The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Close up Pads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjosh1725
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Magicjosh1725
I was wondering what kind of material makes a good close up pad. Instead of buying a ready made one I was going to make a custom one. I'm pretty new to magic (about 1 1/2 years into it) and I'm doing my first REAL show Sat the 13th of December for my fire Dept. but if anyone can help me with the close up pad material I'd be grateful. thanks. Smile
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
If you check out your local fabric store you can find some stuff that feels about the same. I don't know the name of the stuff though. It is soft and supplies enough cussion. You could also get a mouse pad if all you need is a small surface.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
At Staples or Office Depot you can get a giant mouse pad.
Traylen
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Traylen
Yeah mouse pads are like the next best thing to a close-up pad. Why don't you want to get a close up pad? They aren't that expensive are they?
What the eye sees, the ear hears, the mind believes.
-Harry Houdini
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Some years ago I used outdoor carpet remnants. They sold at most carpet stores for $.50 to $1.00 I found them to be quite good (and cheap). Sometimes carpet stores will even give them to you for no charge.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Close up Pads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL