The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Bar Stool Snow Animator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
What do you know about this? is it worth getting?
I like the snow effect, but don't like the fan style
Thanks for your help.
GI Smile
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I think it is a GREAT idea. Make sure to get the official Kevin James version. He has put a lot of time and thought into his model as well as he is the Originator. There are some rip-off models out there and I am sure the quality is very low.
I plan to add one to my pile of magic very soon.
Take care,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
Thanks
that is what I was thinking. it looks great!!!!!
Thanks again,
GI
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I have used the original Kevin James version for years and the audience loves it!
The new model has a look that I don't like, kinda weird, and I think suspicious to the audience. I would still buy it if I could afford it because Kevin claims something like 60% less noise. I won't tip the workings but must add that my model is VERY loud. It does have a nice look and I use it as a regular stool in the act. Buy a bunch of snow loads with it.

Good music will cover the noise and is necessary for emotional impact. The music should build to a climax so that is where the snow shoots into the air.

I have used mine on Theatrical stages, school auditoriums, and even outside festivals. It is one of those wonderful visual effects that even if the audience figures it out they love to watch it and listen to your story.

If you perform it for kids be aware that they WILL rush the area that you are performing in an attempt to get under the snow. I establish a no cross area early in the show and my assistant stands ready to "keep em back" at the moment of wonder. You will love it!
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
BleuWhale
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of BleuWhale
Hi guys..

I'm wondering if any of you have purchased ATA / Flight cases for Kevin James's Snow Animator I, and if so, could you please afford me referrences?

Am hoping to get pre-made cases as opposed to having to custom make one for the equipment.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
The case he supplies is made by Encore Cases in CA I believe.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
The cases are by Encore and the unit is 60% quieter. I saw it in action and it rocks. I am using the older version but think the new one is much better.

shawn
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good soundtrack for the snowanimator? something like Copperfield uses. I do 3 loads so I am looking for music that builds to a cresendo twice and then builds to a climax inthe end.
Can someone help?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you are looking for a case for the stool. Locate a drum manufacturer. They make high impact cases to ship drums and insturments. They are much lighter then ATA cases.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
I prefer the stool because I use the routine as a closer. If you study Judy Garland's presentation (major show business teaching tool) she would always close the show with a major "strenuous" bit -- and let the wild applause call her back for an encore.....unexpected pleasure that yor would receive her finale so well -- so she sits -- exhausted on edge of stage for "just one more" quiet sentimental piece. I have been thinking of writing KJ and asking about the new set-up and have seen it used here. Portability seems great -- but routine was weaker than I liked. The rig delivered good loft --- however, and not much extra sound.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Personally I like the stool much better. KJ latest snowanimator is in a box. (A present)
Too suspicious. The stool is perfect because you can casually sit on it as you tell your story. Perfectly natural!
Daniel Faith
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good soundtrack for the snowanimator? something like Copperfield uses. I do 3 loads so I am looking for music that builds to a cresendo twice and then builds to a climax inthe end.
Can someone help?
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
The soundtrack that you will want to use that everyone uses is "Ice Dance" from Danny Elfman on the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack. Hope that helps
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Try any Cirque Du soliel tracks?

J
Jon Beetham
View Profile
New user
Newcastle
71 Posts

Profile of Jon Beetham
Also Enya has some great music to use with the snow animator..
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
Dsilverfield,
You might check out the "Notebook" soundtrack song "Overture." It has several ups and downs and it's a beautifully orchestrated song. Randy Edelman also has some nice pieces of music out there. I'm using his theme from "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story." I'm working on an "Oriental Snowstorm" combined with another beautiful effect. I'll let you know what it is, if it turns out alright. Anyway, hope the music helps.
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
Here is an easy way to make a case. You can purchase a large cardboard tube from Home Depot. They are used to pour cement columns. Cut it to size and make a plywood top and bottom. The diameter is perfect for the snow stool.
Trickmaster
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Trickmaster
Regretfully I had to send my snow animator back. It was way too noisy. I heard the new model is a little quieter
night
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of night
Does anyone have one for sale???

Thanks

Michael

Michaelnight@peoplepc.com
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Quote:
On 2005-01-21 03:25, BenSchwartz wrote:
The soundtrack that you will want to use that everyone uses is "Ice Dance" from Danny Elfman on the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack. Hope that helps

Quote:
try any cirque du soliel tracks?

Quote:
Also Enya has some great music.

You shouldn't be using any of this music for performances if you aren't paying royalties to the owners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Bar Stool Snow Animator (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL