The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Zombie response team??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
So yeah, I was just coming home from lunch and saw a zombie response team truck lol... At first I thought it was a joke but turns out its a legit or at least they would like to think so deal. GOOGLE it they have a website I guess its a national ordeal or something lol... Any thoughts? Have you seen a r response truck in your area?
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
922 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Reader discretion is advised.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What thoughts are necessary?

At least someone is to of it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
They even have a "Donate" button on their website.
I think I'll keep my wallet closed on this one.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All that is needed for zombies to prevail is for good men to keep their wallet closed Andrew.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
922 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I really can't understund how is this supposed to work, I mean with ghost hunter at least there's a chance that some crazy person somehow get's a hold of a phone, calls them and then pays them for running around with vacuums around her house but zombies? What can a zombie response team do? Beat up drunk homeless people?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-09 16:02, stubbs360 wrote:
I really can't understund how is this supposed to work, I mean with ghost hunter at least there's a chance that some crazy person somehow get's a hold of a phone, calls them and then pays them for running around with vacuums around her house but zombies? What can a zombie response team do? Beat up drunk homeless people?

Suppose even the crazies need a purpose in life.... those poor homeless folk.

-Bobby
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
It looks to be mainly a prepper site, emergency preparedness and such. I suspect the Zombie Apocalypse is largely tongue in cheek although you'd probably need a sense of humor to recognize that.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's exactly what it is, rockwall. Even the government started a "Zombie Apocalypse" program that is really about general emergency preparedness.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
For a number of years, I have "threatened" my wife with my desire to call the lady she teaches 5-year-olds in Sunday School with. My plan was to call this lady, disguising my voice as the voice of our dog, Cookie Dough (yes, I have a special voice for Cookie Dough), and as Cookie Dough, tell her that "Twyla will not be able to teach in Sunday School next Sunday because she's getting ready for the Zombie Apocalypse."

A few months ago, I actually did it. I called that woman - had to leave a voice mail - and as Cookie Dough, told her why my wife would not be in class next week.

I had the time of my life doing that. Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
For a number of years, I have "threatened" my wife with my desire to call the lady she teaches 5-year-olds in Sunday School with. My plan was to call this lady, disguising my voice as the voice of our dog, Cookie Dough (yes, I have a special voice for Cookie Dough), and as Cookie Dough, tell her that "Twyla will not be able to teach in Sunday School next Sunday because she's getting ready for the Zombie Apocalypse."

A few months ago, I actually did it. I called that woman - had to leave a voice mail - and as Cookie Dough, told her why my wife would not be in class next week.

I had the time of my life doing that. Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
You did it twice?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The Zombie Squad is a legitimate emergency preparedness and community service organization. There are similar ones throughout the country and abroad:

Quote:

The basic concept behind Zombie Squad is that zombies are a useful metaphor for a worst-case scenario: if someone is prepared to survive the complete breakdown of society due to an uprising of the living dead, then he or she will be prepared for almost any real-world disaster or emergency conceivable. The zombie metaphor was chosen for humor, originality, and as a bait and switch for horror movie fans, science fiction fans, gamers and others who otherwise may not be drawn to the idea of disaster preparedness or community involvement...

...Since its inception in 2003, Zombie Squad has organized charity events for organizations such as Meals on Wheels, American Red Cross,[8] Youth In Need, Feed My People, Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean County, Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Project S.H.A.R.E. and they have held a fund raiser for the victims of Hurricane Katrina and the May 2007 tornado outbreak.[9][10]

They have participated in several flash mob-like events known as Zombie Walks to raise awareness for blood drives for the American Red Cross and local food banks. Their contributions charity organizations have also included zombie movie nights, trivia nights, Hot Wheels car races, food collection, and holiday parties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Squad
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
922 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:

The basic concept behind Zombie Squad is that zombies are a useful metaphor for a worst-case scenario: if someone is prepared to survive the complete breakdown of society due to an uprising of the living dead, then he or she will be prepared for almost any real-world disaster or emergency conceivable. The zombie metaphor was chosen for humor, originality, and as a bait and switch for horror movie fans, science fiction fans, gamers and others who otherwise may not be drawn to the idea of disaster preparedness or community involvement...

Well, I stand corrected.
But seriously , who would figure that out?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Very interesting. The man in question actually lives a block away from my father in law. He is a prepper and believes society will eventually crumble and he will be prepared. However, I still find it funny his truck is decked out complete with bio hazard decals and even a zombie arm trailing off the back end. The funny yhing about it all is that he told my father in law that if zombies do invade he is prepared due to his experience and being ranked so high in Call of Duty Lmao...

But in all seriousness it is important to be prepared should a real emergency happen.

-Bobby
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Be prepared. The zombie apocalypse may be upon us already.

Dead Man wakes up in body bag.

http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/24850264/ma......ral-home
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All part of our plan.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Loose lips Danny!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Ha. Here is a Zombie comedy and Magic routine for you... http://www.axtell.com/zombie.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2909 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, rockwall wrote:
Be prepared. The zombie apocalypse may be upon us already.

Dead Man wakes up in body bag.

http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/24850264/ma......ral-home

See, that's why body bags need a zipper that also opens from the inside.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Zombie response team??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL