The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Question about Magic Smoke (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flagre
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Flagre
Hi! I´m new in the forum, also very new to magic - I´m a puppeteer and I´ve just started to incorporate some magic in my acts.

I´m thinking of buying the Magic Smoke effect. But I can´t quite figure out how it works from the descriptions. Does the smoke always appear to come from your hands/fingers, or is it possible to make the smoke appear to come from something else, for example to give the illusion that a puppet is blowing the smoke?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you are referring to the old MYSTIC SMOKE, they say in the ad that it comes from the fingers, then skip it. This is only some kind of sticky stuff, that the ad says it "looks like" smoke. It actually only looks like the thick part of a smoke stream. It is not smoke at all.

If not need a website reference to know what you are referring to.
Flagre
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Flagre
Bill, thank you! I´m thinking of a product called Magic Smoke 2.0 (there is another thread here comparing this to other versions and there seemed to be an agreement that this was the best kind):
http://www.illusioncraft.co.uk/magic-smoke-version-2/
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
You can have it come out of the puppets mouth.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Flagre
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Flagre
Quote:
On 2013-09-13 23:02, slyhand wrote:
You can have it come out of the puppets mouth.

Thank you! Smile
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
Yeah , no doubt for using
smoke 2
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
That's the great thing about Magic Smoke V2 that stands out from all the others smoke devices. It's very simple in design, and can be used to produce smoke from anywhere. It can be set up very easily for your puppet, and depending on the inner material of the puppets mouth, you may not need to make a hole in the mouth. I know of no better system for producing smoke from anywhere.

Good luck!
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
How do you get the smoke from mouth?
FasciN8
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FasciN8
Personally, I vape and am familiar with all the ins and outs of vape products. But in the magic scene, I am also looking at the various smoke production products as well. the link above seems to be outdated so here is another.
https://store.theory11.com/products/smoke-alan-rorrison
there are many more cool products now like the smoke watch from SM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Question about Magic Smoke (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL