The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fever by Nefesch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hi guys, I just thought you may be interested in watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtmQ099XH3A&edit=vd

The effect is not available yet, but it should be ready by tomorrow.

Nefesch
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Very clever Indeed my friend! Clever Idea to use this method to create an improptu PK effect!
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Can I just borrow your thermometer !!!!!
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2013-09-13 01:56, Nefesch wrote:
Hi guys, I just thought you may be interested in watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtmQ099XH3A&edit=vd

The effect is not available yet, but it should be ready by tomorrow.

Nefesch

I recommend highly this effect.

Super clean, no gimmick and impromptu.

Great job!

MP
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Glass thermometers are dangerous to carry around with mercury...never seen the cool one from demo. In this day and age everyone uses digital...is this effect doable with those formats?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Walter Davis has/had a very nice effect using an electronic thermometer...that was altering your body temperature to make the reading zoom up or down...
I've asked to be banned
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Quote:
On 2013-09-13 07:12, MagicBrent wrote:
Glass thermometers are dangerous to carry around with mercury...never seen the cool one from demo. In this day and age everyone uses digital...is this effect doable with those formats?

I thought mercury thermometers were pretty much non existance these days? Most are filled with other substances now
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
FEVER works with any analog thermometer:

* Mercury thermometers
and
* Mercury-Free thermometers

Mercury thermometers are nowadays rare to find.

However mercury-free thermometers are easy to find at any drug store, many people have one of those at their place hence these new Mercury-Free thermometers are more accurate than Digital thermometers, and they do not use any hazardous substance.

FEVER is intended to be perform with any NON DIGITAL thermometer

I agree with IAIN: if you are looking to perform this with a digital thermometer you should take a look at "What the Flux" by Walter Davis.

I should also say that FEVER will be released tomorrow and it will be launch at a really crazy price that will remain during the weekend; as a side note I shall mention that this weekend most of my products will have a crazy price with up to an 80% discount, this is something I do once a year starting last year, so this is the second year that I do it, during this weekend (saturday and sunday) all the products at nefesch.com/store will go CRAZILY DOWN.

Nefesch
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Hug.

I can't wait to buy this one.

First he hugs me, then he gives me a fever.

:bat:
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I'm sure that all of you guys are just jumping at the chance to add a thermometer into your magic arsenal.

I know that I am.

Can't. Wait. Until. Tomorrow!

Please release it today!

:bat:
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Interesting effect... I guess...

"Impromptu", though? Ha!

You won't be able to borrow an unprepared thermometer at most performances (unless you ask for one in advance), and supplying your own will be very suspicious. So not impromptu at all.

This would only be impromptu if you're performing in someone's home, and where it wouldn't seem too weird to borrow their thermometer (and hope they don't have a digital one). Either that, or in a pharmacy.

So I'll pass.

And after watching the promotional video, I'd hoped this would be titled FOCUS rather than FEVER. It seemed like an actual performance, which is great, but it looks like it was shot on someone's phone. Anything but professional.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I don't think this effect would play well digitally. Too easy to program the result.

Digital is a hard place to take magic.

I have a digital scale that when a ring is borrowed, will show the correct weight.
Then it slowly goes down in weight until it hits 0.
Then the ring floats.

I never perform it though. It screams "gimmicked!".

Some items are just hard to get into the action.

So I understand the analog reasoning. As for using a thermometer, well; when you are doing a lot of pk the "regular item" logic goes out the window.

If you could really do anything with your mind, you would be affecting all kinds of items, especially ones of measurement.

I couldn't tell a lot from this demo as it blurred a lot. But going to 104.5 f is 8 degrees hotter than body temp.
That could be very impressive, but some may think that their hands did it, as my hands are pretty warm all the time.

If this works on "cold-blooded types" as it would have to, to be a releasable product; then there is something here.

The method of heating could be applied to more, I'm sure. (If that is the case. I'm not sure really how it is done, as the demo doesn't show the thermometer well.)

I will have to wait and find out how this plays for everyone, before making any assumptions Smile

L
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
6 degrees. My bad.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Loki it plays very well digitally.

I've performed this for years: Stand alone,with pulse stops, and other aspects. I've used borrowed thermometers and brand new. The concept of Gimmicked thermometer is a magicians thought. Non magicians don't think your going to gimmick a thermometer of any kind.

Also, to raise or drop your temperature per their request adds to the non gimmick as they control the desired result
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Neff great job
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hi WDavis Smile

I think that you may have missed my overall point.

I have no need to defend it Smile

My work on "Spectator's Logic" is some of the strongest to appear in our art in some time.
And has been recognized by many in this very thread.

Carry on gentlemen! Smile
L
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Loki,
I may have missed the point.

With respect to most digital items thouhh I would agree with you.

Cheers
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Fever has been released!!!!!!!!!

There is a second demo in my site, a full performance:
http://nefesch.com/store/index.php?route......ct_id=87

During the rest of the weekend you can get FEVER with a 55% discount.

All the rest of the weekend most of my products will have on my store an up to 80% discount.

Nefesch

http://www.nefesch.com/store
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
PASS. NOT FORGIVEN FOR HUG.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fever by Nefesch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL