The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fever by Nefesch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
PASS. NOT FORGIVEN FOR HUG.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
NEVER FORGIVEN FOR "HUG".

:bat:
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Sounds like some people need a HUG - which you can NOW get at the amazingly low, low price of ONLY $30 during the sale.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Don't worry, Bart.

I'll give you one next time I see you!

lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Wow. Why are we carrying over the past?

Was it that bad, so to "Never forgive, Never forget."?
Has everyone in magic mistakenly thought they were adopted into ANON?

All this ANON glomming is hilarious to a REAL social manipulator/con-artist/Information thief.

If on "HUG" he had shown the dancer vid, then stated:
"I will teach you body tricks that look amazing like this guy's dance move, along with many others."
Some would have been thinking, "I can't do that."

Then if the follow up was:
"In this I will cover the way our anatomy can be manipulated so that these feats are easily accomplished."

People would have been in love with it.

But that didn't happen, and I do not know if ANYONE could have been taught, as I do not own one. (As that would be the draw, "works on most".)

But we have had the Inexplicable disaster since.

I would hate to have a future product held back by a past one.

If you press on coal hard enough, it can make diamonds. Do it with just your hands, and they get filthy.

(I think I am going to make all my future demos vague as to start debate. It just brings awareness and sales.)
Inexplicable and HUG sold great, I bet; just because everyone wanted to hate on them.
What is missed is that you are just causing the curious to buy it.
You are not deterring sales, you are helping them.

And if you do not believe me, go onto one of my products with constant bashing, please...

Now back to this thermometer deal.
I'm not saying it is good or bad. I wouldn't know.

I've already stated my thoughts on the logic.

Let us give Nef a chance again guys.
He has more wins than controversies.

The original quote is:
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

Just so you know who you are actually quoting. Smile (ANON just reworded it.)

(The ANON theme in magic irks me right now, and I know I am responsible for part of it. (As it was my whole character). So it stings a little more.)

If this particular product deserves bashing, then do it.
But I do not believe one should be held permanently to a past product, unless they have several bad ones and just do not "get it".

There are those creators, they just do not show their face around here....
L
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
The method for Fever seems obvious to me, and hardly worth even $7.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I just saw the second demo.
Much better.

And I can tell that girl was skeptical, as she claimed to not "feel it".
(Even an easy going spec would just play along. She seems legitimate.)

Then I saw the price... 7$...

And at that point, speculation doesn't even matter.
I will spend more than 7$ in the next hour just being alive.

As well, my mother, (whom was a correctional nurse), would have paid 7$ just to learn how to reset a thermometer faster.
(Guess where they put it while you're handcuffed Smile )

L
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I guess "handcuffed" doesn't have as much to do with the fact that they would break them in their mouths and spit the mercury in your face.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-09-14 13:46, lokikross wrote:
Wow. Why are we carrying over the past?

Let us give Nef a chance again guys.
He has more wins than controversies.

There are those creators, they just do not show their face around here....
L

Yes, I am carrying over the past.

Here's another quote for you, Loki, since you like quotes:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". George Santayana

I WILL NOT GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE, and I highly recommend that others follow suit.

Buy it if you want to. I don't care. I hope that you are pleased if you do buy it.

It's THE WAY he did it for "Hug", Loki. It's not that it just wasn't good.

I really don't care if some creators don't come on here. If it's too hot in the kitchen, STAY OUT!

You know that The Café is a SALES GENERATOR. If you choose to stay away, you will only sell 50 copies. If you come here, you will sell 500.

So stay away if you want. Obviously Nefluck (WHO SHOULD HAVE STAYED AWAY!) chose to come back.

Why?

SALES, that's why.

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I liked the second demo. In the right hands ( talented ones ) I'm sure this could be a good piece.

But, it wouldn't make me trade it for Docc Hilford's Ball and Tube, so it wouldn't be for me.

*Yes, I realize they know what a thermometer is and have no idea what a "ball and tube" is;-)
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I am not going anywhere.

And you could never make it "too hot" for me to handle.

I already said what you said about how things are done.

And one quote does not make me a fan of them.

If you utilized your reading comprehension more than your giddyness to troll, you would have seen multiple points made.
I am defending nothing. I even invited this attitude to my products to help them sell.
I only pointed out that the ANON behavior, from people that have obviously NO idea what they are mimicking; irks me.

It is common knowledge that I can and will verbally eviscerate people on this board.
You are normally more fun to read Bats.

I suggest you focus your energies back on trolling this, and by your admission; help Nefesch sell more copies.
As you are correct. It helps sales. Smile

You can attack me in one of my threads. Smile

Thanks,
L
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Sorry, Loki, but I don't think I will do that. Attack you, I mean.

Before I purchased "Hug", I exchanged a few PM's with Nefluck expressing my concerns about wasting money on something that I would not use.

He assured me that I would LOVE IT and use it.

I do not love it.

Even if I did, I cannot do it at all.

It's rather difficult to explain because I would have to use an entire Café page to do it, but that purchase also created much animosity and fighting between my wife and myself. She was ****ED at my purchase even more than I was!

That has been my only magic purchase that has done that to me.

That was an added unforeseen bonus to my "Hug" purchase.

It was a bonus that I did not need.

You wouldn't understand, though.

BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I might be a little stupid, but I guess by ANON you mean anonymous, Loki.

Yes, I am anonymous here.

But it means nothing.

Plenty of magicians hide behind an alias anyway. I don't think David Copperfield was actually born David Copperfield. Actually, I KNOW that he was not born DC.

Even if you knew who I was, it would mean nothing. There are at least a few dozen people here on The Café who know who I am. I personally know 5 of them here. The others have shipped magic to me that I have bought from them.

But if you really want to know who I am, go here:

http://www.massapequaculturalarts.org/program.shtml

Go about 3/4 of the way down the page (right above the picture of the kids playing chess) and look at who the teacher of the magic class is.

The name of the teacher should convince you that that is who I am, based on what my user name is here.

Does that make my anonymity any better?

My eMail address is also"batsmagic", because that is a lot easier than using my real name, which was actually taken when I signed up for an eMail address, so using my real name wouldn't work anyway.

I am NOT hiding from anyone!

lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I do understand, as I have several of this years releases sitting in a bin.
I just feel weird selling them if I wouldn't use them. So they are expensive losses.

As for ANON, I am actually referring to the Hacker group that uses that line of speech.

And as such, it has begun to permeate magic. (The hacker attitude.)
Because, let us face it; we are "hacking the mind".

(But we also emulate criminals, which is something I had to "get over" quick. As it felt very "false" to me when I met some of the "names" in magic that supposedly had "questionable" backgrounds; thus giving them credibility they did not really deserve.)

But to those whom have done real time, have actually had to erase out identities because of our past, or likewise; the adoption of this " trend" can be "false" feeling as well.

Should I just get over that too?

As I had to change my name and go into magic, because I was unhireable after my corporate NOC work; even with multiple degrees and experience.
Just because information systems make mistakes and a charge can look like a conviction on a background check.

So after 2 years of fighting it, I changed my name, went to Vegas; and changed my whole identity.

And it was not until AFTER FAX that anyone knew who I actually was.
In Vegas I had roommates who really thought my name was LokI.

And ironically I used my FAX money to pay lawyers to seal my background, (which included charges and convictions based on the same method used in it).

So I have a personal attachment to it, as many ANON members also buy my products. (So I get two boards Smile )

But recently, (since cleaning it), I have allowed my name to get out.

But if you consider the years in Vegas, shows, nightclubs, the whole community, and then releasing products; and STILL not having people know who I really was; THAT is ANONYMOUS my friend Smile

So I guess it is just another facet of magic that is being adopted more, that I will have to accept.

L
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Loki,
Are you saying you are part of Anonymous?
James

Quote:
On 2013-09-14 15:50, lokikross wrote:
I just feel weird selling them if I wouldn't use them. So they are expensive losses.

As for ANON, I am actually referring to the Hacker group that uses that line of speech.

(But we also emulate criminals, which is something I had to "get over" quick. As it felt very "false" to me when I met some of the "names" in magic that supposedly had "questionable" backgrounds; thus giving them credibility they did not really deserve.)

But to those whom have done real time, have actually had to erase out identities because of our past, or likewise; the adoption of this " trend" can be "false" feeling as well.

As I had to change my name and go into magic, because I was unhireable after my corporate NOC work; even with multiple degrees and experience.
Just because information systems make mistakes and a charge can look like a conviction on a background check.

So after 2 years of fighting it, I changed my name, went to Vegas; and changed my whole identity.

And ironically I used my FAX money to pay lawyers to seal my background, (which included charges and convictions based on the same method used in it).

So I have a personal attachment to it, as many ANON members also buy my products. (So I get two boards Smile )

But if you consider the years in Vegas, shows, nightclubs, the whole community, and then releasing products; and STILL not having people know who I really was; THAT is ANONYMOUS my friend Smile

So I guess it is just another facet of magic that is being adopted more, that I will have to accept.

L
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Loki,
Are you saying you are part of Anonymous?
James

Quote:
On 2013-09-14 15:50, lokikross wrote:

L
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
No One is a part of ANONYMOUS James.
That is the point.

L
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
But if you are asking:
Do I have "ANON" followers? Yes. Before Magic Even.
Do I have some shady past? Yes. One I have been trying to direct into something positive.
Have I erased/changed my identity? Yes. As mentioned before, the Internet can go both ways.

Does this affect my Magic? Only in the sense that I have access to information that can be used in our art, that has not yet. (ie. FAX)

Am I a Guy Fawkes mask wearing tool? No. That is my whole point.

There is a difference between living in the 1%, and behaving like it. (And I mean the other 1%. Not the rich kind.)

So it does bother me that the life I had to shed is the very life that people in this art claim for credibility.

It is like the idiom of rappers shooting someone to get "street cred".

It also kind of bums me out. I could have just stayed myself and I would probably be doing even better Smile
A lot of work to have two different lives. Smile

And plenty of confusion during contracts.
L
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I am not a /b/Tard if that is what you mean.
I cannot help if my past, or current characterization draws their attention.

I was the "invisible man" in magic for several years. On purpose.
This year changed that. (That is why on FAX it looked like a "witness account" style video. Hiding part of my face.)

Now if you want to ask why there are tons of Illuminatus symbolism in my work/media; that is for a private discussion.

I have never been one to seek attention. (Thus the lack of website, hyperbole, or other tropes of entertainment in my work.)

I would rather be enigmatic than famous. Smile
L
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
I'm really confused.

But that's probably just me. Smile

Are we still talking about this "impromptu-if-you're-in-a-pharmacy" thermometer thing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fever by Nefesch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL