared as though the spectator was actually holding the card. I assume "Say Cheese" uses the same principle. The routine was presented at a local magic club meeting and the explanation given. It takes some getting used to but the resulting picture is amazing.
Where the magic begins
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hi All,

The idea is a good one. I am just not sure I want to pay the price of a polaroid photo each time I do the effect. Plus the polariod company is not doing well, what if you can no longer get the film? These are the reason I have skipped this style of effect.

Mr Philk
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
414 Posts

Profile of kris attard
You have a point, Mr Philk. I have not yet bought the effect or the camera as I don't feel I have much practical use for either, though I am very intrigued by it. For certain performers, such as TV performers, the $50 spent on the camera and the effect would be worth even the few times it may be used as it is a strong publicity getter, especially as you give them as a souvenir THEIR photo with the magic clearly in it, such as a ghostly selected card floating above their head - naturally, with your stamp on the back. I can also see it being useful in this regard for kid’s parties. The birthday kid would keep that photo, and hence your reputation, as a memory.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5274 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Penn and Teller tip this effect and even give two or three gimmicks (one a cartoon like drawing of Teller as an Angel) in one of their books. The gimmick is remarkable easy to make and once you know the secret you can go to your printer or copy center and have all the transparencies made you want. Sorry, I don’t remember which book it is in (I think it was the play with food book).

It is a good effect overall and, until Polaroid goes under, worth performing. Find the Penn and Tell book (Barnes and Noble used to carry it) and there you are. For less than $10.00 USD and the cheapest Polaroid camera (under $50.00) and you are set!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
rolandblais
View Profile
New user
Fernley, NV
6 Posts

Profile of rolandblais
It's in "How to Play in Traffic."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1572972939/

Dunno the specifics about using the "joycam," which uses "500 series" film, but a regular $25 polaroid ("One Step" - 600 series film) worked fine for the P & T version.
Peace,
R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Say Cheese (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL